•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I'm new to DVC, but have another Timeshare...maybe i'm missing something, but if check-in isn't technically until 4PM, I don't typically expect to get my room before then.

We didn't get our room assignment before 4pm last friday, either.....I was a little aggravated, mainly because we had our 15 month old granddaughter with us and the child needed some naptime. We got the text that our room was ready at around 5pm and we were still at our 4pm Artist Point dinner. Got to the room after that.
Nice, ours was due to a computer error, the online check in didn’t go all the way through. The app room info was broke and MB purchasing too until we saw the front desk. They claimed they texted us at 2:30p

We are planning a September 2020 trip. My husband is really wanting to stay at WL and I would really like to try a DVC rental. Copper Creek seems like the perfect place for us. How hard is it to get into a rental at maybe 7 months out? We've never done this and he's worried about it being sketchy but I'd love to save on our trip. It would just be three of us going, we will be taking our youngest child who will be 18 at the time.

We are planning a September 2020 trip. My husband is really wanting to stay at WL and I would really like to try a DVC rental. Copper Creek seems like the perfect place for us. How hard is it to get into a rental at maybe 7 months out? We've never done this and he's worried about it being sketchy but I'd love to save on our trip. It would just be three of us going, we will be taking our youngest child who will be 18 at the time.

Renting is a great way to get a Copper Creek room! There are several reputable dvc rental sites to choose from, not sure if I'm allowed to mention them here since The Timeshare Store is a sponsor.
I checked studios at CCV for Sept 2020 and only Sept 1-4 were available for studios. If you upgrade to a 1 bedroom, almost the entire month of September is still available. The sooner you can book your dvc rental, the better your chances will be to stay at Copper Creek.

Due to the Missouri government passing and signing into law new school start times for 2020 (normally start in early August, now late August), I've had to update our trip for October 2020 dates. New dates will be on my daughters new Fall break, so our new dates are 10/24-11/1! Having to wait a couple extra weeks isn't too bad, plus celebrating Halloween at Disney should be fun ( I think?).

Due to the Missouri government passing and signing into law new school start times for 2020 (normally start in early August, now late August), I've had to update our trip for October 2020 dates. New dates will be on my daughters new Fall break, so our new dates are 10/24-11/1! Having to wait a couple extra weeks isn't too bad, plus celebrating Halloween at Disney should be fun ( I think?).
It seems like our Missouri schools were starting earlier and earlier. Didn't know about this change but my kids are grown so I don't always pay attention to school calendars. I never recalled having a fall break, though!

Merry Christmas everyone! I ignored the family briefly this morning to book a studio for Thanksgiving 2020. I’m so happy I got in, the same trip will cost 9 more points in 2021. So I had to get it this year. I have not been for Thanksgiving. So any recommendations for our stay at Copper Creek during that holiday?

Merry Christmas everyone! I ignored the family briefly this morning to book a studio for Thanksgiving 2020. I’m so happy I got in, the same trip will cost 9 more points in 2021. So I had to get it this year. I have not been for Thanksgiving. So any recommendations for our stay at Copper Creek during that holiday?

Awesome!

Me and my family will be there the Sunday before Thanksgiving for the Very Merry Christmas Party.

I've never had to waitlist before because I'm usually really good about remembering to wake up and book - but my son had the flu and family was driving me insane - I forgot to book for our thanksgiving trip!
I am trying to get a studio for the 25th through the 30th. the only day not available is the 26th.
Do i create two separate reservations and just waitlist the 26th? is that insane bc it is actually thanksgiving day and I'm being dellusional thinking it will come through?
Should I just do the one bedroom and waitlist the studio entirely?
As I said, having no prior experience I don't know what to do here or what to expect for that time of year.

I've never had to waitlist before because I'm usually really good about remembering to wake up and book - but my son had the flu and family was driving me insane - I forgot to book for our thanksgiving trip!
I am trying to get a studio for the 25th through the 30th. the only day not available is the 26th.
Do i create two separate reservations and just waitlist the 26th? is that insane bc it is actually thanksgiving day and I'm being dellusional thinking it will come through?
As I said, having no prior experience I don't know what to do here or what to expect for that time of year.
I would think the one night would be more likely to open up then the entire stay in a studio. I’d waitlist the one night or book the 1bedroom if you’re okay that you may be staying in that booking category.

I would do the two separate reservations and waitlist the one day, if someone cancels it the waitlist will pick it up before it hits the RAT although there may be other waitlists ahead of yours. Just make sure to call/chat with MS to check the waitlist every few weeks.

Waitlist the 26th now. Book the 25th. Then tomorrow morning book the 27th to the 30th and stalk stalk stalk for the 26th tomorrow after 8 AM (the waitlist isn't always running but seems to be more schedule based). There is a strong possibility it will come open if anyone is walking (likely to the first 2 weeks of December).

Though be aware this time of year is extremely popular for DVC and one of the most popular times for CCV/WL/BRV in general with the Christmas Decorations up.

Thank you all so much - I'll do the waitlist for the 26th, book the other parts of the trip that are available and stalk it up.

Thank you!!!

Waitlist the 26th now. Book the 25th. Then tomorrow morning book the 27th to the 30th and stalk stalk stalk for the 26th tomorrow after 8 AM (the waitlist isn't always running but seems to be more schedule based). There is a strong possibility it will come open if anyone is walking (likely to the first 2 weeks of December).

Though be aware this time of year is extremely popular for DVC and one of the most popular times for CCV/WL/BRV in general with the Christmas Decorations up.

Question on this method - will the two separate bookings of the 25th and then 27-30th be merged at one point? Do i call member services to do that? Sorry - I am really clueless.

Question on this method - will the two separate bookings of the 25th and then 27-30th be merged at one point? Do i call member services to do that? Sorry - I am really clueless.
Yep MS might merge them automatically or they might not. But you can always call and have them merged while on the phone (can do via chat too). I have them merge a lot (when piecing together stays).

It will then appear as a single reservation for you and 0 risk of moving rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter