ºoº "Epcot's Candlelight Processional 2005 F.A.Q. & Information,let's share our info.

We will be at the 6:45 show on 12/26 too!!! We purchased a CP Dinner Package to guarantee we get a seat.
He said it was so beautiful last night. He said the experience was great and he was so excited to be a part of Disney! He told me this morning that the decorations are beautiful!!

We will also get to see our son march down Main Street at the MK in March with his HS Marching Band (who just placed 2nd in thier division at the State Championships). We are so proud.

UrsulasShadow said:
Hey, anyone see Rita Moreno this year yet????? Give us a report as soon as you get back, please. You'd be the first to view this year's show.

I performed in CP on Saturday night (the 26th) and she was fantastic, really getting into the music and singing along. We had a full house for both shows and the performance was very well-received by the audience.

We went to the very first show of the season and saw Rita Moreno. This was the first time we have done the CP and absolutely loved it. I was a bit depressed at first because I thought my camcorder had a fully charged battery only to discover it didn't.

But we loved the show. Rita Moreno was excellent. She really got into the narration and the singing. She made a comment at the end about it being a great pleasure to be able to do the very first show and that she enjoyed being able to do it. We had great seats for the show and we went to Le Cellier for dinner. DH loved it so much that he wants to go there again. We had an excellent wine with our dinner, that I can't remember the name of. DD & I had the NY strip steak and DH had the filet mignon. DD was the only one to order dessert because DH & I were stuffed. If we do go again I would like to try the cheese sampler plate.

I think we will probably do this again. :goodvibes

We attended the 12/2 show. It was absolutely beautiful! For those of you who will be seeing it - ENJOY! I'm sure you will love it. :love: It was the best part of our week at Disney.

Jessica :wave:

We went to the 6:45 show on Dec 2 and saw Haley Joel Osment. He spoke clearly and did well, but to be an outstanding speaker he needs more lessons on speaking. The show was visually impressive- the music also. The music choices were wonderful- my favorite Christmas music and performed beautifully. The program moved along smoothly. The volume was too loud in parts, but this was the only complaint I had. Some of the songs brought tears to my eyes they were so wonderful.

We had plenty of time to walk to our 8 pm reservation at Marrakesh. The restaurant was very busy. There were more tables on the main floor than had been there the last time we were there 4 years ago, and the tables were all full. Service was excellent. The food was average but still fun to try the samplers.

LoveWDW said:
We went to the 6:45 show on Dec 2 and saw Haley Joel Osment. He spoke clearly and did well, but to be an outstanding speaker he needs more lessons on speaking. The show was visually impressive- the music also. The music choices were wonderful- my favorite Christmas music and performed beautifully. The program moved along smoothly. The volume was too loud in parts, but this was the only complaint I had. Some of the songs brought tears to my eyes they were so wonderful.

We had plenty of time to walk to our 8 pm reservation at Marrakesh. The restaurant was very busy. There were more tables on the main floor than had been there the last time we were there 4 years ago, and the tables were all full. Service was excellent. The food was average but still fun to try the samplers.

We were at the 8:15 show on that day and I agree Haley needs lessons in speaking in front of a crowd. I wasn't very impressed with him, he had such a serious look on his face and I never saw him smile and barely looked at the audience. The music was definately the highlight and I liked watching the interpreter signing the show, he was so animated.

Calie

Went to the 6:45 show on 12/6 - Cicely Tyson, who did a very very nice job with not just the narration, but interacting with the audience on a personal level and praising the show & musicians.

We queued up in the standby line about 6:10, which at that point was about half as long as the package queue, maybe 150 people in front of us. Seated at about 6:30, the last four rows of the theater not roped off - had a great seat in the center.

Ropes were dropped right before showtime and a good many people moved forward to better seats. Maybe 100 to 150 vacant seats on the far right and far left of the theater, which slowly filled as the program progressed.

Walked by the theater at the start of the last show and probably the back 20% of the theater was empty, and noone in line. Have never seen that before, but the crowd was light and the weather was pretty cold and windy.

We were fortunate to catch 2 different CPs. We saw Rita Moreno Sunday 11/27 at 5pm and we saw Haley Joel Osment on Friday 12/3 for the second show. Rita was just fabulous. What a moving experience! Friday night was our last night in Disney and we wanted to see the CP again. Not to knock the kid but Haley just didn't do the show justice.

We bought the Candlelight Processional CD at the Toy Store in DTD. Best $19 I spent on our trip!

bizeemom4 said:
We were fortunate to catch 2 different CPs. We saw Rita Moreno Sunday 11/27 at 5pm and we saw Haley Joel Osment on Friday 12/3 for the second show. Rita was just fabulous. What a moving experience! Friday night was our last night in Disney and we wanted to see the CP again. Not to knock the kid but Haley just didn't do the show justice.

We bought the Candlelight Processional CD at the Toy Store in DTD. Best $19 I spent on our trip!
I also saw Rita Moreno, and maybe Haley Joel Osmet wasn't that bad-but after Rita Moreno...well, it's hard to top her! She was great!

I walked by the line tonight at 6:10 and the CM was telling the people in the back of the line they would get in for the 8:15 show.

We were there on Nov. 30th and thought Phil Donohue did a wonderful job!! My DH and I feel the CP was one of the best moments of our trip. :flower:

I saw Jaci Vasquez (sp?) on Thursday night and she was absolutely horrible. I had never heard of her before I went. She lost her place at least 3 times, she was too worried about flipping her hair, etc. My friend that went with me had seen Rita Moreno the first night and absolutely loved her. I was complaining about Jaci while we were walking when several other guests started complaining also. One guest said that she was going to stop at guest relations and ask WDW never to let Jaci do the Candlelight Processional. I did buy the CD so that I could listen to a decent Candlelight. I did love the music and thought the sign language interpreter was unbelievable. Unfortunately, Jaci was absolutely horrible.

Does anyone know how the new ADR 180 day booking window will affect the CP package for 2006? I have been searching this site and others, but to no avail. Thanks!

Shanan said:
I saw Jaci Vasquez (sp?) on Thursday night and she was absolutely horrible. I had never heard of her before I went. She lost her place at least 3 times, she was too worried about flipping her hair, etc. My friend that went with me had seen Rita Moreno the first night and absolutely loved her. I was complaining about Jaci while we were walking when several other guests started complaining also. One guest said that she was going to stop at guest relations and ask WDW never to let Jaci do the Candlelight Processional. I did buy the CD so that I could listen to a decent Candlelight. I did love the music and thought the sign language interpreter was unbelievable. Unfortunately, Jaci was absolutely horrible.

I was there on Wednesday and I absolutely agree. I originally schedule my trip around my Dec. 7 Jim Chevizel CP ressie and when they changed it to Jaci it was too late to change things around. I thought I would give her a try, but boy was I dissappointed. She stumbled a couple of times then just laughed- definitely very unprofessional. :confused3

We went to the 12/2 cp for the 6:45 show and we loved it, except for the loud misbehaved little boy behind us. Between his talking and kicking my seat it was a little distracting. Even my 3 teen ds liked it. They did say they thought Haley Joel needed a haircut.

We saw Jaci too and were disappointed in her reading. She was very monotone. As a Christian singer, we expected her to be more passionate (or at least to show some emotion!). What was most disappointing about her, however, was her closing remarks (we saw her very last performance) when she said we "Were a wicked audience." I cringed. Very inappropriate, in my opinion. Looking at it in a more charitable way, she is very young and may just need more experience in this type of event.

On the positive side, we had a fabulous meal at Le Cellier and absolutely loved the music. It was beautiful and cast such a wonderful glow on the evening. Even my 9 year old son was taken in by it.

We went Thu Dec 8 to the 6:45 show. It seemed to me that Jaci Velasquez' voice was just about shot -- she sounded hoarse like she could barely talk. So I'm willing to cut her some slack. I just hope she didn't have any concerts scheduled for the near future.

My only problem with her is that she can't spell her own name. If she wants to be called "Jackie" then she should use that spelling, or Jaki, or Jacqui, or whatever. But Jaci should sound like "Jaycee". Oh well....

We went to the 6:45 CP on Saturday, December 3rd. Haley Joel Osment was the narrator and he was just ok. I saw Jim Caviezel at last year's CP and all I can say is "WOW!" He was so amazing that I really don't think anyone could have topped him. He was so moving and brought many to tears in the audience last year. He was the highlight of my 2004 Disney trip. Poor Haley Joel, he was just no Jim Caviezel.

For all of you who will see Jim C. later in the month, you are in for a treat! He is wonderful! :cloud9:

We purchased the dinner package for 12/19/05. We have ADR for LeCellier
@6:10pm and tickets for the 8:15pm show. Does anyone see a problem with having enough time to eat and get to the show on time? How early do we need to be in line for the candlelight processional? Also does anyone know if we need to pick up dinner package (voucher?) I remember reading somewhere about this but Disney didn't mention it when we made reservations. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter