best and worse meal of your last trip to WDW?

Best: Shulas. Akershus (they got a new chef so it’s now at the top). 1900 Parkfare

Worst: chef mickeys. My husband however disagrees with this, but I believe he had to many drinks while we were waiting for our table.

I may have to update soon as my husband and I have reservations at Victoria and Alberts in June.

Best Overall: Jiko - wild boar app, elk loin, lamb shank best things we've ever eaten
Best Steak: (needs its own category!) Yachtsman - porterhouse for 2
Best Burger: Raglan Road - wild boar burger is a hit every time

Worst Overall: (really not bad at all but not great) tie between Mama Melrose and Boathouse - ordered strip steaks at both and they were just all right

Last edited:
Just got back....

Best....Jiko. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it might have been a top 3 meal of my entire LIFE.
Worst....Casey's Corner. If you're gonna do something at Disney as simple as hot dogs/chili dogs/fries, you should do them very well. And this place doesn't. It's not unreasonable to expect it to at least be served hot.

Best - Tokyo Dining. Everything was fresh and delicious, the service was amazing, and we got to watch Illuminations from our table.
Worst - Hollywood & Vine. To be fair, it was during the first year of Minnie's Holiday Dine, so I think they were still working out the bugs. The character interactions were great, though, and the food was not bad, but we were slow to be seated and then the service was slow as well. I think everything else we had that trip was so good that this maybe seems rather worse in comparison.

Best was Sci Fi, I had the steak.
Worst was Skippers Canteen. The food just was not good, didn't even eat all of it and that is not normal for me lol.

Best meal - My wife and I went to Morimoto, and I had the ribs, which were phenomenal
Worst - we haven't had a bad meal, my least favorite in a trip we had a few years ago was Fairfax faire, it was just bland

Best is a tie between Tusker House lunch and dinner at Raglan Road.

Worst is actually harder, because nothing was terrible. But the falafel I got at the Mara in AKL was dry and didn't have much flavor -- so I will go with that.

best - cinderella's royal table for lunch - the chef prepared special food for us that was unbelievably good!! the service was outstanding and the princesses were adorable...

worst - dinner at 1900 park fare and lunch at crystal palace tied for the worst.....horrifyingly bad service at both....i wouldn't go back to either if they paid me to eat there... we ate at all the character buffets - if you're looking for a good character buffet experience try tusker house (with great service and good food)

May 2017
Best was Jiko -- Husband said it was top 10 meals of his entire life
Didn't really have a bad meal, but I guess worst was Kona Cafe , didn't really like the open air vibe to the lobby, felt like eating in an airport. Food was good though.

Just for fun - what meal did you enjoy most and least during your last trip, or if you are lucky to live near and visit all the time - last 12 months?

Best: Akershus. The buffet was awesome & the braised pork was melt in your mouth good. On our list for our next trip!
Worst: Tusker House. Aside from the shrimp curry, the food was really bland, cold, and boring. No desire to return there.

February 2018

It's amazing how so many people can have such very different experiences!

Best: It's really hard to choose -Biergarten, Rose &Crown, Skipper Canteen, and Tony's (yes, Tony's!) were all fantastic

Worst: while I,personally, enjoyed my meal, it has to be Raglan Road - my daughter's mac n cheese literally smelled, and tasted like peanut butter, it was absolutely disgusting!

We also had very good TS meals at Yak & Yeti and Sci-Fi. CS meals were at Cantina de San Angel (yum!), Satuuli Canteen (fantastic!), Columbia Harbour House (always a favorite), Restaurantasaurus (decent - wildberry lemonade was the best drink of the trip for me), Pinocchio's Village House (very tasty), ABC Comissary (good), and Pepper Market at CSR (honestly didn't care for anything I had there)

Best - BOG dinner. It was a child- focused trip, so mostly character meals.
Worst - Akershus lunch. First time a few years ago the meal was good. This trip the food was terrible.

Best: Via Napoli. This is by far my favorite restaurant at Disney World, we always get great service and delicious food. I definitely recommend it if you've never been before.
Worst: On our last trip, the worst dining experience we had was at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant at Hollywood Studios. The food was sub-par and the service was pretty bad. Overall, it was a disappointing experience, especially since I was looking forward to eating here for the first time.

Last trip was just DH and I with free QSDP.

Best: Satuli Canteen. We loved the bowls. Ate there twice.

Worst: Pizzarizzo. So disappointing!

Best: 1900 Park Fare breakfast (followed closely by Via Napoli)

Worst: Tony's (followed closely by Sci-Fi)

Just back from Star Wars Dark Side race weekend.

Best: Splitsville (slider trio & swiss mushroom burger) vs Biergarten vs Satu’li Canteen (cheeseburger pods, want to go back and try the bowls).

Worst: Hands down Tony’s Town Square. The marinara was terribly salty and the italian sausage was close to burned. We will never go back.

Best: hands down would have to be Sanaa. The bread service and the coffee were out of this world. This will be a must do for future trips.

Worst: unfortunately California Grill....DH’s lamb was over cooked (we sent it back and we never do that) and my bison was meh...although I will say that the atmosphere was lovely and the staff was super friendly and apologetic.

Best: Flying Fish, with Shula's being a very, very close runner up.

Worst: I can't really say any of our restaurants we had really fits a "worst" definition. Maybe most bland or disappointing? In this case it was Be Our Guest.

It was our first time there but we loved the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. The food was delicious.
Some of us didn't care for our meal at BOG dinner. My DH and I had chicken and it was dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter