• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

2 questions. Was your room a dedicated 1 bedroom and was it slightly different than a typical 1 bedroom? We stayed directly below by a few floors last year and we had a different sink and the hallway nook was missing. Wondering if it's that way in every one of those rooms.

We also loved stepping out directly into the lobby. Instant Christmas!
Yes, it's a dedicated one bedroom villa. Can't answer your 2nd question as this is my first stay at Copper Creek.

Because the villa is on the 7th floor, there is not the extra long balcony. There are two separate balconies, I guess because of the pop-ups from the roof.

Super excited! In a "make lemonade out of lemons" thing, my Jan and Feb trips got merged into just my Feb trip and I upgraded to a Copper Creek Studio (not walk-in shower).

Any tips for a great room to request?

Super excited! In a "make lemonade out of lemons" thing, my Jan and Feb trips got merged into just my Feb trip and I upgraded to a Copper Creek Studio (not walk-in shower).

Any tips for a great room to request?

Welcome to the CCV group! I'm sure you will love your stay at CCV. In my opinion, The Lodge it is one of the most magical places to stay at WDW. The overall ambience, the little "secret" spots on different floors. It is my all time favorite place to stay.

For room requests, I haven't been able to complete my welcome home stay with CCV yet due to Covid, but I'm sure some others here can give you some good options. Do you like to stay on a high floor, closer to lobby, etc? There are some alternate studios that give you more space than the regular studio, but I couldn't say the best way to try to get one of those as they are limited. Someone else might know the secret ingredient to give you the best opportunity to get one of those. Be sure to spend some extra time exploring the lodge in all its glory. It has a lot to offer to those who are willing to explore.

I hope you enjoy your stay and please let us know if you have any questions or comments! Once your stay is complete, let us know how it went and includes some photos if possible!!

So - today? BOOKED BRV, Nov 2021... TWICE. One for us, one for eldest son.

We snagged TWO 1Brs. No one wants these, as they are generally a poor use of points.

HOWEVER - WDW has miscalculated. Too many DVC owners, with too many banked points, that need to be burned in 2021. We will burn close to 600. Snagged 1 Brs, over studios, rather than let DVC steal points again :). Our family is happy :).

UPDATE: Walked both ressies to 8 nights today. Total success :). All family members reserved, NOV 9-NOV 17, 2021.

No PARK? DVC rules allow us to cancel at 30 days. We also reserved PARKS, using our new unredeemed Gold Passes :). We will be very careful, booking airfare.

Please WDW? Hire BACK staff. No staff? No Money.

Last edited:

Lots of construction today at the lodge. We can hear loud hammering and saws. Scrim up on the second floor.

It looks like even 2br are being walked at the 11 month window. That's not terribly surprising, it's kind of a perfect storm of 50th anniversary, holidays, and lots of unused points, but that does slightly complicate our plans of a 2br next December!

I guess I'm gonna need to keep an eye out and begin a walk when I'm able.

It looks like even 2br are being walked at the 11 month window. That's not terribly surprising, it's kind of a perfect storm of 50th anniversary, holidays, and lots of unused points, but that does slightly complicate our plans of a 2br next December!

I guess I'm gonna need to keep an eye out and begin a walk when I'm able.
Is this for CCV? Lately, everything at CCV is booking up sooner than usual. Blame it on the cabins. Never had a problem at BRV. In fact, this coming April, BRV was way more available, with CCV having scant availability. So glad for my FW!!

For anyone keeping an eye out, Southwest opened dates through Mid August. I wasn't expecting this to happen until next month so hop on and get your flights!

I was lucky enough to get 8 nights at a CCV studio with walk-in shower in less than 3 weeks! We've only stayed on that side once, so I'm super-psyched!
Last time, tho, my back was not so bad and I didn't need grab bars in the shower. Do all of the bathrooms have them or do I have to request an accessible room? I don't need any other features of an HA room except those grab bars.
TIA

I was lucky enough to get 8 nights at a CCV studio with walk-in shower in less than 3 weeks! We've only stayed on that side once, so I'm super-psyched!
Last time, tho, my back was not so bad and I didn't need grab bars in the shower. Do all of the bathrooms have them or do I have to request an accessible room? I don't need any other features of an HA room except those grab bars.
TIA

Just stayed a couple weeks ago in the CCV walk-in shower studio. I don't remember there being grab bars but there was a seat in the back corner of the shower.

TIA

Congrats on grabbing that room! Studios are hard to get at CCV. Enjoy!

RanDIZ - A seat is even better! Thank you so much! I will miss being the most enthusiastic cheerleader for RunDisney participants, but a CCV stay will ease the sting!
Storey13, counting my blessings - I'm an SSR owner, too..lol.. had two waitlists for CCV at both ends and they came thru. I know how lucky I am! TY

RanDIZ - A seat is even better! Thank you so much! I will miss being the most enthusiastic cheerleader for RunDisney participants, but a CCV stay will ease the sting!
Storey13, counting my blessings - I'm an SSR owner, too..lol.. had two waitlists for CCV at both ends and they came thru. I know how lucky I am! TY

Enjoy the stay! We had a blast! Great food options there as well.

We were coming in Feb 19-24 but due to SW changing our flights to later in the day, we showed them by coming in a day early on the 18th! Now we get 5.5 days in the parks!

I put in for a waitlist on the 18th and I got it within 2 days - super excited! We just had our first stay at CCV Dec 9-15 and loved it - we're big WL fans!

Taking my cousin on her first Disney trip at 42 and she's sooooo excited!!

I LOVE taking people who have never been! You get to see the magic from their perspective and it just makes everything a little bit better. Hope the rest of the trip planning goes smoothly!

THANKS!!

I am SOOOO excited to go with a "first timer" I can't even see straight!! She requested to eat in "all the Castles" so I have those booked and a few other dinner surprises, like California Grill!

We've been planning this trip for over a year and a half and I can't believe we're at 57 days and counting!

AND....she's recovering from COVID, so she's really ready to go now!

At the cabins there is a control outside to pipe music in... is there any way to control what music plays there? For example, plugging in my own device or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter