Bibbidi-Bobbidi-DEUX our own kind of marathon ~ A Nov '14 TR ~ Updated 11/2 ~ THE END

After the show, Jorie and I split up from the others. We had separate FP+s to use and we agreed to meet at the lockers afterwards.

Where were we headed?

Up Sunset Boulevard toward that creepy building called The Hollywood Tower Hotel!

105 minutes, yikes! Who has time for that?! Thank goodness for our FP+.

Jorie rode TOT with Joe on our last trip (and she claims that it’s her favorite ride!), but it was going to be my first time! Eeek! I love thrill rides but am not a huge fan of drops so I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it or not…. but I was excited to find out!

I’m guessing that the queue for stand-by is better than the FP line. I feel like I missed out on some of the theming that I’ve read about, or maybe I was rushed through too fast by the crowd of people behind us. Either way, hopefully next time I’ll know what to expect (and I’ll be a little calmer) and can take my time and soak up more of my surroundings.

Looks like we’re having a good time!

And what’s better than a ride photo???...... how about a ride VIDEO!!!!

How awesome is that?! I love being able to see Jorie's reaction! That right there by itself was worth the full cost of the Memory Maker!!

Before the ride I was so nervous that I was practically having heart palpitations! Maybe we had an easy drop sequence, but I know that I was expecting it to be much worse than it actually was. I ended up having a lot of fun and it's probably now one of my fav WDW rides!

It was a little sunny!

Meanwhile, Joe and the other kiddos had headed to…..

They all really enjoyed the show. I am NOT a Muppets fan (sorry, don't hate!) so I wasn't upset about missing that one.

And then it looks like then they stopped for some magic shots...

http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/t...4312141936047_7090259214_zpsff249d32.jpg.html

NEXT…. It’s a Birthday Palooza!

Last edited:
This is so cool that your kiddos got to do the Jedi Training. I don't see a lot of that reported strangely. They get some great photos as well.

Hahaha, that's how I justify the Disney food consumption. All the walking... and I have the blisters to prove it.

The Osborne Lights are indeed spectacular. I'm so sad this may be the last year. It just feels wrong. And 20 minutes for Santa Goofy is actually quite good. What an amazing backdrop.

YAY!! Trust me Rachel, being the rebel spy is huge!!!! It's right up there with being "That Guy"!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: OMG, I am DYING over here at the picture with Donovan blocking Mike.

Hmmmm... I think I had that lady you had at Indy at an Little Mermaid show a few years ago. >:(

Wowsers!!!! 105 minute wait. Thank you FP!

I was the same way on my first Tower experience. A lot of anticipation and then not nearly as bad as I imagined.

The Monsters photo cracked me up! It's like how Mike gets covered up in the movies in pictures with Sully. :)

I'm glad you tried and liked ToT!! I was absolutely floored when we got our MM photos and there were videos on there. So neat! Your's is adorable with Jorie's reaction.

Can't wait to keep reading. :)

Hi there! I just caught up on your TR and am really enjoying it so far! Your kids are adorable and so well-dressed.

Looks like Bronwyn's birthday was off to a great start! Looking forward to reading more.

More cute outfits and photos! That's too bad that he was blocking Mike but it still is a great photo with all those coordinating outfits. So cute.
I will have to try ToT someday but I'm kind of scared of it. :)

Looks like you are having a great day at Hollywood Studios! The Jedi Training is so fun. Great pictures of both kids doing that! How nice that you and Jori got to ride TOT together. My son finally convinced me to go on it with him during our last trip and like you I was nervous, but it ended up being so fun. We just back from our trip a couple days ago. We didn't go to Hollywood Studios this time. We only did MK because we went on the Disney Cruise. You pictures have me missing HS.

PS- Love the Monster pic! I think Mike being blocked gives it character!:)

Checking in and definitely enjoying this so far! Reading TRs like yours is what makes me want to learn sewing. All the clothes are so, so neat!

Looking forward to reading more :)

This is so cool that your kiddos got to do the Jedi Training. I don't see a lot of that reported strangely. They get some great photos as well.

Hahaha, that's how I justify the Disney food consumption. All the walking... and I have the blisters to prove it.

The Osborne Lights are indeed spectacular. I'm so sad this may be the last year. It just feels wrong. And 20 minutes for Santa Goofy is actually quite good. What an amazing backdrop.
Donovan & Jorie still talk about Jedi training and how awesome it was! And so nice that they have a PP photographer there... they hand everyone a PP card with all of the photos on it similar to ETWB.

Thanks so all of the walking, I swear I end up losing weight at Disney even though I eat a TON!

YAY!! Trust me Rachel, being the rebel spy is huge!!!! It's right up there with being "That Guy"!

Oh WOW, I had no idea it was that HUGE of a deal! lol :jumping1:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: OMG, I am DYING over here at the picture with Donovan blocking Mike.

Hmmmm... I think I had that lady you had at Indy at an Little Mermaid show a few years ago. >:(

Wowsers!!!! 105 minute wait. Thank you FP!

I was the same way on my first Tower experience. A lot of anticipation and then not nearly as bad as I imagined.

I'm actually really looking forward to riding on TOT again....although I'm not so sure that I can convince Joe to ride it again (for when we go in May :upsidedow).... Looks like I may to to wait until we go back again as a family.

The Monsters photo cracked me up! It's like how Mike gets covered up in the movies in pictures with Sully. :)

You're right! I can't believe that I didn't think of that!!

I'm glad you tried and liked ToT!! I was absolutely floored when we got our MM photos and there were videos on there. So neat! Your's is adorable with Jorie's reaction.

Can't wait to keep reading. :)

The ride videos were definitely a fun addition to MM!

I love reading your trip reports! I cannot wait for more!

:thanks:

Hi there! I just caught up on your TR and am really enjoying it so far! Your kids are adorable and so well-dressed.

Looks like Bronwyn's birthday was off to a great start! Looking forward to reading more.

Wow so glad to read your response I am already nervous about Tower of Terror...

It really was not as bad as I was expecting it to be :thumbsup2

Another great trip report. Happy birthday to Bronwyn (and Jorie :)).

:goodvibes

More cute outfits and photos! That's too bad that he was blocking Mike but it still is a great photo with all those coordinating outfits. So cute.
I will have to try ToT someday but I'm kind of scared of it. :)

You definitely should give TOT a try someday!

I am thinking that Monsters photos is intentional. I mean, Doesn't Mike always get blocked for photos??? :)

Oh, they have Sebastian magic shot! I wish I knew!!!

Yes, I'm convinced now that they had Donovan blocking Mike on purpose! And now I find it hilarious! :lmao:

Looks like you are having a great day at Hollywood Studios! The Jedi Training is so fun. Great pictures of both kids doing that! How nice that you and Jori got to ride TOT together. My son finally convinced me to go on it with him during our last trip and like you I was nervous, but it ended up being so fun. We just back from our trip a couple days ago. We didn't go to Hollywood Studios this time. We only did MK because we went on the Disney Cruise. You pictures have me missing HS.

PS- Love the Monster pic! I think Mike being blocked gives it character!:)

MK would be my choice too if we only had one or a couple park days. But we definitely had a fun time at HS... and even after spending two full days there, there was still things that we didn't fit in (some that we had done on last trip VOTLM and Beauty & the Beast show and some that we have never done meeting Lightning & Mater & the Animation Academy)

Checking in and definitely enjoying this so far! Reading TRs like yours is what makes me want to learn sewing. All the clothes are so, so neat!

Looking forward to reading more :)

:thanks: The custom clothes are definitely a lot of fun!

Following along! LOVE all of the kids outfits, especially the Star Wars ones! My DS6 just got into Star Wars. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

Count me in on this trip! I just finished your last trip report, your family is adorable. Love the outfits!
Our next trip isn't until Dec2017, so reading trip reports help speed up the waiting time! Can not wait to see what happens on this trip, thank you for taking the time to write this!

Wow how did I get so behind?!

Cape May Cafe sounds so yummy, I definitely want to try it one day.

Love your festive outfits for the lights!

The Rebel Spy?! What an honor!!

Cute pics with Mike & Sully!

105 mins for ToT, wow that's bad. Good thing you had that FP! I'm glad you enjoyed it too!!

Omg how can you hate the Muppets?! I can't finish this trip report now... Jk jk

Love the Monsters Inc costumes!

Lissette

Following along! LOVE all of the kids outfits, especially the Star Wars ones! My DS6 just got into Star Wars. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

Count me in on this trip! I just finished your last trip report, your family is adorable. Love the outfits!
Our next trip isn't until Dec2017, so reading trip reports help speed up the waiting time! Can not wait to see what happens on this trip, thank you for taking the time to write this!

:welcome: Reading TRs is one of my favorite pastimes too especially when I'm missing Disney.... which is oh usually everyday. ;) Thanks for following along!

Wow how did I get so behind?!

Cape May Cafe sounds so yummy, I definitely want to try it one day.

Love your festive outfits for the lights!

The Rebel Spy?! What an honor!!

Cute pics with Mike & Sully!

105 mins for ToT, wow that's bad. Good thing you had that FP! I'm glad you enjoyed it too!!

We'll definitely be back to Cape May Cafe... it was yummy for sure!
Yeah 105 min wait for TOT was crazy!!!

Omg how can you hate the Muppets?! I can't finish this trip report now... Jk jk

Love the Monsters Inc costumes!

Lissette

Not hate... just strong dislike. I know, I know o_O..... I want to like them and I've really tried to like them....but just can't seem to find any Muppets love here. :sad2:

Since this is a birthday post anyway, here’s a quick Real Life Update to show off how we celebrated Jorie’s 7th Birthday ~ Mad Tea Party style!

Can’t believe my sweet Valentine-baby is 7! My how time flies! :bday:

And now back to our regularly scheduled TR…. (just be prepared for LOTS of Bronwyn photos in this update!) When I last left off, it was around 1:30pm when Jorie and I had finished riding TOT and the others had used their FP+ at Muppets 3D. We were due to meet at the lockers to start the birthday celebration! :cake:

When we had decided that our trip would be during Bronwyn’s birthday, I knew right away where I wanted to make an ADR for …. Beaches and Cream!

After meeting back up, and a quick outfit change, we headed out the front of the park and…. this time there was actually a boat at the dock. We got all excited until we started walking toward it and yup…. you guessed it…. it started pulling away! Geez Louise, our Friendship Boat karma stinks! Ah well, we could have waited for the next one but instead we decided to walk the path.

On the walk over there were these random pallets in the grass that were piled high with “stuff.” I had noticed them the day before when we walked the path. I thought it was quite odd and was trying to figure out what they were since I couldn’t tell because they were wrapped in plastic wrap. Then we came up to a stack of folding chairs and that’s when it hit me. It was Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend. They must be getting ready for the race. I thought about my sore feet and tired legs and that’s when I said to Joe…. “Don’t you feel like our Disney trips are like a running half marathon?” His response was “No. More like a Marathon.” Annnnd that’s where my TR title came from “….our own kind of Marathon” Utterly exhausting but completely rewarding. Lol

We arrived at Beach Club and asked for directions to the restaurant. We walked around Cape May Café, passing the table that we had just eaten at the night before, went out a door and found it right behind Stormalong Bay.

We were soon being brought inside and to our booth. I was really surprised to see how small the restaurant was. The old fashioned soda shop feel of the restaurant was really fun.

Our waitress handed us menus, but there was no need to look at them, we already knew what we wanted to order…. We’ll have The Kitchen Sink please!

Before we knew it, the strobe lights were being turned on and our waitress was bringing out our…. “World Famous Kitchen Sink with 8 scoops of ice cream, every topping in the house and a whole can of whipped cream.” A WHOLE CAN? Yes, a whole can!!!

Bronwyn was ready to dig in!

Yum!

The kids absolutely LOVED this ginormous sundae! We managed to make a pretty good dent in it and were on our way to finishing the whole thing but we weren’t quite fast enough and by the end it started to get pretty soupy & gross as it melted together. It was definitely a fun (and yummy!) thing to do as a family. Two thumbs way up!

When we finished up, we made our way to the Yacht Club boat dock.

The boat that arrived looked to be pretty full. We figured that our bad luck had struck again since there were a few families waiting in front of us…. but it just so happened that they all had someone with them on a ECV and the boat was unable to fit any more scooters on it, so lucky for us we were able to get on! It was packed full and was standing room only. A nice lady scooted over and offered me a seat next to her since I had Bronwyn. Although after about a minute, Bronwyn refused to sit on my lap and wanted to stand with Joe who was handling both of our strollers. This had become a common theme with her wanting to stand with Joe on the buses and me having to wrestle her to stay sitting on my lap. And then her throwing a fit about having to sit. Grrr.

Yup, life with a three-year-old definitely wasn’t any easier than life with a two-year-old. hahaha:rotfl2:

NEXT

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter