•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Two words: Thea Sargent. Now OUT of the WL, the one responsible for major WL atrocities. Destruction of AP, attempted destruction of WC (she failed), architect of failures. She got stuck somewhere - not sure where. If I ever find out? I'll avoid the place.
According to Pete Werner's blog "Best and Worst of Disney's Riviera Resort", Thea Sargent is at Riviera.

Finally hit single digits in days until copper creek visit! Going to be a long week of work next week. It will be our first stay in January, do you think pool time is realistic? Or is it too cold? I’m coming from cold New England.

Finally hit single digits in days until copper creek visit! Going to be a long week of work next week. It will be our first stay in January, do you think pool time is realistic? Or is it too cold? I’m coming from cold New England.
It depends on you. Living in Florida for the past 15 years, I don’t go in the pool unless it’s 90 degrees. I was at Disney last week. The temps were in the 60s one night and the pool was filled with people. I had a sweater on. There is zero chance I would go in the pool, but it is different for everyone.

Always subject to change but the extended forecast is mid-low 70’s during the day 9 days out

Friends and I did use the WL pool in December when the temperature was in the high 70’s. It may have been tough going in, and then coming out, but we enjoyed ourselves! We are from NJ and OK.

I love CCV, and am so glad to have found this group of fellow CCV lovers.

I’m curious about ppl’s experience with booking studios or 1-bedrooms.We bought in in October 2018, UY June. The only way I’ve been able to stay at my home resort has been to book a 2 bedroom. Every time I’ve attempted to book a Studio/1 Bedroom at the 11 month window, I’ve been locked out of my selected dates within 4 mins of the availability drop, no matter how early I’ve logged in. This happened for October, Feb and Dec. It has happened to me all this week, and the best I can get is a waitlist. 4 mins in!!

it seems to me that less than 4 mins of availability is not a valid 11 month booking window on DVC’s part. I hate even saying this, but I’m starting to feel that there has been a bit of fraud involved in selling a contract where this is the standard we are required to live with.

I’m curious to know if this is off the norm or this is what I should’ve expected. It was never disclosed during the sales pitch.

I’m curious about ppl’s experience with booking studios or 1-bedrooms.We bought in in October 2018, UY June. The only way I’ve been able to stay at my home resort has been to book a 2 bedroom. Every time I’ve attempted to book a Studio/1 Bedroom at the 11 month window, I’ve been locked out of my selected dates within 4 mins of the availability drop, no matter how early I’ve logged in. This happened for October, Feb and Dec. It has happened to me all this week, and the best I can get is a waitlist. 4 mins in!!

it seems to me that less than 4 mins of availability is not a valid 11 month booking window on DVC’s part. I hate even saying this, but I’m starting to feel that there has been a bit of fraud involved in selling a contract where this is the standard we are required to live with.

I’m curious to know if this is off the norm or this is what I should’ve expected. It was never disclosed during the sales pitch.

This is the norm for December...someone with more knowledge would have to verify this, but as far as I know, they sold out all the fixed weeks they offered for December at CCV...so the limited number of studios that already exist, combined with sold-out fixed weeks for that month specifically, will probably always make December hard to book. You're also more likely to see actual members using their points there in December vs other times of the year due to the Christmas feel of the lodge, which will jam up the 11-month window. I've been tracking availability this year, to get an idea for next year, and noticed that today the 10th was gone for all room categories before the window even opened, and it was gone last night as well. I agree that this information isn't disclosed in the sales pitch...but I knew before buying after doing my research on boards like this that studio's would be an issue at busy times of year (October - especially columbus day weekend...All of December...February over Presidents day...and any time period where there is a race weekend), and if you want a studio even at less busy times, you will need to be ready at 8AM at the 11-month window.

Thx. I’m not familiar with what “fixed weeks” means...can you help me understand?

I’ve got friends who own at BCV, and I’ve been renting points from many others at BCV and BWV over the last 15 years, and have always been able to get my preferred dates (give/take a day or two) at the 11th month window, except once in 2017. I had never experienced a shutout anything like this, and BCV has a very similar size and popularity to CCV.

Capacity doesn’t meet demand—fine. But DVC has an ethical if not legal obligation to disclose what to expect with regard to actually being able to use your points. “December is busy” is not the same as “You’ll need to book right at 8am or by 8:05 forget it and wait to see if you can get into SSR or OKW at 7 months.” This is like trying to get Hamilton tickets online—except that you’ve already paid for your ticket and they won’t give you a seat.

Thx. I’m not familiar with what “fixed weeks” means...can you help me understand?

I’ve got friends who own at BCV, and I’ve been renting points from many others at BCV and BWV over the last 15 years, and have always been able to get my preferred dates (give/take a day or two) at the 11th month window, except once in 2017. I had never experienced a shutout anything like this, and BCV has a very similar size and popularity to CCV.

Capacity doesn’t meet demand—fine. But DVC has an ethical if not legal obligation to disclose what to expect with regard to actually being able to use your points. “December is busy” is not the same as “You’ll need to book right at 8am or by 8:05 forget it and wait to see if you can get into SSR or OKW at 7 months.” This is like trying to get Hamilton tickets online—except that you’ve already paid for your ticket and they won’t give you a seat.

The limited number of studios plus the points sold for the cabins make CCV the hardest studios to get in DVC.

I’ve been able to get to get the dates that I needed in fall because I walked them. I know walking is frowned upon here but I see no other choice.

The limited number of studios plus the points sold for the cabins make CCV the hardest studios to get in DVC.

I’ve been able to get to get the dates that I needed in fall because I walked them. I know walking is frowned upon here but I see no other choice.
Though in my experience not entirely needed yet at this point. I have grabbed the first week of December and Thanksgiving week in 2019 and now 2020. All done without walking. Also I grabbed Columbus Day weekend in 2019 and now 2020 without walking too. I think as long as you are on at 8 AM you have a decent shot at getting it. I personally don't have an issue with walking but the more that preach it is "necessary" the more that will do it, and at that point you won't be able to walk anymore because everyone will be walking so capacity will be worse. Fear begets fear.

The only weeks that may need walking if at all is the first two weeks of December; however, that is really true of any near park DVC in a studio those weeks. However, next year I suspect more point movements those weeks so higher costs (might change some of the demand).

A fixed week - is essentially that...a week that you own every year. I own another timeshare in Aruba and they only offer fixed weeks...I think it is more common in traditional timeshare ownership than DVC, but DVC started offering this when they sold VGF...as far as I know VGF, POLY and CCV and now RR are the only ones who have fixed weeks. If you check VGF availability and RR availability, you'll see a similar demand problem for December as we see at CCV. Unfortunately fixed weeks in December are a hot commodity, compared with other times of the year. Essentially if you wanted to go in December yearly, you could have bought a fixed week (I believe a fixed week studio for December was going for 118 points - normal cost for that week was 107 points, but they have a built in 10% increase buffer that would make you buy 118 points to secure that week) when they were offering them. You can convert your points out of a fixed week if you wanted to, in order to use them other times during the year, but I'd imagine most people who bought December fixed weeks kept them, either for personal use or to rent given how popular the points are.

As for your other point about the ethical/legal point...I don't see the argument. All they are selling you is the possibility that you can get a room at 11 months or that you will be able to use your yearly points at your home resort at some point during the year. In theory, you can, and in theory even in December you could get one at 7-months at SSR. That might not be what you want...but that is what DVC essentially is - a flexible timeshare. You referenced October, in your post, so I checked October, and the only dates not available for a 1-bedroom in October right now are Columbus day, and 2 other days. So 26 out of 31 days are available for booking any trip. My guess is you wanted Columbus day weekend (any holiday weekend will require an 11-month booking at 8AM)...and even then you're up against probably 500-1000 owners at least for a few hundred rooms, so you're playing quickest trigger finger at 8AM. Any other time in October is there for you...again that's not DVC's fault, it's just the reality of owning a flexible timeshare. Right now, you could book a 1-bedroom at CCV from April thru October with relative ease (april is spotty, but about 50% open right now).

Unfortunately with the Cabin issue, Flexibility regarding dates in using your points will be the key for all CCV owners, in whether ownership is enjoyable or not. I'm hoping the best for you, and you're able to win the battle of quickest fingers over the next few days to get your December reservation...I know it sucks, and causes extra stress, but it's the unfortunate reality of CCV and VGF in December.

Though in my experience not entirely needed yet at this point. I have grabbed the first week of December and Thanksgiving week in 2019 and now 2020. All done without walking. Also I grabbed Columbus Day weekend in 2019 and now 2020 without walking too. I think as long as you are on at 8 AM you have a decent shot at getting it. I personally don't have an issue with walking but the more that preach it is "necessary" the more that will do it, and at that point you won't be able to walk anymore because everyone will be walking so capacity will be worse. Fear begets fear.

The only weeks that may need walking if at all is the first two weeks of December; however, that is really true of any near park DVC in a studio those weeks. However, next year I suspect more point movements those weeks so higher costs (might change some of the demand).

I agree...I secured a studio for columbus day weekend this year for 2020 right at 8AM, but I also knew it was a dice roll, and given that when I looked back at the site for the dates I wanted right after I booked, and they were gone...I felt like I won the lottery in that moment. Last year we walked a studio for early December and given, what i've seen on the site (today the 10th wasn't even available to be booked at 8AM this year for 1-bedrooms or 2-bedrooms), it would appear walking the first 2 weeks is getting close to a necessity at this point for early December.

I'm a big believer in you have to do what you believe is best for you and your family...If you feel you have to walk...then have at it...it might not be a necessity at certain times of the year, but there is something to be said about the peace of mind of not having to wake up at 8AM for the exact date you want and hope you get it.

What does walking mean?

I agree...I secured a studio for columbus day weekend this year for 2020 right at 8AM, but I also knew it was a dice roll, and given that when I looked back at the site for the dates I wanted right after I booked, and they were gone...I felt like I won the lottery in that moment. Last year we walked a studio for early December and given, what i've seen on the site (today the 10th wasn't even available to be booked at 8AM this year for 1-bedrooms or 2-bedrooms), it would appear walking the first 2 weeks is getting close to a necessity at this point for early December.
I'm not an owner, but curious in the discussions on this page. We're staying in a studio the first week of December 2020, paying cash - I just booked it like a normal resort. My (possibly stupid) question is, do DVC people not see the same rooms open that I see on WDW's website? I assume you book through another site, but I guess they hold back rooms for non-DVC bookings? I'm looking online right now and December 10th has availability for both types of studios and both 1 and 2 bedrooms.

I did have the fear that I wouldn’t be able to get the dates I needed. The irony is I’m going to cancel my Thanksgiving week trip and likely switch my October trip to the Riviera (for 14 more points).

My baby turns 3 next year and my family of 5 will no longer fit in a studio or 1 bedroom at CCV.

I have 64 days until my first 2 bedroom stay at CCV. I’m sure I won’t want to go back to a studio after anyways.

Just circling back here with some advice to maybe get some of your dates based on whats being discussed...walking in December happens...I'm not sure what dates you want, but the 8th and 9th just popped open for Studios...my advice would be to circle back each day, and try and book 1/2 days at a time as the walkers go by, and you might end up getting the dates you want for December. You might have to book 1 day at a time, and then waitlist a day or 2 in order to complete your reservation, but it should still all work out to get the days you want.

Looking at Copper Creek for a Deluxe Studio in june months. It would be our home resort, how is booking for a Deluxe Studio at 11 months for june looking? Anything I should be aware of?

I'm not an owner, but curious in the discussions on this page. We're staying in a studio the first week of December 2020, paying cash - I just booked it like a normal resort. My (possibly stupid) question is, do DVC people not see the same rooms open that I see on WDW's website? I assume you book through another site, but I guess they hold back rooms for non-DVC bookings? I'm looking online right now and December 10th has availability for both types of studios and both 1 and 2 bedrooms.

I don't know the exact numbers, but yes what you are saying is correct. Hypothetically, 95% are owned by owners and can be booked by owners on the DVC site, and 5% are owned by either Disney or DVC and can be booked for cash rates by anyone (I made those numbers up, one of the more knowledgable posters would have to verify the exact percentages).

Looking at Copper Creek for a Deluxe Studio in june months. It would be our home resort, how is booking for a Deluxe Studio at 11 months for june looking? Anything I should be aware of?

You should be fine at 11 months...from what I've seen they might linger around for a week after the 11-month window, but I'd always be prepared if you want a studio to book exactly at 11-months at 8AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter