•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Assuming it's still the same as about a month ago, they were running two boats at MK opening and closing times. The longest wait we ever had was maybe 10-15 minutes. The rest of the day was just one boat going back and forth so if you left for a midday break you could end up waiting closer to 20-25 minutes if you just miss it or didn't make it on because of capacity.

is the boat to contemporary and fort wilderness operating?

Can't wait for our next trip either. How did it go as far as the items you needed for the stay? Did the villa have most of what you might need or will you think about doing owners locker or take anything specific on the next trip?
We actually ordered too much food. We did bring a pizza cutter with us though. I think our only issue was purchasing merchandise. It was 30% off for DVC and ended up buying three more suitcases to get everything home.

For anyone wondering, the Christmas decorations were put up overnight at Wilderness Lodge

From the pictures I am seeing, it looks like they DID NOT put up any garland inside and above Whispering Canyon. Usually they do it all at once so I am wondering if this is it this year.

Last edited:

Sorry for the sideways pics!?
It looks like some garland is missing on the side above Whispering Canyon because that side is under refurb and the balconies are screened off

Staying at CCV for Christmas! WL is our fave resort and CCV rooms are the best on property (IMO!) so we are so excited. We’ve stayed in atwo bedroom and studio but will be in one bedroom this stay. What’s the difference between a dedicated one bedroom and a lock off?

For the 1 bedroom, not much difference other than then the lock off has a door that can be opened into a studio and that is what creates a 2 bedroom lock off villa.

Staying at CCV for Christmas! WL is our fave resort and CCV rooms are the best on property (IMO!) so we are so excited. We’ve stayed in atwo bedroom and studio but will be in one bedroom this stay. What’s the difference between a dedicated one bedroom and a lock off?

We stayed in a dedicated one bedroom and depending on which one you get, it might be in a corner. The bathroom was just a smidge smaller - a pedestal sink instead of the counter, and the coat rack by the master was missing. I don't know if each one is this way or not.

We loved that it was just around the corner from the elevators though.

We stayed in a dedicated one bedroom and depending on which one you get, it might be in a corner. The bathroom was just a smidge smaller - a pedestal sink instead of the counter, and the coat rack by the master was missing. I don't know if each one is this way or not.

We loved that it was just around the corner from the elevators though.
Mind sharing your room #? If you remember that is... I never remember mine!

Mind sharing your room #? If you remember that is... I never remember mine!

I never remember either. I know it was on the 5th floor. Take a look at the floor plans, there aren't very many dedicated one bedrooms so that should help narrow it down.

We opted for it because we thought it would be quieter to not share a door with the people next to us. I'm not sure if it made any difference or not though.

It looks like we'll be headed back to CC either next Thanksgiving or Christmas, 95% sure we're going to cancel our Spring Break trip at BCV. I'm a little sad as we were excited to try out that resort, but there's just no question about staying at CC during the holidays. We were there last Thanksgiving and it was magical.

We're taking family this time so will be looking at the 2 bedroom. I don't think CC was ever added to that amazing thread where it tracked how fast resorts booked up, so does anyone have an idea how fast the 2 bedrooms go during the holidays? I'm pretty good about booking when the window opens, but we usually go for 1 bedrooms so there's not as much competition.

It looks like we'll be headed back to CC either next Thanksgiving or Christmas, 95% sure we're going to cancel our Spring Break trip at BCV. I'm a little sad as we were excited to try out that resort, but there's just no question about staying at CC during the holidays. We were there last Thanksgiving and it was magical.

We're taking family this time so will be looking at the 2 bedroom. I don't think CC was ever added to that amazing thread where it tracked how fast resorts booked up, so does anyone have an idea how fast the 2 bedrooms go during the holidays? I'm pretty good about booking when the window opens, but we usually go for 1 bedrooms so there's not as much competition.
Even looking at this year there's still some decent availability for 2 bedrooms for Christmas so I would think you'd be okay to book when your window opens without issue. The two bedrooms are so wonderful, they make for a great and comfortable stay. We have six in our room and it was perfect but can fit even more.

The walk wasn’t that bad. The only drawback to that cabin is the boat horns. Well, and the people on the boats can watch you get in and out of the hot tub.

The view was better than the picture shows. I had issues focusing due to the screen.

just how bad are the boat horns noise wise?

Trying to make reservation for next october, but all is sold out. Looks like many persons walked the reservation...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter