• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-DEUX our own kind of marathon ~ A Nov '14 TR ~ Updated 11/2 ~ THE END

TruLovesKiss

Mouseketeer
Bibbidi-Bobbidi-DEUX our own kind of marathon ~ A November '14 Trip Report

"To all who come to this happy place: WELCOME." -Walt Disney

I am so sad that our trip is over but ya know what that means? ...now I get to share it with all of you! Hello friends, both old and new, to my second trip report....it was a trip filled with lots of new adventures plus some old favorites from last trip. So expect to see a ton of pics, some mini-dining reviews, a touch of pixie-dust, oh and of course we can't forget the custom clothes. (Disclaimer: there may be an outfit change or two :rolleyes1)

Let's get this magic started!

I remember reading your last report! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Oh, I am so glad you are doing another!!! Can't wait to see all the custom clothes again!

Details, details…....

Meet the Cast of Characters:

That’s me! I’m your host, Rachel, the Disney nut. I’ve taken quite a liking to planning our Disney trips (pretty much every spare moment that I have) I love choosing where we’ll stay, checking crowd predictors to pick what parks to go to on which day, reading menus & dining reports to decide where to eat, arranging and rearranging FP+s,…. pretty much the average Dis’er right? Well then there is the little tidbit of coordinating our Disney clothes. That has become a BIG part of our trips. I may, or may not have become obsessed. Any trip to Disney is fun but a trip in wonderful customs enhances the magic for us. Kids are only young once, so I’m trying to squeeze in all of the magic that I can, while I can!

Disney Favorites
Movie ~ Frozen, Enchanted
Characters ~ Mickey & Minnie, Chip & Dale, Jiminy Cricket, Tink
Princess ~ Ariel
Villain ~ Ursula
Food ~ Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes
Ride ~ Expedition Everest
Park ~ Magic Kingdom

Joe, my loving DH of 10 years

Not quite the same level of Disney addict as me, but definitely was bitten by the Disney bug on our last trip and was much more excited and involved in the planning this time (Yay!)

Disney Favorites
Movie ~ Wreck It Ralph, Monsters University
Park ~ Epcot, (his smart alec answers were “Tokoyo DisneySea and Disneyland Paris” ...yeah he's never been to either)
Ride ~ Test Track, BTMR
Snack~ Cinnamon Roll from Gaston’s Tavern

Our Kids

Donovan, 8
Funny, Inquisitive, and a tad bit Whiny

Disney Favorites
Movie ~ he claims Big Hero 6 (which he has yet to see, he must take after Joe) and Frozen
Park ~ HS & Epcot
Ride ~ Star Tours, Pirates of the Caribbean
Characters ~ Lightning McQueen, Pluto, Donald

Marjorie (nicknamed “Jorie”) 6
Talkative, a bit Bossy, fearless, convinced she IS a Disney Princess

Disney Favorites
Movie ~ Frozen
Park ~ Epcot & MK
Ride ~ Mission Space
Characters ~ Mickey & Minnie, Vanellope

Isla, 5 (pronounced “Eye – La”)
Quirky, Kindhearted, Emotional, Super Girly

Disney Favorites
Movie ~ Frozen
Park ~ Animal Kingdom
Ride ~ Barnstormer, Haunted Mansion
Princess ~ Ariel & Belle
Snack ~ Mickey Pretzel

Bronwyn who celebrated her 3rd birthday on our trip.
Silly, Miss Independent, Full of Energy

Disney Favorites
Princess ~ Sofia the First
Ride ~ “Horsey-ride “ aka Prince Charming Regal Carousel
Movie ~ Frozen

This trip we decided to rent DVC points to utilize the extra space of the 1-bedroom Villas and hopefully save a penny or two over paying Disney Deluxe room rates. For larger families, renting points is hands down the way to go… really the only con is that payment is usually due in full when you book, hence why we had 3 separate room reservations.

So what resort did we book? Well we love the convenience of the monorail, so the plan had been to stay at Bay Lake Tower in a standard view for the whole trip… but when the standard views were not available, we had to go to plan B. A split-stay!

And the resorts are…

November 6-10th at AKV

and

November 10th-14th at Bay Lake Tower ~ Lake View

We chose those dates to be able to experience the Food & Wine Festival, Bronwyn’s birthday, and Osborne lights & MVMCP all in one MAGICAL trip! And MAGICAL it was! I can't wait to share every moment of it with you!

NEXT

I'm enjoying your report already. I have four kids as well so I'm interested to see how renting DVC's saves money. We are going back to AoA in February.

I am now reading your last TR (this is gonna take a while!), and enjoying it! Cannot wait to read your new TR! :cool1:

I have a little princess and we love dressing up. It is so fun to see how you and your girls dress up for the trip!

I'm SO excited to see that you have started!! I kept your last TR on my subscribed list so I would remember to keep checking for when you started your new one. I loved following along with all of the live photos you posted while you were there, so I can't wait to read the stories behind them!!!

I'm subscribed! I just finished reading your last TR (finally!) and I'm excited to read about your latest trip!

Oooooh-- I've been waiting for this one. :)
We were there the week after you. I'm not sure if I'm doing a report or not so for now I'm going to enjoy yours. LOVED the last one!

Looking forward to following along- your kids are adorable!

Aww, thank you, I think so too! :love:

:welcome:

Joining in!
I loved your last trip report! Looking forward to reading about your new adventures!

Yay! I'm so excited that you're following along again! :welcome:

I remember reading your last report! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

:welcome: Glad your here!

Oh, I am so glad you are doing another!!! Can't wait to see all the custom clothes again!

Oh good thing, because this trip was not at all short on the custom clothes. :rotfl2:

I'm enjoying your report already. I have four kids as well so I'm interested to see how renting DVC's saves money. We are going back to AoA in February.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

Price it out, you might be as surprised as I was! You can find a DVC point chart online to get an idea of how many points are needed for the resort that you're interested in. You'll pay about $14/point by using a popular rental company. We did private rentals and actually paid a couple dollars less than that!- so we ended up paying less than half of the listed Disney room rates for the same 1-bedroom villas. We absolutely loved the extra space and amenities.

I am now reading your last TR (this is gonna take a while!), and enjoying it! Cannot wait to read your new TR! :cool1:

I have a little princess and we love dressing up. It is so fun to see how you and your girls dress up for the trip!

:welcome: So glad that you're enjoying my TRs. Dressing for the character, restaurant, ride, etc... is such a huge part of my planning fun!

I'm SO excited to see that you have started!! I kept your last TR on my subscribed list so I would remember to keep checking for when you started your new one. I loved following along with all of the live photos you posted while you were there, so I can't wait to read the stories behind them!!!

Aww, thank you, thank you. That makes me so happy to hear that you're excited for my TR! I can't wait to share all of the stories behind those photos!

:welcome: back!

Love your previous TR and can't wait to follow along here!

:welcome: Happy to have you back for TR #2!

I'm joining in! I loved your last TR!

:welcome: Thanks for following along!

Excited to follow along. I loved your last trip report!

Oooooh-- I've been waiting for this one. :)
We were there the week after you. I'm not sure if I'm doing a report or not so for now I'm going to enjoy yours. LOVED the last one!

Aww, well then I guess I'm glad to be writing this one. :welcome:

The parks were busier that I was expecting after reading all of the crowd predictors for our dates. But we still had an amazing time! How was your week?

Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! I loved your last TR!

:welcome: Super excited to have you back!

Loved your last review. Can't wait to hear about this trip!

Thanks so much!! :welcome:

Following because mainly- at 21 y.o.- I'm jealous of all your daughter's adorable outfit changes! :goodvibes

:rotfl: We're never too old to want to dress up like a princess huh?

Just finished your first trip report. Excited to read this one!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter