2016 Free Dining Watch

Well, sending good vibes to all of you, but no longer need FD, just booked with a great TA deal. As much fun as its been in past years waiting with you all, I got way too many gray hairs from it. Good luck everyone.

Same here. We got a pin code, and with the savings we could afford the dining plan as well and still be under our budget. :)

In hopes of getting free dining in November, what gives me the best shot of getting the offer and a resort that we prefer: Booking with a TA or taking out a Disney visa?

Well, sending good vibes to all of you, but no longer need FD, just booked with a great TA deal. As much fun as its been in past years waiting with you all, I got way too many gray hairs from it. Good luck everyone.

How'd you get a TA deal if you don't mind me asking?

In hopes of getting free dining in November, what gives me the best shot of getting the offer and a resort that we prefer: Booking with a TA or taking out a Disney visa?
Neither may help. I had visa last year and it didn't help at all since it went straight to general public. But IF it does go to visa first, it will help give you first dibs on it. I never use a TA if I want FD because they have so many people to book, or add it to, you never know when they are getting to yours. It released around 4 am last year, and I was on ready to book. I stayed up all night waiting. I would have been a wreck if I knew it dropped at 4 am and my TA was still sleeping. By the time the phone lines opened it was a mess and everything went fast. I know a lot of people who used TA' s that did get it, but I'd prefer to have my fate in my own hands. But that's me- the control freak:rotfl2:

Neither may help. I had visa last year and it didn't help at all since it went straight to general public. But IF it does go to visa first, it will help give you first dibs on it. I never use a TA if I want FD because they have so many people to book, or add it to, you never know when they are getting to yours. It released around 4 am last year, and I was on ready to book. I stayed up all night waiting. I would have been a wreck if I knew it dropped at 4 am and my TA was still sleeping. By the time the phone lines opened it was a mess and everything went fast. I know a lot of people who used TA' s that did get it, but I'd prefer to have my fate in my own hands. But that's me- the control freak:rotfl2:

When/if FD is announced, do tney announce what time it is available to book? And can this be done on line or only over the phone?

Hoping for free dining for our September trip. I've never had the dining plan and we are going no matter if there isn't a discount, so getting free meals would be awesome!

I called and asked if there was a PIN code attached to my name but she said nothing right now. She mentioned that fall deals will come out after the current promotions are done. I asked maybe May or June and she said possibly. No definite answer darn it! Just keeping my fingers crossed!

So as far as NOVEMBER goes after doing some research they NEVER offer free dining the first week in the month during Jersey Week, its always offered second week / mid November...
This year Jersey Week is late running into the last weekend of food & wine as well as veterans day.
Free dining always starts the Sunday AFTER Jersey week, it also ALWAYS ends / is blocked out starting on the Friday BEFORE Thanksgiving. That means it could only be offered the 13th - 17th... what would really be the point in only including 5 days for the middle of November Dining... It would make sense if Disney wouldn't even offer it for the month of November & if they do it might be the first week then exclude the rest of the month.

So as far as NOVEMBER goes after doing some research they NEVER offer free dining the first week in the month during Jersey Week, its always offered second week / mid November...
This year Jersey Week is late running into the last weekend of food & wine as well as veterans day.
Free dining always starts the Sunday AFTER Jersey week, it also ALWAYS ends / is blocked out starting on the Friday BEFORE Thanksgiving. That means it could only be offered the 13th - 17th... what would really be the point in only including 5 days for the middle of November Dining... It would make sense if Disney wouldn't even offer it for the month of November & if they do it might be the first week then exclude the rest of the month.
Something is better than nothing. Plus, as long as you check in on one of those dates you will have free dining for your whole stay.

Something is better than nothing. Plus, as long as you check in on one of those dates you will have free dining for your whole stay.
Yup. Totally agree. You can get the dining plan for up to two weeks if you check in on any day that it is offered. If those five days are valid this year, people taking advantage of it can have free dining over Thanksgiving. Nice. :)

I think Fall free dining will be RIP this year.....no need.
I hate to say it, but this is the first year I started feeling like you were right. That's why I booked with another offer. In the past I've just waited for free dining, but really started to get the feeling like it wasn't going to happen, if it did, I don't think it's going to be as good as the past. We were already starting to think it was bordering on not worth it when there were no standard rooms, and park hopper requirement last year. We had 10 nights so going up to water view (2 rooms) plus hoppers for 6 people, it added almos $600. It still came out a little cheaper than a room discount, but barely. Now this year we are Planning on going over to universal for 2 or 3 days, so FD didn't make sense anyways. But I still tend to think IF there IS FD, I think they will make it even less appealing. We shall see.....I hope for everyone here, it is announced soon, and you all get what you wantpixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter