•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I would look at the nightly $ cost of your room. While it appears to be $2 cheaper per point the best way to look at the problem is assign a dollar value to your expected vacation habits. Because AKV has significantly lower point charts its nightly $ cost of your room will be much less. Depending on your travel patters changing at 7 months maybe difficult (wanting studios or 2 bedrooms in the Fall Frenzy, October through January). With all that being said Riviera, IMO, is a beautiful resort and worth the higher point costs but for some it might not be.

Your concern about the end of the contract is valid but I would consider a more cost calculation of the vacations since that really is the utility you get out of the product not the points.
That is true it is less points per night than RIV but SSR and AKL seem easy to get at the 7 month mark also.
At least from this Chart for June when we will almost always travel.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...tember-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/#post-59393039
I really wish there was some reference chart for CCV for June or July for Studios. It seems insane Disney Built that many Cabins for CCV.

That is true it is less points per night than RIV but SSR and AKL seem easy to get at the 7 month mark also.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...tember-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/#post-59393039
I really wish there was some reference chart for CCV for June or July for Studios. It seems insane Disney Built that many Cabins for CCV.
Yeah currently June is an easy time to switch to AKV and SSR. I hadn't realized that was your preferred travel time. I would say pretty much anytime of the year switching into CCV at a studio will be as difficult as switching into VGF (but that's just based on my quick glances following the availability through the year). Only thing to remember is that DVC adjusted point charts to try and make summer more appealing and fall less appealing. Though from a park perspective that will take a lot of point shifting for it to happen because the special events aren't really running in the summer like they are in the Fall and Winter. So I suspect summer to be easy to switch for a while.

CCV is a wonderful resort, perhaps when you are ready to add on you can do resale here.

Yeah currently June is an easy time to switch to AKV and SSR. I hadn't realized that was your preferred travel time. I would say pretty much anytime of the year switching into CCV at a studio will be as difficult as switching into VGF (but that's just based on my quick glances following the availability through the year). Only thing to remember is that DVC adjusted point charts to try and make summer more appealing and fall less appealing. Though from a park perspective that will take a lot of point shifting for it to happen because the special events aren't really running in the summer like they are in the Fall and Winter. So I suspect summer to be easy to switch for a while.

CCV is a wonderful resort, perhaps when you are ready to add on you can do resale here.
That would be a great idea. Do you happen to know if its hard at 11 months at CCV to get a June Studio?

That would be a great idea. Do you happen to know if its hard at 11 months at CCV to get a June Studio?
In June at 11 months I thought it was fairly easy to get a studio. It appeared availability was sticking around for a few days, at least, after the 11 month window (unlike Fall Frenzy when they disappear right at 8 AM).

@AKNOTTS66 heres the 2020 Annual Dues chart. Not sure if that helps sway you either way, but thought I’d post.

View attachment 465062
Thanks :) Really Appreciate that. I think we are Narrowed down to CCV resale or Bay Lake Tower Resale, or Riviera Direct. Man is it going to be scary, exciting, nerve racking when we decide and hit buy. And waiting if we buy resale will be crazy for our first contract.

Thanks :) Really Appreciate that. I think we are Narrowed down to CCV resale or Bay Lake Tower Resale, or Riviera Direct. Man is it going to be scary, exciting, nerve racking when we decide and hit buy. And waiting if we buy resale will be crazy for our first contract.

Resale is time consuming and nerve wracking - but also exciting at the same time!! The current wait is around 14 days to hear back from ROFR, followed by the rest of the process. The benefit is that you’re saving the most money this way. Downfall, no perks.

Direct, you give them your credit card and everything is done super quick, and you know it’s guaranteed. You get perks and discounted AP’s, but downfall, you’re paying top dollar.

Either way, you can’t go wrong. Good luck deciding!!!!!!!

I've thought of that too lol. Only issue is the shorter expiration date at 2054 for Saratoga. I'm also giving losing the Annual Pass discounts which is nice at $420 a person if we would get Gold Passes. If we bought resale It would be better for us to go to AKV since you gain 3 years also for similar pricing and I could see us potentially staying there more over Saratoga.

I guess it comes down to is the ability to buy a Gold Pass at $700 vs a Platinum AP at $1,120 worth it of a discount? The Gold Pass Isn't just for Florida Residents right? Any DVC Direct Owners can buy it right?
I strongly caution new buyers about counting on any sort of discount or perk that DVC currently offers as part of their reason to buy, as those can be revoked literally overnight. For example, valet parking used to be free for all DVC members--gone. Pool hopping to pretty much any resort--mostly gone. Perks and discounts are not part of the POS, and DVC is not obligated to provide them. In short, the only thing you are promised when buying DVC is that you will get your points each year and that you will have a chance to book your home resort earlier than those who do not own there. As for comparing the Gold to the Platinum passes--and I realize you likely figured this out as you seem to have done your homework--Gold carries blockout dates including 2 weeks in April and 2 weeks in Dec/Jan. Still, I do understand your reasoning; I just wanted to ensure you factor in everything.

I think you do all three! No regrets that way.

I will just add that the SV studios from mid June through mid August at RIV are down for 2021 over 2020 with the point change. So, that will help making the points go a little bit farther. Those will only be 3 points more per night during the week over CCV.

I bought RIV end of October and there were still SV studios available in June. Granted, right now, resort isn’t sold out, but I think your chances for those will be okay at 11 months. I think easier than CCV.

However, if CCV is your resort of choice, more than the rest, then I think that is really important to what you decide. The only drawback I see with CCV is that if you can’t get a studio, even at 11 months, you are basically stuck.
Good luck!

We are looking to buy CCV soon for a studio in the months of June and July. We were wondering, how is transportation at CC? Is boat the only way to get to the MK? or is there also busses for CC and WL for the MK? We've been to the WL many times before and stayed 2 times when I was kid but its been a while. Also do the boats get crowded early morning to the MK and at night after fireworks?

We are looking to buy CCV soon for a studio in the months of June and July. We were wondering, how is transportation at CC? Is boat the only way to get to the MK? or is there also busses for CC and WL for the MK? We've been to the WL many times before and stayed 2 times when I was kid but its been a while. Also do the boats get crowded early morning to the MK and at night after fireworks?
There is a boat and dedicated (only WL) bus to MK. In my experience in the morning and after fireworks the boat is more crowded than the bus. However the boat line has a large boat and a small boat operating. The large boat can really empty the dock out and allows strollers to be brought on without being folded.

There is a boat and dedicated (only WL) bus to MK. In my experience in the morning and after fireworks the boat is more crowded than the bus. However the boat line has a large boat and a small boat operating. The large boat can really empty the dock out and allows strollers to be brought on without being folded.
This is great to know! Are the busses to MK less frequent since there's also a boat or is it about the same as the other parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!