Apple products is it just me, or anyone else?

I work in IT. Most IT folks that I know either have an iPhone or an iPod and that's it.

I personally have an iPod classic, but that's it. Everything else is either Android, Windows OS or Linux.

The cheapest way to get a PC is to buy the components yourself and screw them together. It's not as difficult as you might imagine.

A lot of people prefer notebook/laptop computers these days, and there's really no way to build your own. Also - at the bargain end, the cost of building your own computer using components is probably going to be more than the cost of just buying a complete system. The complete system will also come with volume OEM software licenses.

https://lifehacker.com/is-building-a-pc-really-cheaper-than-buying-one-1443171781

In the US a retail copy of Windows 10 Home is $120. My wife bought a cheap refurb Lenovo Thinkpad laptop for about $225. That came complete with a refurb Windows 7 license that I was able to use to reinstall Windows 10 Pro.

A lot of people prefer notebook/laptop computers these days, and there's really no way to build your own. Also - at the bargain end, the cost of building your own computer using components is probably going to be more than the cost of just buying a complete system. The complete system will also come with volume OEM software licenses.

https://lifehacker.com/is-building-a-pc-really-cheaper-than-buying-one-1443171781

In the US a retail copy of Windows 10 Home is $120. My wife bought a cheap refurb Lenovo Thinkpad laptop for about $225. That came complete with a refurb Windows 7 license that I was able to use to reinstall Windows 10 Pro.

Wait, you pay for Windows?! J/K!

It is true, self-build laptops just aren't a reality per se. And of course, they are very desirable (laptops that is). Heck, I don't know what I'd do without mine!

The cheapest way to source components isn't from online retailers, rather from Facebook contacts and, if you're daring, eBay. They should shape up fine :)

Wait, you pay for Windows?! J/K!

It is true, self-build laptops just aren't a reality per se. And of course, they are very desirable (laptops that is). Heck, I don't know what I'd do without mine!

The cheapest way to source components isn't from online retailers, rather from Facebook contacts and, if you're daring, eBay. They should shape up fine :)

In that case, yeah. But it might even be cheaper to just buy a used computer.

I do remember the days when one could go to a local PC shop that built to order cheaper than you'd see from a major manufacturer, but that was over 20 years ago. That kind of died out after most computers started being assembled in Asia. Right now it seems to be the gaming rigs are the ones that are built up because the owners like to customize them with lights and even clear cases. A lot of the stuff built for show (especially heat sinks on memory) is of questionable utility but I guess it looks cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter