Bibbidi-Bobbidi-DEUX our own kind of marathon ~ A Nov '14 TR ~ Updated 11/2 ~ THE END

And LOOK what happened next…..

Yup that's Jorie, Isla & Bronwyn up there!

My girls were picked to be IN the show!! :simba:

"ROAR!!"

Wow, how cool is that?!

Words cannot even come close to describing how breathtaking this show is. I'm sure that I said it last time and I’ll say it again. Festival of the Lion King is perfection! Hands down the BEST show!

After getting a high five from a Tumble Monkey and having my girls be a part of my favorite show in WDW, I was way up on Cloud 9. The morning couldn't get any better….

until...... :tink:cue the pixie dust….

The show had just finished and we were about to get up to leave when I heard a sweet lady’s voice saying “Rachel, gather your things and your family and follow me….” I turned to see a CM with a smile and a sparkle in her eye and then I realized that something magical was about to happen. (Actually I think my first thought was “How does she know my name?” lol)

We followed her out a door, near where the Simba float had left the theater. We followed her along a little path and she asked the kids “Where do you think we’re going?”

“To the YETI ride?!” Jorie exclaimed. Lol Riding Expedition Everest was all she had been talking about all morning! The CM giggled and told us to turn around.

I noticed the tall stilt walkers coming towards us first…

P1018249_zpsbfv2xrjm.jpg

....followed by the rest of the cast. THE CAST OF THE SHOW!!!!!

And then it hit me. We were getting a special meet and greet with the cast of the show!!!! The cast that we had just seen perform in The Festival of the Lion King! I was flabbergasted. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

Getting to meet them and chat with them was absolutely amazing! And I loved being able to see their costumes up close. I took a few photos but I was mostly trying to take it all in... and keep control of my emotions. We were meeting the cast of the Festival of the Lion King! I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. Oh and Joe and the kids thought it was pretty awesome too!

It was such an unbelievable experience. I still can't quite believe how lucky and blessed we were that day. Such a special memory that we will cherish forever.

[URL="http://www.disboards.com/threads/bibbidi-bobbidi-deux-our-own-kind-of-marathon-a-nov-14-tr-updated-3-12.3360126/page-8#post-53238870"] NEXT Bugs, a Yeti, and Dinosaurs ~ All good things, All good things![/URL]

Last edited:
Such cute family photos before heading in the park, I LOVE your outfits!

Great pics of FOTLK. OMG what an amazing opportunity you were given to meet the cast! Something you will never forget. The pictures are so great, especially the big group pic. SO awesome!

What an awesome birthday! Kitchen Sink would be any kid's idea of a perfect birthday treat!

We've never made it to Characterpalooza, but one of these days I AM going to! Seems like a fun way to meet some characters!

What a fantastic morning at AK! SO COOL! I am beyond happy for you!

Are you kidding!!! Special met and greet with the cast of the show...That is so AMAZING!! I thought being picked up for the show was magical enough, but you got the private meet and greet! :yay: Your family outfits are my favorite so far, and it is obvious they could tell your love for Disney and Lion King from the outfit. :lovestruc

I'll probably say it every update, but I am still in awe of your outfit theming.

Haha, 61 degrees sounds pretty good to me.

I love the new FotLK theatre. It just feels like where its supposed to be now and really does fit in perfectly.

Aw YAY that is so awesome your girls got in the parade. Given their outfits I'm not terribly surprised, but still, all of them getting picked is fantastic.

OH MY GAWD!!! That is like the coolest thing ever. I didn't even know they did that. I would have been freaking out too to meet the cast of that show like that. II need to get on making some Lion King themed clothes. Wow.

wow that must have been amazing loving all your outfits cant wait to hear more.

I LOVE her birthday dress! So amazing! Love the kitchen sink too. It is so much fun!
Your character palooza experience looks great. I love how so many of the characters are down on the ground with the kids.
It looks like you had great seats for Fantasmic!
Simba waffles! I have never seen those before. How fun.
Your whole Lion king theme with everyone's clothes is so cute. The outfits are amazing.
And SO cool that the girls got to go out and be part of teh show and then you all got to meet the cast. So much magic!!!

A FOTLK MEET AND GREET!!!!! WOW!!!! Amazing pictures and I am so glad that you got this magical experience :) :)

I am SOO Glad I found your 2nd trip report. I remember reading your first one right before our trip to Disney last November and it gave me so many ideas for customs for my daughter and which restaurants to go to! Reading this one is making me want to plan our next trip. And can I just buy all of your daughters clothes for my daughter..seriously they are the best dressed!

Well, now I'm all misty. I can't believe y'all got to meet the FOTLK cast! That is so great - and good for you for keeping it together during the meet and greet.

Wow! I'm not surprised the pixie dust headed your way - the Lion King outfits are beyond amazing - they just totally look part of the show. They obviously recognised the effort you'd put in and decided you earned a little something special - soooooo cool! :goodvibes

Really looking forward to the next instalment :thumbsup2

All caught up! I am always in awe of your outfit theming!

That meet and greet? Wow. I've never heard of that before! What a very special memory!! <3

Such cute family photos before heading in the park, I LOVE your outfits!

Great pics of FOTLK. OMG what an amazing opportunity you were given to meet the cast! Something you will never forget. The pictures are so great, especially the big group pic. SO awesome!

Aww, thanks. I was super excited over those outfits. Little did I know how much attention they would get us! ;)

WOW!!! What an amazing experience! I teared up just reading about it!! That is so magical! :love:pixiedust:

I still tear up when I think about it! It was definitely a "pinch me, I must be dreaming" moment!

What an awesome birthday! Kitchen Sink would be any kid's idea of a perfect birthday treat!

We've never made it to Characterpalooza, but one of these days I AM going to! Seems like a fun way to meet some characters!

What a fantastic morning at AK! SO COOL! I am beyond happy for you!

It was such a fun birthday day. We are going to be celebrating Jorie & Donovan's birthdays on our next trip and I'm already trying to think of things to do. Bronwyn's is definitely going to be hard to top.

Wow, that is amazing! Your outfits fit right in with the whole show, no wonder why they wanted to have a special meet with you!

It was amazing! And it was pretty neat to see how excited the performers got over the outfits. Bronwyn's Simba dress had a tail down the back (which I don't have any pics of) and Jorie's bow had a neat Hakuna Matata infinity symbol on it that the girls were just gushing over. So cool!

Are you kidding!!! Special met and greet with the cast of the show...That is so AMAZING!! I thought being picked up for the show was magical enough, but you got the private meet and greet! :yay: Your family outfits are my favorite so far, and it is obvious they could tell your love for Disney and Lion King from the outfit. :lovestruc

Having the girls picked for the show was magical and just that alone would have made my day! It still amazes me when I think about how lucky we were. :simba:

I'll probably say it every update, but I am still in awe of your outfit theming.

Haha, 61 degrees sounds pretty good to me.

I love the new FotLK theatre. It just feels like where its supposed to be now and really does fit in perfectly.

Aw YAY that is so awesome your girls got in the parade. Given their outfits I'm not terribly surprised, but still, all of them getting picked is fantastic.

OH MY GAWD!!! That is like the coolest thing ever. I didn't even know they did that. I would have been freaking out too to meet the cast of that show like that. II need to get on making some Lion King themed clothes. Wow.

It's funny how cold 61 degrees felt that day! I think about that now and would love for it to be that warm. We hit 50 degrees a couple days ago and even that felt warm after the cold Winter that we've had here.

It was the coolest thing ever and I was definitely starstruck!

wow that must have been amazing loving all your outfits cant wait to hear more.

:thanks:

Cute dis-name and I Love your avatar!

I LOVE her birthday dress! So amazing! Love the kitchen sink too. It is so much fun!
Your character palooza experience looks great. I love how so many of the characters are down on the ground with the kids.
It looks like you had great seats for Fantasmic!
Simba waffles! I have never seen those before. How fun.
Your whole Lion king theme with everyone's clothes is so cute. The outfits are amazing.
And SO cool that the girls got to go out and be part of teh show and then you all got to meet the cast. So much magic!!!

We did have a great character palooza experience. You're right, so many of the characters were down on the kids level, which is SO nice. It was such a quality meet, where is wasn't crowded and we didn't feel rushed.

Front row seats! Definitely fun if you don't mind getting hit with the mist.

Nothing beats a classic Mickey waffle but I loved those Simba waffles too... especially since they matched our outfits. :simba: I still can't get over our FOTLK magic!

A FOTLK MEET AND GREET!!!!! WOW!!!! Amazing pictures and I am so glad that you got this magical experience :) :)

I am SOO Glad I found your 2nd trip report. I remember reading your first one right before our trip to Disney last November and it gave me so many ideas for customs for my daughter and which restaurants to go to! Reading this one is making me want to plan our next trip. And can I just buy all of your daughters clothes for my daughter..seriously they are the best dressed!

:welcome:back! Glad to have you here for our second trip! Aww that makes me so happy to hear. I know that customs aren't everyone's "thing" but it's so nice to hear that I've help to inspire someone. The customs definitely help to make our trips a little extra magical.

Well, now I'm all misty. I can't believe y'all got to meet the FOTLK cast! That is so great - and good for you for keeping it together during the meet and greet.

I barely kept it together! haha I was on the verge of tears the whole time!

Wow! I'm not surprised the pixie dust headed your way - the Lion King outfits are beyond amazing - they just totally look part of the show. They obviously recognised the effort you'd put in and decided you earned a little something special - soooooo cool! :goodvibes

Really looking forward to the next instalment :thumbsup2

Aww, thank you. It was such an awesome surprise! pixiedust:

You have such a beautiful family. Love reading your report!!

:thanks:

All caught up! I am always in awe of your outfit theming!

That meet and greet? Wow. I've never heard of that before! What a very special memory!! <3

It's such a special memory and I will be forever grateful for such an amazing opportunity. :sunny:

Love, love, love your AK outfits! That's so great about the meet and greet! I'm getting teary eyed just reading about it!!

When I last left off we were having the BEST. MORNING. EVER!!!

With all of the excitement of the FOTLK meet & greet, I had almost forgotten that I had made a FP+ for Its Tough to be a Bug. We trekked our way to Discovery Island and made it just in time.

With our Bug Eyes on we entered the theater and scored another front row seat. Although I’m not sure this is such a good thing here. It felt like we were too close and some of the effects of the show were hard to see. But we definitely all enjoyed the show.

Then we headed to Asia for our next fastpass.

Jorie and I had a 11:55-12:55 FP+ for Expedition Everest. Jorie had been dreaming about this moment since our last trip when she was too short to ride. She could hardly contain her excitement.

As we walked toward EE, I’d been watching so I could grab a pic when the coaster went down the mountain. Well it seemed like an awfully long time for none to go by…. Uh oh this was NOT a good sign. And as we got closer we realized that a train was stopped on the track halfway up the mountain and everyone in line was leaving the ride. The poor look on Jorie’s face when she realized that she wasn't going to get to ride!

We were told that we’d be able to use our FP+ anytime that day once the ride started up again. (IF the ride started up again….. eeek! I didn’t think I could take another year+ of Jorie whining about not getting to ride EE! So I crossed my fingers…. and my toes too, that we’d make it on it before our time in the park was over.)

Our next FP+ timeframe wasn’t until 12:45-1:45, so we decided to grab some lunch in the meantime. We really enjoyed Flametree BBQ last time, so our plan had been to eat there again. But we all agreed that we weren’t really all that hungry and we had an early-ish dinner ADR. So we decided to grab something small at the first place we saw…. which was Restaurantosaurus.

Joe and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich to share and we got corn dog nuggets and a burger for the kids. The kids meals included grapes, carrot sticks and a choice of drink. I loved that they were served in a sand pail w/shovel. Too cute.

We headed to the back of the restaurant hoping to grab a seat in the Airstream but they were taken. Maybe next time!

Loved the décor in here. The props throughout the restaurant were really fun to look at. Our meals weren’t remarkable, just your standard decent counter-service food. Definitely a great stop for a quick bite to eat though.

We then continued through Dinoland to DINOSAUR!!!

Donovan, Isla and Joe had a 12:45-1:45 FP+. Yes, I did play the system a little here only making a FP for them, knowing that Jorie and I would be able to ride using our rider switch pass. Hey if I can use it as a perk of having a little one along who isn’t tall enough to ride, then I’ll take it! I’m really hoping that Bronwyn is 40” by our next trip so that we can actually ride as a family instead of having to split up each time.

Anyway, we made sure to get our rider switch pass, and then those three were off in search of the Iguanadon. It was Joe & Isla’s first time since they hadn’t gone on it last trip, so I was anxious to hear what they thought of it.

While we waited, I took Jorie and Bronwyn over to Triceratops Spin.

While in line a nice lady asked me to take a photo of her and her family. Then she offered to return the favor by taking a photo of me and my family (including the man and his daughter who were in line behind us) The man quickly added that “her husband probably wouldn’t like that.” Whoops! Hahaha We all had a good laugh.

Then it was our turn to fly!

Jorie took the front.

And I sat in the back with Bronwyn who refused to smile for the camera.

After our spin we headed back to Dinosaur and were surprised to see that they were already finished and waiting for us.

I knew that Joe would like the theming of the ride but I wasn’t sure how he’d do with all of the bumps … turns out he loved it and didn’t get sick from it! Yay!!! And for Isla? Well she wanted to ride it again!

So I took Isla and Jorie and we went in the FP+ side using our rider switch. Not thinking, I had handed Joe my camera and my phone, so I didn’t have anything to take pics with, gahhhhh!! Oh well… at least we’d have our ride photo… or would we?

Our prehistoric ride on the Time Rover was fantastic and for some reason it seemed even scarier than the first time! I definitely let out a couple screams and I couldn’t wait to see our expressions on the ride photo. Well as we walked out to check out our photo on the screens, they were blank! Huh? A CM was there explaining that the camera wasn’t working that day so there weren’t any ride photos. WHAT?! First EE was down and now no Dinosaur ride photos, Boooo!!!! I guess we’ll never know for sure what our faces looked like…. I can only imagine something like this:

NEXT

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter