best and worse meal of your last trip to WDW?

Best: Garden Grill breakfast. Stupendous service, food, atmosphere, and character interaction. 10/10!

Worst: It's an honest tie between Ohana and Skipper's Canteen. Our Ohana server acted like she didn't want to be there/was annoyed to be working. I felt the food was not great for the price paid, except for the outstanding salad and bread pudding. At Skipper's Canteen our server was barely present and he sounded condescending. On the plus side, the food was phenomenal. Both chefs from these restaurants were accommodating and came out to speak to me about my dietary needs. So all in all, just beware of potential hit or miss service at these locations.

Best: Garden Grill breakfast. Stupendous service, food, atmosphere, and character interaction. 10/10!

Worst: It's an honest tie between Ohana and Skipper's Canteen. Our Ohana server acted like she didn't want to be there/was annoyed to be working. I felt the food was not great for the price paid, except for the outstanding salad and bread pudding. At Skipper's Canteen our server was barely present and he sounded condescending. On the plus side, the food was phenomenal. Both chefs from these restaurants were accommodating and came out to speak to me about my dietary needs. So all in all, just beware of potential hit or miss service at these locations.

Especially at 'Ohana, the server you get can make/break the meal. Other places you may not notice a poor server as much, but with the skewers being brought out, this is one place where it really matters....quite a bit.

Especially at 'Ohana, the server you get can make/break the meal. Other places you may not notice a poor server as much, but with the skewers being brought out, this is one place where it really matters....quite a bit.

Actually the other servers who brought our meats were friendly and very present. It was our main waitress who seemed standoffish, annoyed, and like she didn't want to work. I couldn't believe it because Ohana is very popular and I always held Disney CMs to a high standard. Everyone has their bad days, but I just felt it wasn't appropriate. I felt at the very least she could have presented herself in the bare minimum (if that makes sense), but she didn't. The other waiters were enthusiastic and wonderful when I saw them interact with other guests.

Best: Tusker House, hated that we had to wait almost 1hr after ADR but great character interaction and food was flavorful.

Worst: Crystal Palace, we were seated right away but characters were meeting bare minimum, and we were hinted to leave while we were still eating. Food was the most disappointing of all, it was bland and not appealing for our daughter, I guess I was expecting so many cold dishes.

Best: Boma. I'm not a big buffet fan, but Boma is soooo good. And the soups are amazing!

Nine Dragons: We only went because we've never been there before. The food was fine, but nothing special, on par with typical Chinese takeout. I'm used to authentic Cantonese food and this didn't come close.

We just got back last night from a RunDisney Dark Side weekend.
Best: CA Grill Brunch or Morimoto
Worst: Easily and by a mile, Jiko. So disappointing all around. Started with the rude hostess and went downhill from there. Server was fine, but food took FOREVER. It was over a two hour meal without dessert. Other tables around us were seated, served and left before we had our entrees. We love Boma and Sanaa (the other on site table serves) and had a wonderful experience at Tiffins, so we were surprised by how much we didn't like Jiko. Food when it did arrive was meh to fine at best. My ribs were half fat and had a thick sweet sauce on them that made the situation worse. It was our first bad dining experience at WDW so I guess we were due.

Best:Ohana
Worst: I can say we have never left angry from any Disney eat joint. Food was meh at Holywood and vine but the miserable parents we saw there last trip made up for it. Such entertainment

Best: Le Cellier filet with mushroom risotto!! Aranchini from Citricos

Worst: Any of our meals at San Angel Inn. There were 9 of us and they were all awful.

March 2018

Best: Wife and I: Victoria and Albert's - Queen Victoria Room
As a family: The Boathouse (Disney Springs)

V&A, well, it is pricey, but the service and quality can't be beat. We were celebrating our 20th anniversary, so wanted to do something special. Boathouse, we were sat outside. Had some weird weather that night (cold, stormy, windy), but the staff was great and accommodating. Our food was very good as well.

Worst: O'hana dinner
Service was poor (empty drinks often for far too long), apps were decent, entrees cold/tough/dry.

We also did BOG dinner. Almost worse than O'hana, but the food was better. For both O'hana and BOG, our seating was poor. O'hana, we were sat by the kitchen, basically a view of a plain wall. BOG, we were in West Wing (which I think is fine), but we're a party of 5 that they sat at a 4 top butted up against a wall on one side, by the fire exit door. Very cramped. However the food there was better than O'hana. We had such great memories of O'hana, but left so disappointed, and won't be going back.

As I said in another thread on O'hana, they need to be consistently good for the price that pay. It is too much $ to be taking a chance on the quality of the food and service.

Last edited:
Best: SCI-FI Dine in. The place, the staff, the interactions with manager who came up and checked on us, the burgers, the shakes, we had SUCH a good time and experience, and never felt rushed. It was a HOOT!

Worst: Ohana. Breaks my heart. This used to be our GO TO for early breakfast, hop on the monrail, 9:00 AM opeining MK. We arrived at 7:30 AM (open time) with NO welcome or singing from the servers (they ALWAYS did that...one of the reasons we go at 7:30 AM...first tables). We were seated and immeidately COLD breakfast dropped on our table. How the hell was this cold FIRST MEAL OF THE DAY? It was. Our server, which every server at Ohana has always been STELLAR, could have cared less that we were there. Felt rushed and unwanted. Ohana means family? Really? What a dissapointing experience. I will never, ever go back after the terrible meal, unwelcomed atmosphere, and the absolute WORST dining experience we have ever had in ALL of our Disney trips...bar none!

Best: Homecoming hands down for me, many in my party would have said Sanaa

Worst: Pecos Bill during MNSSHP. By the time we ate this was one of the only options open. It was crowded and chaotic, and the toppings bar was a mess. I wouldn't mind giving this one another shot at a different time though.

Best: Jiko (best by far)- the food was outstanding and the service was excellent.

Worst: Dining Experience of the Trip- Magic Kingdom Dessert Party (technically not a meal but by far the worst dining experience during our trip)- The desserts were not good. I was hoping for a few more savory offerings like at other dessert parties. Just wasn't impressed with this party.

Actual Meal- The breakfast buffet the CBR Old Port Royale. The food wasn't bad, it was fine not great but not bad. Typical Disney breakfast buffet food. The experience was very chaotic. The line for food was incredibly long, and we had a difficult time finding a place to sit. If I had it to do again, I would have ordered individual items rather than doing the buffet.

Last edited:
Our last, and first, trip was in 2015. We were on the dining plan so experienced loads on offer, but still not all the ones we wanted.
Best was House of Blues easily - great atmosphere and music and the service was fantastic. Great food and one of the best burgers I have had still.
The worst was probably Hollywood and Vine ( we did as part of the Fantasmic package) - bland barely warm food for the most but the service was still great and a really engaging Cast Member who was very attentive and friendly.

Special mention though to Crystal Palace - we did a character breakfast and the Cast Member was amazing. Very funny throughout and very deserving of the great tip we left for him. Also followed up with a compliment when we got back to the hotel on the evening. Food was good but not the best overall.

May 2017.

Best: rose and crown lunch. Had a scotch egg and fish and chips. it took several trips before I put this on my list to try since the menu didn't seem too interesting, but I was pleasantly surprised. Delicious meal.

Worst: BOG lunch. This was our 3rd or 4th time here and food has gone steadily downhill. I had the quinoa salad and it was a tiny portion and disgusting. The greens tasted so weird I was concerned something might have been wrong with them.

Best - Coral Reef. It was not the best food on our trip - but overall the combination of food & ambiance really impact my family in a positive way. Runner-Up: 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Worst - Old Port Royale. Had several meals here as this is where we stayed. All disappointing based on food quality and/or service.

Best this trip: Raglan Road, Yak and Yeti
and San Angel Inn

Worst this trip: 50s Prime Time

Keep mind we don’t eat at Signature dining venues. Our 11 yr old doesn’t appreciate that kind of food yet, but I’m sure they are awesome and are all on my someday bucket list.

Best this trip: Narcoossee's. Surf and Turf was delicious. The RI Calamari was better than some of the calamari I have had here in RI.

Worst this trip: Ohana. Makes me sad to write that. Service and Food were such a disappointment this trip.

Best from Sept 2016 - Le Cellier. Cheese soup, pretzel bread, NY strip perfectly cooked, maple creme brûlée, and great service. A winner for us every year.

Worst - Tony’s Town Square by a mile. Who needs castor oil to induce vomiting, use Tony’s red sauce instead.

Best: tie between California Grill Brunch and Yachtsman (we had a really bad meal several years ago at YSH, but it redeemed itself x 1000)

Worst: Narcoossee's. Just subpar in every way. We will return but it was a disappointing experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter