Bibbidi-Bobbidi-DEUX our own kind of marathon ~ A Nov '14 TR ~ Updated 11/2 ~ THE END

Following along. I too love those outfits! You are so creative. Did you make your autograph book or buy it?

Cute cute cute dresses! Oh how I wished the terrible twos ended at the 3rd bday. We are going into terrorist threes as we speak so I feel your pain!

The Star Wars outfits!!! :lovestruc AND the Christmas outfits! Ah I'm in love! Such cute pictures of them Jedi Training! I wish I could do that!!! Also adorable pictures with Goofy! That Cape May food looks sooo good! Can't wait to read and see more!

Haha, I am clueless when it comes to Star wars too. But I am amazed to see you got some cute Star Wars outfits! Oh, that Stitch on the dress!!! Love!:love:

I saw a little bit of the Jedi training when we were eating at the cafe across. To be honest I was not impressed... Having no interest on Star Wars or our kid not in it might have something to do with it, but I did not hear jokes and it seemed boring. Your report sound much better than what we saw. ::yes::

When we were there end of October the place had the Christmas lights setup, but they were of course not lit and it was so dark at night. But we saw how many lights there were there and could tell it was going to be beautiful. And the Goofy Santa and kids...how adorable!!

Yay for Jedi Training! I'm so glad the kids had such a blast battling Darth Vader. But bummer you couldn't figure out a way to get a ride in on Star Tours that day too, especially while they were so excited about Star Wars.

Great family photos leaving the park!

Yum, that dinner plate looks delicious. We have never thought to eat there but we love seafood. May have to look at making our way over there soon.

Osborne Lights! My favorite part of Christmas at Disney! That picture of all 4 kids hugging Santa Goofy is the cutest.

I love Donovan's jedi Mickey shirt!

Ya'll look great in your Star Wars garb!

I love the decorations in Cape May too! The folded up umbrella colors are so pretty!

The Boardwalk is so pretty all lit up at night!

Oh my goodness- those Santa Goofy pictures would make the cutest holiday cards!

Joining in! I love your trip report so far. All of your coordinating clothes are so cute. Love your christmas themed clothes! I usually do one coordinating family shirt for each day with my family, I am getting so many cute ideas from your report. Can't wait to read more.

Joining in! I'm really enjoying your TR so far. The outfits are absolutely amazing, I am in awe of your talent. :worship: And the fact that you got your whole family to make 4 costume changes in a Disney park. Amazing! I'm lucky if I can get mine to remember underwear. :lmao:

Thank you for sharing all the pics of Jedi training. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to most during our upcoming trip. My boys saw the pictures and they are so excited. :woohoo:

Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Jedi Training is one of the cutest things I've seen in Disney and the kids look like they had a blast fighting Vader! (I'm Star Wars clueless too). That magic shot of them with Stitch is adorable! The Osborne lights are something I'd love to see someday and your pictures are so gorgeous. I love their holiday outfits. The kids are so cute with Santa Goofy too! :goodvibes

Always love your TRs! I remember reading the last one before my last trip so this one is gearing me up for our May adventure!

Loved all the coordinated outfits!

Lissette

Hi Rachel! I spent the morning getting all caught up!

As usual your kids are gorgeous! Love all of their outfits!

There's so much to comment on-I'm sure to forget things. We're excited to try GG for the first time this summer, and maybe Jedi Training too! I can't believe that the CM didn't offer a second ride on TSMM! I would have been very disappointed as well.

LOVE that picture with Santa Goofy! What a great family shot!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip!

Following along. I too love those outfits! You are so creative. Did you make your autograph book or buy it?

:welcome:Thanks for following along! I did make our autograph book using DISboards. There's a whole autograph book thread under the Creative DISigns section that has a ton of great info. I borrowed some of the 8x8 images and printed the book through Shutterfly. So easy and it turned out really cute.

Cute cute cute dresses! Oh how I wished the terrible twos ended at the 3rd bday. We are going into terrorist threes as we speak so I feel your pain!

I totally think that threes are worst than twos. :crazy2: I had been hoping that Bronwyn would be different but no such luck! haha

The Star Wars outfits!!! :lovestruc AND the Christmas outfits! Ah I'm in love! Such cute pictures of them Jedi Training! I wish I could do that!!! Also adorable pictures with Goofy! That Cape May food looks sooo good! Can't wait to read and see more!

:thanks:

Haha, I am clueless when it comes to Star wars too. But I am amazed to see you got some cute Star Wars outfits! Oh, that Stitch on the dress!!! Love!:love:

I saw a little bit of the Jedi training when we were eating at the cafe across. To be honest I was not impressed... Having no interest on Star Wars or our kid not in it might have something to do with it, but I did not hear jokes and it seemed boring. Your report sound much better than what we saw. ::yes::

When we were there end of October the place had the Christmas lights setup, but they were of course not lit and it was so dark at night. But we saw how many lights there were there and could tell it was going to be beautiful. And the Goofy Santa and kids...how adorable!!

I couldn't pass up those dresses- the Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters, they were too darn cute.. Jedi Training was fun to watch but I'm sure that was because we were watching our kids up on stage. :yoda:

The amount of lights that they had set up was unbelievable. Seeing them was such a fun way to get into the holiday spirit, even if it was only the beginning of November. Ha :santa:

Yay for Jedi Training! I'm so glad the kids had such a blast battling Darth Vader. But bummer you couldn't figure out a way to get a ride in on Star Tours that day too, especially while they were so excited about Star Wars.

Great family photos leaving the park!

Yum, that dinner plate looks delicious. We have never thought to eat there but we love seafood. May have to look at making our way over there soon.

Osborne Lights! My favorite part of Christmas at Disney! That picture of all 4 kids hugging Santa Goofy is the cutest.

It was definitely a bummer that we couldn't fit in a ride on Star Tours but *spoiler alert* we do ride it in the next update. :darth:
Oooh yes, if you guys love seafood, then you definitely need to try Cape May. I literally could have stayed there all night eating crab legs & shrimp! But I guess the Osborne Lights was a pretty good reason to have to leave!

I love Donovan's jedi Mickey shirt!

Ya'll look great in your Star Wars garb!

I love the decorations in Cape May too! The folded up umbrella colors are so pretty!

The Boardwalk is so pretty all lit up at night!

Oh my goodness- those Santa Goofy pictures would make the cutest holiday cards!

We actually did use those Santa Goofy pictures in our Christmas cards! :goofy:

Joining in! I love your trip report so far. All of your coordinating clothes are so cute. Love your christmas themed clothes! I usually do one coordinating family shirt for each day with my family, I am getting so many cute ideas from your report. Can't wait to read more.
:welcome: Glad that I've given you some ideas - customs can be so much fun!

Joining in! I'm really enjoying your TR so far. The outfits are absolutely amazing, I am in awe of your talent. :worship: And the fact that you got your whole family to make 4 costume changes in a Disney park. Amazing! I'm lucky if I can get mine to remember underwear. :lmao:

Thank you for sharing all the pics of Jedi training. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to most during our upcoming trip. My boys saw the pictures and they are so excited. :woohoo:

Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes
:welcome: Glad that you joined in!

Donovan had seen a Youtube video of Jedi training before our trip and it was one of the things he was most looking forward to as well. Definitely make sure you arrive to HS well before park opening so that your boys get a spot.... oh and they have to be there when you're signing up. I hope they love it as much as my kids did!

Jedi Training is one of the cutest things I've seen in Disney and the kids look like they had a blast fighting Vader! (I'm Star Wars clueless too). That magic shot of them with Stitch is adorable! The Osborne lights are something I'd love to see someday and your pictures are so gorgeous. I love their holiday outfits. The kids are so cute with Santa Goofy too! :goodvibes

Loved the report on Jedi Training! :) And the Star Wars outfits are awesome.

:thanks:

Coming aboard your TR. Your outfits are so cute. I love them!!!

:welcome: Happy to have you here!

Always love your TRs! I remember reading the last one before my last trip so this one is gearing me up for our May adventure!

Loved all the coordinated outfits!

Lissette

:welcome: Yay, well I'm glad that you're back for this TR! Thanks for joining in!

Oh man! Those outfits! Seriously the cutest. Love the update.

Thank you! :love:

Hi Rachel! I spent the morning getting all caught up!

As usual your kids are gorgeous! Love all of their outfits!

There's so much to comment on-I'm sure to forget things. We're excited to try GG for the first time this summer, and maybe Jedi Training too! I can't believe that the CM didn't offer a second ride on TSMM! I would have been very disappointed as well.

LOVE that picture with Santa Goofy! What a great family shot!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip!

Yay Shannon, happy to have you on board! :sail:

GG was a nice surprise for us. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did. Ooooh and the girls should definitely do Jedi Training.... I knew Donovan would love it but even Jorie still talks about it.

This is my first time joining in! Can't wait to keep reading!

:welcome: Thanks for following along! There will be another update for you to read soon.

OK so bear with me while I try to figure out this new set up...

Day 3
Saturday November 8th

Just like the other days, we had another full day planned so we were all up bright and early. But this day wasn't like the other days, this day was special ....special because it was Bronwyn's 3rd birthday!!
When we woke her up and wished her a Happy Birthday….. she looked at us like, Huh? It’s my birthday? And then when the news set in, she was SO excited. It definitely called for some twirling! YAY!!!!!
twirl.gif

The birthday girl!

We all ate a quick breakfast in the room while we got ready and we were out the door by 8:15ish. This was the morning that we realized that we didn’t have to walk all the way to the lobby to get to the bus stop… we could take the Zazu Elevator down to the parking garage and cut across to the bus stop. Definitely saved us some steps!

We didn’t wait long….we actually had very good luck every morning with the busses ~ the bus stop was never crowded and we never waited longer than 15 minutes for a bus to arrive. And I loved the monitors that tell you what time your bus is going to arrive.... we found them to be pretty accurate.

Soon we were on our way!

Any guesses where we were heading?

So remember yesterday when we didn’t get to ride Star Tours?.... well I remembered because Donovan was not letting me forget it. He knew we were heading back to Hollywood Studios and that’s all he was talking about. Now this is my son who cowers at the thought of riding a roller coaster, hates anything that goes “too fast”, is scared of the dark, and gets sick on anything that spins. :sick: BUUUUUT… he had convinced himself that he could ride Star Tours. LOL So I had given him some Children’s Dramamine along with his breakfast…. Joe got a dose too (but the adult version) and we decided that would be where we headed right at rope drop…. we figured that we would all be able to get a ride in before our first FP+ time expired (it was good from 9:25-10:25)

We got to HS and were having our PP pics taken by 8:47, whoo hoo! Once inside the park we headed right for Star Tours… and you know what we noticed? There was absolutely NO LINE for Jedi Training, actually there was hardly anyone around? Where was everyone? (maybe at TSMM?)

We grabbed a Rider Switch pass which we probably didn’t even need since we walked right on. Joe stayed back with the birthday girl and went off in search of some caffeine while I took the other three along with me.

Getting ready to explore a galaxy far far away!

I can’t tell you where we went or who we saw but I will say that I was shocked when a picture of Jorie flashed across the screen. Jorie was chosen as the rebel spy….. holy cow, Jorie was the REBEL SPY!!!! Eeeek! Not that I know what that even means, but it sounds really cool LOL And she was super excited!

So what did they all think? Jorie LOVED it (of course!) and actually Donovan did too! So much so that he wanted to ride it again! I was floored. I was convinced that it would put him out of commission for the rest of the day! :faint: Haha And Isla said it was just “OK” and that she didn’t want to ride it again. So that worked out perfectly. Joe took Donovan and Jorie along with him and I hung out with Isla & Bronwyn by this thing…

haha, I do happen to know it’s a speeder bike…. but only from reading other TRs!

Before we knew it, the others were finished with their ride (apparently they had encountered Darth Vader!) and it was time to use our first FP of the day.

I was hoping to have better luck today!

This day was not only Bronwyn’s birthday but the day that Jorie became “7” for the rest of the trip. This way she would be able to ride with Donovan and Joe & I were right there anyway. We always had them ride in between us so that we could keep an eye on them.

My riding partner this time was Isla and thankfully we got Wheezy instead of Jessie this time! If the Jessie car had pulled up I probably would have refused to get in it, haha! I wasn't going to take any chance of not having a working gun.

My gun worked and WOW, my score improved 125,000 points from the day before!

And this was Joe and Bronwyn's scores (I'm sure you can guess whos is whos)

I love that Bronwyn had 1% accuracy! lol

NEXT

Last edited:
Then we headed to the Backlot to meet Mike and Sulley! This would be our first time meeting them and I had been looking forward to it all morning. There was a bit of a line but checking out the fun theming of the queue helped to pass the time.

After about a 20 minute wait, it was our turn to meet the monstrously fun pair.

Bronwyn was telling everyone “I’m three today!” (But was still holding up two fingers. Lol)

Sulley spotted my shirt and came over for a hug. It’s a horrible picture but you can see I was a little excited! haha

There was the PP photographer plus 2 CMs there that were making a huge fuss over us and commenting on how perfect the picture was.....Ummm, did no one notice that Donovan was completely blocking Mike?! I am so bummed that no one moved him over. Boo!

It was about 10:30 when we were leaving and since we were right in the area, we lined up for the 11:00 showing of Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show.

The show was really awesome!! Since it was our first time seeing it, we were really amazed at the fast car chases & stunts. All of the fire and explosions really kept the kids entertained.

After the show we were feeling hungry so we grabbed a bite to eat at Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner.

We ordered a Roasted Pork Shank, an Italian Sausage sandwich with Peppers and Onions and a Frankfurter in a pretzel roll to share between the 6 of us. Each were served with chips and we had brought drinks & some apple slices along with us. No complaints from anyone.... we ate every last bite.

NEXT

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter