2016 Free Dining Watch

I'm not so sure. Summer discounts out today are room only and they go until Aug. 25th. The free dining bounceback starts on Aug. 26th. Maybe the 26th will be the beginning?
I hope so! We are looking to book starting August 26th in hopes that it starts then. With 3 little kids who want to dine with every character possible, the dining plan is great for us!

We are also adding US to our 10 days....

Cali grill
cindys
And narcosees Will hurt my wallet.

It released around 4 am last year, and I was on ready to book. I stayed up all night waiting. I would have been a wreck if I knew it dropped at 4 am and my TA was still sleeping.

We don't sleep.:surfweb: Seriously though, some of us are up by 3am :drinking1:hyper:

This is KILLING me. Trying to plan for our dates after our cruise and want to do this. Do you think it's best to just reserve a resort now and transfer to free dining once it's released?

This is KILLING me. Trying to plan for our dates after our cruise and want to do this. Do you think it's best to just reserve a resort now and transfer to free dining once it's released?

Unless you are going no matter what just wait and book when it is released.

You are at no advantage by booking prior to a promotion release.

If rooms continue to be full before Disney releases a promo Disney will have no reason to offer a promo or just make the promo almost not worth it; getting rid of appetizers on the dining plan, making the tip an additional fee and not included, requiring longer amount of ticket days, tiered dining plan based on resort level, requiring parkhoppers......what else is left to require?!

Read an article on dads guide to WDW, and his prediction for free dining this year is 4/25 for Disney Visa card holders and 4/28 for the general public. It's just a prediction at this point but I really hope they go back to the early release for card holders!
Oh I hope he's right! I have a Disney Visa. Getting it all taken care of on the 25th would be nice. We're going to be in Colonial Williamsburg (VA) from April 28-May 3rd. I REALLY don't want to be on a vacation, on hold for hours, trying to book ANOTHER vacation! (first world problems, I know! LOL)

Waiting here too....I went ahead and booked (paid deposit only) assuming the ticket prices and dining would go up, and they did....If we booked today for September our package would be around $3200 so we saved about $200. Hoping-crossing fingers and toes for free dining, but if we can't get it, its ok. I just keep loading up our vacation account with disney gift cards I buy with my Target redcard. We are going the first week of September. At least we get MNSSHP! :genie:

wow this is all such scary stuff. Haven't been to wdw for awhile now but back then it was so darn easy. choice of hotels and free dining not an issue. Doesn't really seem worth it anymore.

Waiting here too....I went ahead and booked (paid deposit only) assuming the ticket prices and dining would go up, and they did....If we booked today for September our package would be around $3200 so we saved about $200. Hoping-crossing fingers and toes for free dining, but if we can't get it, its ok. I just keep loading up our vacation account with disney gift cards I buy with my Target redcard. We are going the first week of September. At least we get MNSSHP! :genie:
We did the same thing at the end of last year. We saved about $280 for our family of 5 over booking now with all the dining and ticket price increases. The resort we want wasn't offered last year for November free dining so we decided just to book and go with or without a discount. I am still crossing my fingers that FD or RD will be offered for POR but if not at least I will be happy we still saved $280.:)

I'm now considering staying off property. I need to try to calculate the costs of each, but I'm thinking even with free dining that I might save more with the lower priced accommodations off property. I wish they'd release the deal soon so I am forced to make a decision!

My November 6th-11th surprise trip for my mother and me depends a lot on free dining to get the places she'll love to eat at. If we don't the TS meals are getting cut way down, but luckily the CS options are still pretty good. And my dates are still somewhat flexible if I need to edit them. Again. Only done it four times so far. :rolleyes:

following for Sept. We are going regardless but if I can upgrade, why not?! :)

This question may have been answered a million times somewhere but if I have a trip booked for sept with Dining and they offer free dining, can I upgrade to deluxe dining? How does that work and will that be effected by limited availability?

Last edited:
This question may have been answered a million times somewhere but if I have a trip booked for sept with Dining and they offer free dining, can I upgrade to deluxe? How does that work and will that be effected by limited availability?

You can if room availability is open to something you can upgrade to. You will lose any other offers you have on your package. You will only receive 1 promotion on the package. And who knows what (if) resorts will be excluded or unavailable.

You can if room availability is open to something you can upgrade to. You will lose any other offers you have on your package. You will only receive 1 promotion on the package. And who knows what (if) resorts will be excluded or unavailable.

Sorry, I meant can I upgrade to deluxe dining plan. (Not upgrade my room)

Sorry, I meant can I upgrade to deluxe dining plan. (Not upgrade my room)

OHHHHH that does clarify things!! I might have read it wrong..:coffee:

Yes you can upgrade but you have to pay the difference per person per night. The DP is not subject to availability.
Ex: Upgrading from QS to Regular DP is a difference of $19.57 per person per night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter