Bibbidi-Bobbidi-DEUX our own kind of marathon ~ A Nov '14 TR ~ Updated 11/2 ~ THE END

Then the girls got to meet the beautiful Tiana! Ah, her dress is my FAV of all of the Disney princesses.

Some of the characters were starting to leave so we made sure to fit in a quick meet with Mary who was practically perfect & a very handsome Bert.

Bert & Mary were trying to figure out what flavor a Goofy cupcake (from on Jorie’s shirt) would be. The kids were trying to come up with funny flavors …. I think they finally settled on Strawberry, Grape & Broccoli-flavored. Ewww!

So in about 20 minutes or so we had met 9 characters…. it was INCREDIBLE! I believe the only character that we didn’t meet (well besides Bronwyn lol) was the Evil Queen and that’s because she was the only one with a line. And oh my goodness, we had some of our BEST character interactions here! And it was pretty neat to see the characters interacting with each other. I was so happy that we were able to do this, especially on Bronwyn’s birthday which made it extra special!

This was our last HS day of our trip and we had one more thing on our bucket list. We headed over to the Animation Courtyard to the Animation Academy. There was already a long line formed, but we hopped in line anyway hoping that maybe we’d make it. After waiting about 15 minutes or so, they started letting the 5:00 drawing class in….. well we didn’t make it and according to the CM with the amount of people still in front of us, we weren’t guaranteed a spot in the 5:30 class either. We decided that we weren’t going to wait around to find out. Before leaving, we said Hi to these guys from afar.

NEXT

Last edited:
And then we headed out in search of something to do before it would be time to line up for Fantasmic. Once we were back outside we really noticed how full the park had gotten. We headed over to the Great Movie Ride, since that was something we hadn’t done before, but the standby line was way too long. I checked MDE and it seemed like everything had a long wait time. We hadn’t used our Indiana Jones FP+ so I played around to see if I could change it to something else but it didn’t seem to be working. So we grabbed a few Frankfurters on our way to the lockers to change our outfits. Then we stopped for our very last PP pics in front of the Hat. :sad:

We were ready for a little good vs. evil!

As we were heading down Sunset Boulevard, it starting spitting. The weather was calling for rain that night and I crossed my fingers that it would hold off long enough for the show. Since we were already getting a little wet from the rain, we figured why not grab a front row seat?! I was prepared with ponchos for everyone to wear during the show.

Thankfully the rain never got any harder and it was on with the show! I kept my camera nice and dry in my bag for most of the show but couldn’t resist taking a few shots.

Last Sept when we saw the show, the boat was being repaired and the characters appeared on the mountain…. so seeing this beauty come out was such a fun surprise for my kids!

[/URL
]

Hey, didn’t we just get to meet some of you guys?

FANTASTICAL!!!!!! Loved it just as much the second time around! Such an awesome show!!

The night before as we were heading back into the park after our dinner at Cape May Cafe, we had seen the masses of people pouring out of the park after the first showing of Fantasmic. Tonight we were amongst those crowds. :scared: Honestly though it didn't feel too bad and I don't remember waiting at the bus stop long at all. I think the night before leaving HS was the longest we waited the whole trip for a bus and that was about 20 minutes. So it was back to the resort and right to bed for all of us. And that's a wrap for Day #3.

HS Firsts
  • Sofia the First meet & greet
  • Starring Rolls ~ Butterfinger cupcake
  • Disney Junior Live on Stage
  • Frozen Sing-a-long
  • Oaken Trading Post
  • Jedi Training
  • Osborne Lights
  • Santa Goofy meet & greet
  • Star Tours
  • Mike & Sulley meet & greet
  • Lights, Action, Motor stunt show
  • Bill and Mins Dockside diner
  • Indiana Jones Spectacular
  • Muppets 3D
  • Tower of Terror (new for me!)
  • Character Palooza
Wow we did a lot of new things in our 2 days at Hollywood Studios!
http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/t...05393079854629_2468641484037390909_n.jpg.html
NEXT

Last edited:
I have never heard of characterpalooza! How cool! Our DHS day is during Star Wars weekend, so I don't know if that would happen for us.

What kind of pettiskirt do you use under the custom dresses? That birthday dress is one of the cutest I've ever seen. Do you know if its a Feliz dress?

I have never heard of characterpalooza! How cool! Our DHS day is during Star Wars weekend, so I don't know if that would happen for us.

What kind of pettiskirt do you use under the custom dresses? That birthday dress is one of the cutest I've ever seen. Do you know if its a Feliz dress?

Kenny the Pirate says no Character Palooza during Star Wars weekends, boo! That stinks that you won't get to check it out on this trip but definitely something you should do the next time you're back in HS.

Most of our pettiskirts are Kirei Sui and I'm pretty sure the birthday dress is a Grace ruffle dress with ruffles on three sides. :dance3:

What a fun birthday party!

The kitchen sink!! Glad you all enjoyed it :)

Awesome characterpalooza pictures, you met so many great characters.

I LOVE your villains outfits!! SO cool!

I learned about the character palooza after our trip. I wish I knew! My husband would have loved the character meetings with no lines :laughing:

What a way to celebrate the birthday...the kitchen sink must be all kids' (and adults!) dream come true! And I love that rainbow dress, so lovely!

Okay, your teaser is too much... I cannot wait to read about your pixie dust!!!:hyper:

Happy Birthday Jorie. You guys really know how to theme.

Now THAT is a great birthday celebration. Beaches and Cream and the Kitchen Sink. What a great idea.

Well in fairness regarding Bronwyn's refusal to sit at least in this instance, you DID just have a massive bowl of sugar, lol

What a great Characterpalooza, or maybe better descibed as Princesspalooza.

Nothing ends an MGM day like Fantasmic. I have to see this at least once each trip. Just a fantastic show.

Happy Birthday Jorie! Love the Mad Tea Party theme- great job!

Love all the pics (and outfits) especially Bronwyn's birthday dress- so pretty! Characterpalooza looks great- it's on my bucket list! Looks like a lot of fun!

Just found your Trip Report after reading your last one! Loving it so far! The dresses have me like :worship: They are so perfect! I wish I had them when I was little! Can't wait to read more!:yay:

Love love loveeee both Bronwyn and Jorie's birthday outfits! And the Cheshire Cat cake!!!! Wow beautiful! That kitchen sink looks reallllll good! I want one! I just recently found out about the character palooza near ToT I definitely want to give that a try! Looks like a ton of great meet and greets!

We went to Characterpalooza on our last trip, for the first time ,and now I can honestly say that one regret I have in past trips is not doing it sooner! It was so awesome and felt kind of VIP because there were not all that many families and we got to meet so many characters in such a short period of time! I am hoping to work it into both of our DHS days for our upcoming trip!

Oh my goodness, just found your TR. I think I have found someone who likes to dress their kids as much as I do! Your family is absolutely beautiful and I LOVE all of the super cute outfits. We are planning a trip for next Sept so I might need to get some of your sources for all of the cute little outfits! I didn't know about the characterpalooza at HS so we will have to check that out. I want to take my kids to Fantasmic but have been told by a few people that it would be too scary. It seems like your kids did just fine? My girls are 4 and 6 and my little boy will be 1.5 when we go in Sept.....do you think they would be fine?

Totally loving your report and the clothes are just incredible :goodvibes

The character paloozas are such fun. We unexpectedly ended up at one on our last trip at Epcot, somewhere next to the USA pavilion. We met some great characters like Brer Bear, Gepetto, Hook, Smee and Rafiki - my DD loved it (as did we obviously...!!!)

I also adore the autograph book - how did you make it - would love to do something similar for our trip this summer but wouldn't know how to make it look so professional!

Looking forward to reading more :banana:

What a great day!!! I'm going to need to get myself over to Beaches and Cream for that Kitchen Sink!

What a fun birthday party!

The kitchen sink!! Glad you all enjoyed it :)

Awesome characterpalooza pictures, you met so many great characters.

I LOVE your villains outfits!! SO cool!

It was definitely a great way to spend a birthday! :cake: Such a fun day!

I learned about the character palooza after our trip. I wish I knew! My husband would have loved the character meetings with no lines :laughing:

What a way to celebrate the birthday...the kitchen sink must be all kids' (and adults!) dream come true! And I love that rainbow dress, so lovely!

Okay, your teaser is too much... I cannot wait to read about your pixie dust!!!:hyper:

You'll definitely have to try to get to a Character Palooza next time.

The kids were SO excited over the kitchen sink! Their jaws hit the table when the waitress brought it out!

The next update should be a good one! pixiedust:

Happy Birthday Jorie. You guys really know how to theme.

Now THAT is a great birthday celebration. Beaches and Cream and the Kitchen Sink. What a great idea.

Well in fairness regarding Bronwyn's refusal to sit at least in this instance, you DID just have a massive bowl of sugar, lol

What a great Characterpalooza, or maybe better descibed as Princesspalooza.

Nothing ends an MGM day like Fantasmic. I have to see this at least once each trip. Just a fantastic show.

Trying to conquer the kitchen sink was so much fun! Our next trip will fall between Jorie & Donovan's birthdays and they are already talking about getting another kitchen sink for their birthday trip.

Yes that is very true! It was one massive bowl of sugar! lol :rotfl2:

Fantasmic is SO fantastic. I've been trying to figure out a way to fit it into our May trip but it's just not working. The thought of not getting to see it on our trip...I'm having a really hard time with that. :sad:

Happy Birthday Jorie! Love the Mad Tea Party theme- great job!

Love all the pics (and outfits) especially Bronwyn's birthday dress- so pretty! Characterpalooza looks great- it's on my bucket list! Looks like a lot of fun!

The Mad Tea party was a lot of fun!:ccat:I loved that Jorie picked that theme. Donovan's birthday is next month and he picked a Minecraft party.... ugg, how dare he pick a non-Disney theme haha.

I think we all left that Character Palooza on cloud 9! It was SO much fun to meet SO many characters.

Just found your Trip Report after reading your last one! Loving it so far! The dresses have me like :worship: They are so perfect! I wish I had them when I was little! Can't wait to read more!:yay:

:welcome: and :thanks: Happy to have you following along!

Love love loveeee both Bronwyn and Jorie's birthday outfits! And the Cheshire Cat cake!!!! Wow beautiful! That kitchen sink looks reallllll good! I want one! I just recently found out about the character palooza near ToT I definitely want to give that a try! Looks like a ton of great meet and greets!

The great thing about the Cheshire Cat cake was that it tasted even better than it looked.... it was marble pound cake and it was SO yummy!

You should definitely get a group of your DCP friends together and try the Kitchen Sink! Oooh and definitely hit up a Character Palooza too!

We went to Characterpalooza on our last trip, for the first time ,and now I can honestly say that one regret I have in past trips is not doing it sooner! It was so awesome and felt kind of VIP because there were not all that many families and we got to meet so many characters in such a short period of time! I am hoping to work it into both of our DHS days for our upcoming trip!

You're SO right! It definitely felt kind of VIP. I love that it's not something that's announced so hopefully it won't ever become too popular (and crowded :crowded: ) There were only a handful of other families there and we were able t to walk right up to meet the characters. It was SO awesome. We're only doing a short HS morning on our May trip so we won't get to do one then but it's definitely something we're going to try to do each trip in the future.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, just found your TR. I think I have found someone who likes to dress their kids as much as I do! Your family is absolutely beautiful and I LOVE all of the super cute outfits. We are planning a trip for next Sept so I might need to get some of your sources for all of the cute little outfits! I didn't know about the characterpalooza at HS so we will have to check that out. I want to take my kids to Fantasmic but have been told by a few people that it would be too scary. It seems like your kids did just fine? My girls are 4 and 6 and my little boy will be 1.5 when we go in Sept.....do you think they would be fine?

Aww thank you so much and :welcome: Yes I do love to dress my kids!

My kids were absolutely fine with Fantasmic this trip and even last trip when they were 22 months, 4, 5, & 7. But I can definitely see how it could be scary for some. You know your kids best, if they tend to get scared of loud noises or intense parts of movies then I would hold off until they are a little older. You could try having them watch YouTube videos of it and see how they react. I tend to have a "we'll give it a try" attitude. If I see that it's too much for them or making them upset, then we would definitely leave but thankfully though, they have all LOVED it!:smickey:

Totally loving your report and the clothes are just incredible :goodvibes

The character paloozas are such fun. We unexpectedly ended up at one on our last trip at Epcot, somewhere next to the USA pavilion. We met some great characters like Brer Bear, Gepetto, Hook, Smee and Rafiki - my DD loved it (as did we obviously...!!!)

I also adore the autograph book - how did you make it - would love to do something similar for our trip this summer but wouldn't know how to make it look so professional!

Looking forward to reading more :banana:

:thanks:

Lucky you! Those are some great characters to meet! I know that Epcot has some character training spots that you can sometimes meet some of the rarer characters.

I made our autograph book with some help from DISboards. There's a whole autograph book thread under the Creative DISigns section that has a ton of great info. I borrowed some of the 8x8 images and printed the book through Shutterfly. So easy and it turned out really cute.

Happy Birthday, Jorie! What a beautiful party setup!

Lissette

Thanks Lissette! It was a fun party to plan. :ccat:

I can't believe how big Bronwyn got from the last trip! She looked so sweet in her birthday dress!

I know! I look back at pics from our first trip and she was just a baby. :sad1: Makes me so sad how fast they grow! I'm thinking that our next family trip will be Feb '16.... Bronwyn will be 4, yikes!!!!

What a great day!!! I'm going to need to get myself over to Beaches and Cream for that Kitchen Sink!

Definitely!! I think everyone needs to try the Kitchen Sink at least once!! :D

Day 4
November 9th

Even though the alarm went off bright and early for the 4th day in a row, I was still giddy at the thought of another day in Disney and happily jumped out of bed, ready to get the day started. We gathered the littles, showered & dressed and were out the door…

On the way out we stopped to check out the Savanna.

When we stepped outside, we noticed that it was cold and rainy. We hopped on the first bus that arrived at the bus stop…. we weren’t heading far…we got off at the next stop and headed inside to the magnificent Jambo House lobby. Where were we heading on this early morning?

Well we had a 7:30 ADR for BOMA! ~ an Africian-themed breakfast buffet that I was super excited to try!

A fun FYI: “Boma” is an African word for a fence made of sticks that forms a safe enclosure for gathering. You’ll notice that the stick fence motif is found at the entrance and throughout the restaurant – gotta love those extra touches that Disney gets just right!

We were all super excited to see that they served Jungle Juice or POG juice like they have a Tusker House & Kona café. And look what we found…. SIMBA waffles! Almost as good as a Mickey waffle (don’t worry, they had those too!)

We found plenty of your “normal” breakfast foods to pick from, and there were some really neat African foods that were fun to try. I really took a liking to the different fruit salads. There was an avocado, grapefruit & papaya one that was great and another one with fresh coconut. I definitely went up for seconds on these ~ SO good! This may actually rank as our favorite new restaurant of the trip! Joe and I have reservations to eat here again in May for breakfast and for dinner – and I can’t wait!

Thankfully by the time we were finished breakfast and catching a bus to Animal Kingdom, the rain had stopped.

We took off our extra layers for our PP pics but it was still darn chilly. So after the photos, the hoodies went right back on. At some point that morning, I had checked the temperature on my phone and it read 61 degrees….. brrrr, not my idea of Florida weather. (Although, after last week’s artic chill here in Pennsylvania, 61 would feel pretty nice!)

Once inside the park, the first place that we headed was Africa since we had a Kilimanjaro Safari FP+ to use. When we arrived, we realized that it would have been a waste to use our FP+ since standby had no wait…. so we walked right on.

NEXT

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter