ºoº "Epcot's Candlelight Processional 2005 F.A.Q. & Information,let's share our info.

colby&connorsmom said:
We purchased the dinner package for 12/19/05. We have ADR for LeCellier
@6:10pm and tickets for the 8:15pm show. Does anyone see a problem with having enough time to eat and get to the show on time? How early do we need to be in line for the candlelight processional? Also does anyone know if we need to pick up dinner package (voucher?) I remember reading somewhere about this but Disney didn't mention it when we made reservations. Thanks!

Kim, You should have plenty of time to eat and get in line for the 8:15 CP (we'll be at that one too - maybe we'll see you there! :goodvibes ) You should try to be in line somewhere around 7:30. But don't worry because you'll get in since you're doing the dinner pkg.

As far as picking up your voucher - if you're staying at a WDW resort, Guest Services should have it for you. Otherwise, I believe Guest Services @ Epcot will have it.

We just decided TODAY that we will be at epcot on Dec 26th.
1.How long does the CP last ?
2. Of the three showings that day, what one might be the least busy?
3. Without a CP dining package, how long in advance should we line up to get seats?

4. Would this show interest a 5 and 8 year old?
5. If we were to watch the latest showing (8:15pm) will we be able to see the fireworks (9:30 pm) from where the show is being held?

Sorry, so many ?s. I haven't been to Epcot since 1980.

Thank you.
Suzy V

Laura,
Thanks for the reply. I can't wait!!! We leave for Disney 12/16/2005! I see your from GA also! Maybe we will see you at the show!!!

colby&connorsmom said:
@6:10pm and tickets for the 8:15pm show. Does anyone see a problem with having enough time to eat and get to the show on time? How early do we need to be in line for the candlelight processional? Also does anyone know if we need to pick up dinner package (voucher?) I remember reading somewhere about this but Disney didn't mention it when we made reservations. Thanks!

It depends on what time you are seated. I think being in line by 7:45 will be fine unless you are picky about your seat. That means you need to be out of the restaurant by 7:30. Le Cellier sometimes runs quite a bit behind. If you're seated within 30 minutes of your reservation you should be alright, otherwise it may be somewhat of a rush. Be sure to tell your server you need to make the 8:15 performance.

Bad News: There was a HUGE block of seats (looked like 200-300) that was roped off in the front right section that CP package guests could not use. I assume it was for families of performers, and that's OK. But it's somewhat irritating to pay extra for a reserved seat and still find so many seats unavailable to you.

Good News: We didn't actually pay extra! Because the dinner price at Garden Grill increased dramatically between the time we prepaid and when we ate, our CP package price was actually $5 less than what we would have paid that night without the package, assuming 15% tip.

We just got home on Monday and saw Eartha Kitt on Sat. night. We all thought she did a wonderful job! She told everyone that she had such a great time last year that she invited herself back this year, then at the end of the show, she said she had so much fun she's inviting herself back for next year! We ate a FANTASTIC meal at LeCellier at 5:30 and had plenty of time before the 8:15 show. Definately a highlight of this trip!

riu girl,

1. Last Sunday night it lasted 52 min

2. The CM told us the 6:45 show is the busiest. So that narrows it down to two.

3. On Sat the standby line started lining up at 3:45 PM for the 5 PM show. But Sat is a very popular night for the show. We had the package and lined up 35 min before.

4. Depends on your kids. There were not a lot of kids at the show. But even the ones fussing during the wait, were quiet and soothed by the music and story during the show. (or asleep :wizard: )

5. Not really from "where" the show is being held. You would have to leave the theater and find a spot around the lagoon to view the fireworks. I have never viewed from that side so I'm not sure how good the viewing is. Maybe someone will jump in here and share some good spots around or not far from America.

Go if you can. It is a wonderful performance and memorable experience.

erikthewise said:
Bad News: There was a HUGE block of seats (looked like 200-300) that was roped off in the front right section that CP package guests could not use. I assume it was for families of performers, and that's OK. But it's somewhat irritating to pay extra for a reserved seat and still find so many seats unavailable to you.
I just wanted to make you aware that while directors of the participating groups have reserved seating (up to two directors per group), Disney is very clear about not providing reserved seating for families of performers or chaperones.

I bring my high school choir each year to participate in Candlelight, so I'm pretty familiar with the inner workings. We are required to remain backstage with our group during the pre-performance rehearsal, so without reserved seating for directors, we would be unable to see the performance ourselves.

Hope that clears things up.

Shanan said:
I saw Jaci Vasquez (sp?) on Thursday night and she was absolutely horrible. I had never heard of her before I went. She lost her place at least 3 times, she was too worried about flipping her hair, etc. My friend that went with me had seen Rita Moreno the first night and absolutely loved her. I was complaining about Jaci while we were walking when several other guests started complaining also. One guest said that she was going to stop at guest relations and ask WDW never to let Jaci do the Candlelight Processional. I did buy the CD so that I could listen to a decent Candlelight. I did love the music and thought the sign language interpreter was unbelievable. Unfortunately, Jaci was absolutely horrible.

I was there that night as well at the 8:15 show! I totally agree with you -- she did a terrible job!

colby&connorsmom said:

We have the dinner package at LeCellier for the same day!!! Ours is at 5:20 pm.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY said:
We just got home on Monday and saw Eartha Kitt on Sat. night. We all thought she did a wonderful job! She told everyone that she had such a great time last year that she invited herself back this year, then at the end of the show, she said she had so much fun she's inviting herself back for next year! We ate a FANTASTIC meal at LeCellier at 5:30 and had plenty of time before the 8:15 show. Definately a highlight of this trip!

Were you able to watch Illuminations after the CP?

We saw Eartha Kitt on Monday night at the 8:15 show. Thought she did a fabulous job. We ate at the Biergarten at 5:45 and were in line about 7:30. I was a bit nervous as we were past Japan and almost at Morocco in line but we had great seats about half way back in the theatre.

We also really enjoyed our meal at Beirgarten and will go back. After the show ended there were still lots of great spots for Illuminations.

We were at WDW for 13 days, right after Thanksgiving and through to 12/08. We travel there every year during this time frame. We had the opportunity to see Rita Moreno, Phil Donahue and Hayley Joel Osment. All three gave very different performances. Ms. Moreno was animated and excited in her narrating. Mr. Donahue was less so but we enjoyed his narration. His politics irritate my husband and me but we enjoyed him, nevertheless. Hayley Joel was well spoken and the words flowed well. I was surprised at his composure and we enjoyed his narration. I agree, the signers are awesome!! We saw the lady once and the young man twice. We waited in the stand-by line, each time and received very good seats, all three times. I asked a performer that we know, Collin Raye, how a celebrity gets involved in this wonderful performance. He (Collin) filled in for someone three years ago. He told us that one must be invited by Disney, to perform, and that he would love to do so again. Perhaps Disney should look into their narrators before they are invited (Jaci, in point). We would love to hear Collin again. Also, Jim Cavezal was outstanding, last year. We saw him three straight nights. I would love the opportunity to see Gary Sinese but, unfortunately, we are never there over Christmas day. Does anyone know when the last performance will be held. I'll be back on 1/04 and would love for my sister to hear Candlelight. Merry Christmas!!

I believe 12/30 is the last Candlelight performance. We'll be seeing Marlee Matlin and Jim Caviezel next week. Can't wait!!! :banana:

RachelTori said:
I believe 12/30 is the last Candlelight performance. We'll be seeing Marlee Matlin and Jim Caviezel next week. Can't wait!!! :banana:

Will be there Monday night for Marlee Maitlin....really looking forward to it

We were there on Friday and we saw Jaci Velasquez(sp?) and she was awful. It was our first time experiencing CP and we were really disappointed. I'm glad we didn't buy the dining package and just used the stand by line. The music was wonderful, a really beautiful show. But she was boring and squeaking and showed no emotion at all. Originally, we were supposed to have Jim Caviezel. Boy, do I wish they hadn't changed the schedule. We had seats about centerstage 3/4's the way back for the last show. I'd be willing to give it another try but I don't think the rest of my family would.

We Jaci on Wednesday Dec. 7th, the 5pm show. I thought she was good. She seemed animated to me. We have never seen anyone else though. Maybe she was worn out later in the week? She also sung sometimes with the choir.

thepianoman said:
I just wanted to make you aware that while directors of the participating groups have reserved seating (up to two directors per group), Disney is very clear about not providing reserved seating for families of performers or chaperones.

I bring my high school choir each year to participate in Candlelight, so I'm pretty familiar with the inner workings. We are required to remain backstage with our group during the pre-performance rehearsal, so without reserved seating for directors, we would be unable to see the performance ourselves.

Hope that clears things up.

I just got back from WDW Saturday morning.

I had a great time. Phil Donohue and the guy from that new Pentagon TV show were both great.

I am sorry to hear about the bad experiences.

On Wednesday night, December 14, 2005, I attended the 8:15 P.M. Candlelight Processional and saw the Pentagon TV show guy. Sorry, no windows for my WebTV to look for a name without losing what I have written.

I was at the very front of the line and all six rows of the regular reserved benches that are under cover were blocked off what was described as "white ticket" V.I.P.'s and "gold ticket" V.I.P.'s.

The white ticket VIP's that I talked to were all school chaperones and a school choral director and a school association president. I was able to get a seat at the center, end seat, and watched everyone that was VIP enter the middle section that was roped off.

When I first entered, they directed all of the Candlelight Processional Package ticket holders to sit three rows back from what the rows of 7,8, and 9 of the uncovered seats, but most people ended up sitting there.

I only saw 4 people with CP badges in the 6th row, but they may have been VIP's too that just bought a CP ticket that night.

I don't know what the gold ticket VIP's were.

I guess that this was a one time thing for the night.

At the Phil Donohue CP night I saw what looked like over a hundred suit and ties and tuxes enter from the middle to be seated in the first six rows, but there were still seats on the end for CP ticket holders.

I thought this was unusual, but I must have hit the unusual times this year.

And this was the first time in years that I saw so many seats taken by VIP's.

I waited in line very early to take pictures, and I asked many waiting for a castmember to let the rope down to let them in the center section of the front six rows.

They had the ends of the six rows roped off too.

What was unusual this time was that all CP ticket holders were not allowed to enter the front six rows on the ends, too.

We were all directed to walk all the way accross to the far end of the theater between the 6th and 7th rows, where there is a walkway and not to sit in the 7,8, and 9 rows either. That didn't happen as people started coming down to sit in rows 7,8, and nine, but not the roped off VIP areas of the first six rows of covered seats.

Very unusual, I thought.

Sincerely, Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!