•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Question on this method - will the two separate bookings of the 25th and then 27-30th be merged at one point? Do i call member services to do that? Sorry - I am really clueless.
If the WL for the 26th comes through, they’ll merge them. If it doesn’t then of course they can’t merge them because they’re not continuous.

Hope all of the CCV lovers are having a good new year so far!

Occasionally, I look to see how much it would cost to book a week using the free dining or other promotions for a 2 bedroom villa at CCV, and
holy cow, it makes me so happy we decided to buy DVC at CCV!

We had some pixie dust happen on our first stay at CCV. We got an alternate room!!! It was big, with two 45” TV’s, a split bath, and a separate bedroom area!!! We loved it!

Merry Christmas all!
Very Nice! Did you have any specific requests that might have helped pull the alternate?

Happy New Year to one and all, from me, DH (49) and DS (6)!

We are BEYOND excited and looking forward to our first Welcome Home as CCV owners (January 16th - 20th)! It's also going to be our first ever stay at CCV. Though the inspiration is that of the upper west coast, it reminds me so much of the woods of MN/WI, so I get a true feeling of home when I walk into that gorgeous lobby *sigh*

I have a couple of questions that I'm sure have been asked a million times, but I can't seem to find my exact answer so here it goes:

We have already checked-in via MDE as we will be flying in the night before and want to get into our room ASAP. However, the right view outweighs timing to get into our room. Does 'near transportation' or 'near lobby' get us that lake view? (I already requested higher up floor').
Also - Should I call MS or email the resort directly to get a more specific request in regarding a room with a 'view'?
Finally - Does anyone have a room that they would recommend (if our request can go that deep)?
We will be staying in a Deluxe Studio.
TIA! <3

Congratulations and welcome home!
Page 1 of this thread has information on CCV rooms. I have used the webpage “touring plans“ room finder tool, to check out the views from resort rooms. Usually, I put my room request in with MS when booking the room, just remember this is a request no guarantees. Hoping you get the view you want!

Hi everyone! We're not owners, but I just booked a studio at CCV for December 1-7, 2020. It's our first adult-only trip, we're celebrating our 10-year anniversary, and my husband turns 40 while we're there! Super excited to stay here, as we've never been to WL before. Can't wait to read up on the resort.

We are BEYOND excited and looking forward to our first Welcome Home as CCV owners (January 16th - 20th)! It's also going to be our first ever stay at CCV. Though the inspiration is that of the upper west coast, it reminds me so much of the woods of MN/WI, so I get a true feeling of home when I walk into that gorgeous lobby *sigh*

I have a couple of questions that I'm sure have been asked a million times, but I can't seem to find my exact answer so here it goes:

We have already checked-in via MDE as we will be flying in the night before and want to get into our room ASAP. However, the right view outweighs timing to get into our room. Does 'near transportation' or 'near lobby' get us that lake view? (I already requested higher up floor').
Also - Should I call MS or email the resort directly to get a more specific request in regarding a room with a 'view'?
Finally - Does anyone have a room that they would recommend (if our request can go that deep)?
TIA! <3

:welcome: and Congrats! Happy you found us! I’ll be sure to get you on page 1!

When staying at Wilderness Lodge, I always request a court yard view! Views of the pool, water fall, and the water are amazing! Good luck, I hope you get the room you want!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Hi everyone! We're not owners, but I just booked a studio at CCV for December 1-7, 2020. It's our first adult-only trip, we're celebrating our 10-year anniversary, and my husband turns 40 while we're there! Super excited to stay here, as we've never been to WL before. Can't wait to read up on the resort.

Hope you have a wonderful trip! Wilderness Lodge is absolutely beautiful and Copper Creek rooms are just as amazing! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed! Do you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask us!

TIA! <3

By the way, what month did you buy for Page 1?

TIA! <3
Are you staying in a "Deluxe Studio" or "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower"? Most "Deluxe Studios" will be on the first floor with 6 on the upper floors (that look out at the lake and are of the alternate studio layout, end in 115). So if you want lake view with a "Deluxe Studio" I would simply request upper floor and leave it there. All "Deluxe Studios with WalkIn Shower" will be on upper floors looking at either the main pool or quiet pool/BRV (a few can see the bus stop). Rooms that can see the main pool (or courtyard) will have a chance at a view of the lake. I would request Upper Floor Courtyard View for getting as close to lake view as possible if you booked the walk in shower.

Also I suggest removing the request from the check-in online and calling MS to get the request sent to the resort ASAP. As I've been told that is the only way to get a more detailed room request in (of course upper floor might be the only request to make depending) and that the room requests through MDE overwrite any that MS sends.

Here is some useful links:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/copper-creek-which-rooms-are-which.3695167/#post-59511857https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...s-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/#post-58141101
@GrandCalifornian is the person that put together the floorplans above and discussed some of the nuanced room locations (in the first link).

(Posted this in a general DVC thread -- apologies if you are seeing it twice!)

This may not mean much to many of you, but in advance of our trip "home" to Copper Creek next week, I exchanged emails with the managers of Wilderness Lodge and got some very disappointing news. The concierge desk at Boulder Ridge has been removed, and Mr Kirk is no longer stationed anywhere at Wilderness Lodge. I know his name has been mentioned on these boards a few times, but in a universe of amazing Disney cast members, Mr Kirk was by far the most helpful, friendly, and enjoyable of any I've met. He devoted significant time to reviewing our plans on several different trips, suggested multiple improvements, helped with reservations and fastpasses, and even gave us a little fairy dust on occasion.

Management told me that now they've trained all their front desk staff to serve as concierges, but there's no way they will ever replicate the experience we got from Kirk.

While I know it's perfectly within their rights to remove this feature, I do think it degrades the experience of staying at Wilderness Lodge just a little bit for us. We chose a DVC membership at Copper Creek after staying at Boulder Ridge on a cash reservation. It was after the incredible attention Mr Kirk gave us on that trip that we thought we'd be crazy not to buy at this resort. While it remains a strong favorite for many other reasons, I will certainly miss this aspect of our trip to WL going forward.

Did any of you have experiences with Mr Kirk? Does anyone else have any information about this transition? I've tried to find out where he was relocated to, but to date I have not received a response from management. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Merry Christmas everyone! I ignored the family briefly this morning to book a studio for Thanksgiving 2020. I’m so happy I got in, the same trip will cost 9 more points in 2021. So I had to get it this year. I have not been for Thanksgiving. So any recommendations for our stay at Copper Creek during that holiday?

We loved staying at CC during the busy holiday week. It always felt so tranquil to walk inside the doors after all the business outside. Even if it was busy inside, it just didn't feel like it was to me.

Make those ADRs! Availability was almost nonexistent at the really desirable places a few months beforehand. We also loved going to Geyser Point a few times during our stay. The weather was so awesome and it was really relaxing to gaze at the water while we ate.

The concierge desk at Boulder Ridge has been removed, and Mr Kirk is no longer stationed anywhere at Wilderness Lodge.
He is at BWV working the front desk there (checking you in with an iPad and directing you). I actually saw him this November 2019 there and he remembered my one interaction with him November 2018 (him getting me into a BRV room is one of the reasons I ended buying CCV, because I wanted a feel for the management and maintenance of WL. He did a lot to ease my concerns). His level of service was excellent.

This may not mean much to many of you, but in advance of our trip "home" to Copper Creek next week, I exchanged emails with the managers of Wilderness Lodge and got some very disappointing news. The concierge desk at Boulder Ridge has been removed, and Mr Kirk is no longer stationed anywhere at Wilderness Lodge. I know his name has been mentioned on these boards a few times, but in a universe of amazing Disney cast members, Mr Kirk was by far the most helpful, friendly, and enjoyable of any I've met. He devoted significant time to reviewing our plans on several different trips, suggested multiple improvements, helped with reservations and fastpasses, and even gave us a little fairy dust on occasion.

Management told me that now they've trained all their front desk staff to serve as concierges, but there's no way they will ever replicate the experience we got from Kirk.

While I know it's perfectly within their rights to remove this feature, I do think it degrades the experience of staying at Wilderness Lodge just a little bit for us. We chose a DVC membership at Copper Creek after staying at Boulder Ridge on a cash reservation. It was after the incredible attention Mr Kirk gave us on that trip that we thought we'd be crazy not to buy at this resort. While it remains a strong favorite for many other reasons, I will certainly miss this aspect of our trip to WL going forward.

Did any of you have experiences with Mr Kirk? Does anyone else have any information about this transition? I've tried to find out where he was relocated to, but to date I have not received a response from management. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Yep, he's been gone awhile. As much as I've enjoyed my second home (VWL/WL) over the years, Disney continues to cut back on labor costs, making the idea that DVC is a deluxe accommodation a bit less realistic each passing year.

December 2018. I just had to have his picture, he made our stay so enjoyable!
E5D13660-7E51-4065-8D0D-A65AEE8CF7D3.jpeg

Two words: Thea Sargent. Now OUT of the WL, the one responsible for major WL atrocities. Destruction of AP, attempted destruction of WC (she failed), architect of failures. She got stuck somewhere - not sure where. If I ever find out? I'll avoid the place.
She is the GM of the Riviera now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter