ºoº "Epcot's Candlelight Processional 2005 F.A.Q. & Information,let's share our info.

Well it sounds like maybe it isn't so unusual at all, Ray. It happened to you both times you went, and it happened to us the one time we went. Anyone else?

I think I will indulge in a little paranoia and suggest that WDW is making a habit of reserving seats for large groups on a regular basis. The effect on CP package guests may not be that great as (like Cirque du Soleil) seats up front are not necessarily better than seats further back. It IS somewhat irritating that paying for your seat still puts you behind one or more groups who are "VIPs" or just plain large groups. It's more of an issue when it's raining, as the reserved seats took up most of what was available under the roof.

But the larger issue is that it sounds like there may be a lot less open seating for Epcot guests than there has been in the past.

dsneygirl said:
We saw Eartha Kitt on Monday night at the 8:15 show. Thought she did a fabulous job. We ate at the Biergarten at 5:45 and were in line about 7:30. I was a bit nervous as we were past Japan and almost at Morocco in line but we had great seats about half way back in the theatre.

We also really enjoyed our meal at Beirgarten and will go back. After the show ended there were still lots of great spots for Illuminations.

Except for waiting in line, we fooled around and barely made it in to get a reserved seat, this could have been written by us. We had a great time/meal at Biergarten, and we enjoyed Eartha Kitt at this show!

We watched Illuminations from a lower area that I think is sometimes reserved for special occasion guests, I think it was close to France. Great show!

Bobbi :flower:

I also was there on Friday the 9th for Jaci Valesquez, for the 5:15 show. I don't think she was awful, I think she was unexperienced. She said something like, "He was in a manger because (as you know) there was no room at the inn."

The long trumpets were in a different place for this show, they were lined up by the tree, not 3 on each side, does anyone know why?

bobbiwoz said:
Except for waiting in line, we fooled around and barely made it in to get a reserved seat, this could have been written by us. We had a great time/meal at Biergarten, and we enjoyed Eartha Kitt at this show!

We watched Illuminations from a lower area that I think is sometimes reserved for special occasion guests, I think it was close to France. Great show!

We watched Illuminations from the same place. :) We probably saw you there.

I got to see Haley Joel Osment and Cicely Tyson,I really enjoyed Cicely Tyson's performance,she was really seemed to enjoy being there and sang along with the chorus on many songs,her performance was flawless and there were moments her narration brought tears to my eyes. :)

We just got back and saw Harry Hamlin. I never knew who he was so I wasn't sure what to expect, but the performance was beautiful! He wasn't anything out of the ordinary as far as I'm concerned, but he had a great voice for the narration and did an excellent job!

We saw Eartha Kitt on the 12th. She walked right by me, inches away, twice but darned I did not have my camera ready and her regal persona precluded my bothering her. I was thrilled to see her in person anyway.

I did not get the package as we had before and found that the stand by line was much smaller than the reserved section. The gentleman who was organizing things told me that the stand by line if often seated first and that the sound is better from further back. Not sure if that is true, but the sound part sounds right. They let the reserved people in first that night and then we were seated midway but with a tree and a pole in our view. Not great for taking pictures but was alright for actually seeing the program.

When the program was nearly ready to start the ropes in the reserved section were dropped and many moved to the better seats. Seemed to me that those seats were better than the reserved or the stand by.

The first shows were fuller while the later shows seemed as if you could walk in at the last minute pretty much. We left before the big holiday crowds arrived so things might be different then.

A great time was had by all and the roads were clear both coming and going so it was a magical trip while the weather back here was awful. Could not have timed it better if I had had a crystal ball.

Slightly Goofy

We just spent a wonderful week at WDW! Saw Marlee Matlin on 12/19 -- WOW! She was awesome! The passion with which she 'signed' was incredible.

Then, on 12/22 we saw Jim Caviezel. He was beyond wonderful!!! My DD12 was exhausted when we first got there and by the end of the show, she was WIDE awake and not in any hurry to leave! What an incredible experience!!

We saw Eartha Kitt, and completely enjoyed her. The gold badges were convention people, from what we overheard. We mistakenly went to that area because I had read here that we would be sitting under the overhang if we had the package, and were turned away. There were two gentlemen sitting on a handicapped bench (one had an ECV) who probably noticed that my husband doesn't move with ease, so they invited us to sit with them. That put us on the first row behind the "preferred" seating, so I could hear the CM's talking, and they were asking people if they were with a convention (and if so, allowing them past the ropes, if not, sending them to the other seating).

We were entranced by the guest conductor and her energy. She was GREAT!

We were fortunate enough to be able to sit up close to see Eartha Kitt and she was very good. I believe the convention group you mentioned was actually the Democratic Florida convention, they were everyone in the monorail hotels Thurs-Sunday. We had our CP on Monday so missed the big group reserved seating.

Nancy

We went on Dec 19th and our narrator was Marlee Matlin. It was amazing. She was a wonderfully inspiring narrator and very expressive.

I was going to buy the CD but forgot before leaving WDW. Argh.

IMG_5703-resized.jpg

IMG_5715-resized.jpg

we seen Phil Donohue and he was a perfect fit for the reading. Also the dinner vip seating paid of BIG. It poured for about 30 mins during the show but with the VIP seating we set in the 3rd row. I really felt bad for the ones getting rained on. After wards no more rain, fireworks were great. I was going to upload a picture but i dont know how.

We saw Jim Caviezel on Christmas Eve and the CP was awesome and so moving!

Mr. Caviezel was very passionate and got choked up a couple of times. He mentioned The Passion of the Christ a couple of times. At first, I thought it was a little self-serving, but I wonder if he just thinks of the movie as his own mission to get the message out. He made a good point about thanking Disney for keeping the Christian perspective in the CP, and he got lots of applause for that.

My daughter and I went back on Christmas Day to try to see John Stamos (she is 11 and a BIG "Full House" fan! :) ). We did not get a seat, but saw him from the turkey leg stand, and then listened to the rest. I can't wait to go next year!

kath1210 said:
My daughter and I went back on Christmas Day to try to see John Stamos (she is 11 and a BIG "Full House" fan! :) ). We did not get a seat, but saw him from the turkey leg stand, and then listened to the rest. I can't wait to go next year!

I saw John Stamos last night at the 6:45PM show. I was able to get in with the last group. I was in the back, to the right and had a very good view. It was very good. He was very appreciative of the warm response given to him by the crowd.

We saw Harry Hamilin on the 16th and it was wonderful! I had high expectations of the CP and it surpassed anything I could have imagined! I will be emailing Disney to thank them for keeping Christ in Christmas at Epcot! I want them to know that it is important to me. I posted on another thread how much I enjoyed the sign language interpretuer (sp?). She was so full of joy and expressed the emotions of the songs and scripture beautifully! Le Cellier was awsome, too!

kath1210 said:
We saw Jim Caviezel on Christmas Eve and the CP was awesome and so moving!

Mr. Caviezel was very passionate and got choked up a couple of times. He mentioned The Passion of the Christ a couple of times. At first, I thought it was a little self-serving, but I wonder if he just thinks of the movie as his own mission to get the message out. He made a good point about thanking Disney for keeping the Christian perspective in the CP, and he got lots of applause for that.

We saw him the 23rd (his first day). He actually had to stop at one point he was so choked up. He so got into the show and was woohooing at one point after the one very upbeat song. He ended the performance with telling everyone that his 5 year old and wife were in the audience and he was very nervous since his son was there watching. He also did the "thank you" (which I thought was a little inappropriate) from "Mel Gibson and myself would like to thank you for supporting Passion of the Christ". He did also thank Disney for keeping the true meaning in Christmas with the show.

I had no expectations as I wasn't familiar with any of his work, but thought that he was extraordinary!

We saw John Stamos on Christmas at the 8:15 show. He did make some mistakes but he was so genuinely thrilled to be there that you couldn't help but love him. My 19 year old daughter was so excited to see him.
It was a great show!

We missed Jim Cavezal this year because his schedule was changed to accomodate the absence of Gary Sinese. We saw him last year, twice, and it sounds as though he mirrored last years' performance with mention of the "Passion" statements. You may think it inappropriate but, remember, nothing gets by Disney. I am sure his statements had to have been cleared and approved by them. I thought his performance, last year, was extraordinary!!

mama22 said:
I was there on Wednesday and I absolutely agree. I originally schedule my trip around my Dec. 7 Jim Chevizel CP ressie and when they changed it to Jaci it was too late to change things around. I thought I would give her a try, but boy was I dissappointed. She stumbled a couple of times then just laughed- definitely very unprofessional. :confused3

As a musical performer (not the same as a musician), you'd think she could have at least listened to the arrangements a few times. She kept trying to sing and was clueless to the arrangement. She read in lines instead of complete sentences, flipped her hair (a LOT), and kept "boogy-ing" (as DDs put it). VERY disappointing after "signing up" for Jim Caviezel. I am so glad I had signed us up for a 2nd CP w/ Eartha Kitt. She was fabulous and moved us to tears.

I know this might be a lot to ask, but I was wondering if anyone here possibly videotaped John Stamos doing the CP? If any kind person here did, could you please PM me? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts