ºoº "Epcot's Candlelight Processional 2005 F.A.Q. & Information,let's share our info.

goofy4tink said:
And yes, there are a ton of us older WDW lovers. I first went to WDW when I turned 50!!!! I'm trying to make up for lost time. See you all at the various meets....especially Ray's!!

We are all children at heart at WDW, aren't we?

I can't wait to meet you and everyone.

Sincerely, Ray :)

KristineN said:
I know this thread is about the candelight processional...but just curious...how is that Osbourne family light display at MGM?

Kristine

Hi, kristine. I love MGM's Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights.

Here is my take.

The first time that I wanted to see them, I lined up early for the ~6:00 P.M.. So was everyone else.

It was body to body people almost all of the way through.

Very tough for small ones to see over adults and much to crowded to relax and enjoy.

Afterwards, I planned on seeing the 7:00 P.M. Fantasmic show on the opposite side of the MGM park. So did everyone else.

When I got to Fantasmic...late...it was standing room only, and I was tired. Also very hard for little ones to see if standing behind adults.

If you don't want to see Fantasmic, I would say go to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights 7:00 P.M. when everyone else is at the Fantasmic show.

I like the Fantasmic show, so I go to the 7:00 P.M. Fantasmic show.

Afterwards, everyone goes to see the Osborne lights and it is bumper to bumper people.

But everyone is tired after being up all day and they walk through with the crowd like after work traffic on the expressway.

I would wait awhile to exit Fantasmic, then take my time walking down the street and people or store window watch to allow as many of the crowd go by.

I'll stop by the large Mickey Sorcerer's Hat and help people take pictures, and make my way to the Osborne lights.

The crowd is coming out appear to be dragging tired after a long hard day and then just getting out of traffic of crowds.

By the time that I get there, it was about 8:45 to 9:00 P.M..

I could easily walk from side to side and see all of the wonderful lights and take my time until they decide to close.

On the way out of the almost empty park, stop by the Mickey Sorcerer's Hat and take pictures with no one around.

And you don't have to wait for a bus either, because the crowd is gone.

But be careful if you need to use the boat launch, because they really do stop making trips about an hour and a half after official park closing. And the park on that night close at 7:00 P.M. But that is for the rides, restaurants. Not for Fantasmic, or Osborne Lights, or some stores after Fantasmic show.

On a very rare occassion. Ususally only once in two weeks that I saw. A special company or group or convention will rent the time to use Osborne Lights after Fantasmic. During this very rare time, those leaving Fantasmic show are directed away and to the exits.

I usually don't know about it until after it happens. But it did happen to me once several years ago, and I was very disappointed.

I guess that you could ask when you get to the park that day.

RaySharpton said:
Hi, kristine. I love MGM's Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights.

Here is my take.

The first time that I wanted to see them, I lined up early for the ~6:00 P.M.. So was everyone else.

It was body to body people almost all of the way through.

Very tough for small ones to see over adults and much to crowded to relax and enjoy.

Afterwards, I planned on seeing the 7:00 P.M. Fantasmic show on the opposite side of the MGM park. So did everyone else.

When I got to Fantasmic...late...it was standing room only, and I was tired. Also very hard for little ones to see if standing behind adults.

If you don't want to see Fantasmic, I would say go to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights 7:00 P.M. when everyone else is at the Fantasmic show.

I like the Fantasmic show, so I go to the 7:00 P.M. Fantasmic show.

Afterwards, everyone goes to see the Osborne lights and it is bumper to bumper people.

But everyone is tired after being up all day and they walk through with the crowd like after work traffic on the expressway.

I would wait awhile to exit Fantasmic, then take my time walking down the street and people or store window watch to allow as many of the crowd go by.

I'll stop by the large Mickey Sorcerer's Hat and help people take pictures, and make my way to the Osborne lights.

The crowd is coming out appear to be dragging tired after a long hard day and then just getting out of traffic of crowds.

By the time that I get there, it was about 8:45 to 9:00 P.M..

I could easily walk from side to side and see all of the wonderful lights and take my time until they decide to close.

On the way out of the almost empty park, stop by the Mickey Sorcerer's Hat and take pictures with no one around.

And you don't have to wait for a bus either, because the crowd is gone.

But be careful if you need to use the boat launch, because they really do stop making trips about an hour and a half after official park closing. And the park on that night close at 7:00 P.M. But that is for the rides, restaurants. Not for Fantasmic, or Osborne Lights, or some stores after Fantasmic show.

On a very rare occassion. Ususally only once in two weeks that I saw. A special company or group or convention will rent the time to use Osborne Lights after Fantasmic. During this very rare time, those leaving Fantasmic show are directed away and to the exits.

I usually don't know about it until after it happens. But it did happen to me once several years ago, and I was very disappointed.

I guess that you could ask when you get to the park that day.

Sounds like a hassle to me (squeezing in both) Do you think we should just skip Fantasmic? I have a DS6 and DD1.5 and I've heard they may be too young for it anyway? Advise?

erikthewise said:
I'll be a little more direct than some others -- you will be doing well indeed just to get to CP on time -- if you watch the tree lighting ceremony you will be late.

We also have a CP package at Garden Grill, and our dinner is at 4:30, as it was in 2002. That night we after leaving dinner we were passing the Christmas tree right around 6:00. DW wanted to stay and watch the tree lighting ceremony, but I insisted we move on -- she was miffed. But we ended up sitting down in the amphitheater at 6:23, just seven minutes before the seats reserved for package guests were opened up to public.

You need to be in your seats before 6:30. If you are fast walkers you could leave the restaurant as late as 6:15 and take the side path that avoids Showcase Plaza. But that's cutting things close -- you should really leave no later than 6:05. That may make your dinner kind of rushed. I'm surprised they would give you package reservation at 5:00. I strongly suggest calling back and seeing if you can get something earlier. If not, show up at 4:45 anyway.

Oh, and DO NOT take the boat across the lake! It's very tempting, and we made this mistake in 2002. The boat will sit there forever waiting for additional passengers. If it doesn't actually make you late, it will drive you nuts!

The tree ceremony is not a must for us...I just thought it would be nice if there was time. I was given the 5:00 p.m. time by Disney, so I guess they thought there was enough time. I will be doing this the Monday after Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping for a small crowd anyway.... ;) . But, I will try to show up a little early for the dinner res. My kids are older, so we can walk fairly quickly ( no little ones to slow down for...)

Thanks for the advice.

May 2001-All Star Sports
July 2003-CSR
Nov/Dec 2005-Wilderness Lodge :cheer2: :cheer2:

Can I use my DDE card for 20% my Candlelight Processional dining package at Le Cellier? :confused3 Just wondering if I needed to call back and have the discount applied?

mcbj said:
Sounds like a hassle to me (squeezing in both) Do you think we should just skip Fantasmic? I have a DS6 and DD1.5 and I've heard they may be too young for it anyway? Advise?

I like going to Fantasmic and then taking my time leaving the Fantasmic show as everyone makes a mad dash to Osborne. Then I can enjoy the Osborne lights without the huge crowds.

If you didn't want to see Fantasmic, then go after 7:00 P.M., but before Fantasmic is over.

MAGICX2 said:
Can I use my DDE card for 20% my Candlelight Processional dining package at Le Cellier? :confused3 Just wondering if I needed to call back and have the discount applied?

Nope. Wouldn't that be nice to get an extra 20% off the package? You can get 20% off a meal, but not off of the package.

I am seriously thinking about cancelling one of my nights, and just keeping one. I know that I can use my 20% off a meal on the non-package night and then I could just stand in the standby line to watch the CP.

I'm going to have our 4 month DD with us at the CP and I was wondering if there is a place in the back of the theater where I could go with her if she starts to fuss? She's usually a happy baby but if she would start to cry, I wouldn't want to disturb those around us. We plan to sit at the end of a row so I could leave if necessary. But will I have to completely leave the theater or could I walk around in back until she calms down and then return to my seat? Thanks!!

Wowzers!! This is quite the thread :flower:
I tried to go through most of the pages to find an answer to my question....but I didn't see it. So forgive me if this has already been asked.
We will probably be one of the few on this thread who will attempt the standby line. We have plans to eat at Beaches and Cream the night we go to Epcot and enter through the IG.

My question is.....is it incredibly taboo (or against Disney's standby policy) for my DH and I to go ahead and save a spot in line for my parents and our 3 year who can't walk as fast as we can?

cindybelle said:
Wowzers!! This is quite the thread :flower:
I tried to go through most of the pages to find an answer to my question....but I didn't see it. So forgive me if this has already been asked.
We will probably be one of the few on this thread who will attempt the standby line. We have plans to eat at Beaches and Cream the night we go to Epcot and enter through the IG.

My question is.....is it incredibly taboo (or against Disney's standby policy) for my DH and I to go ahead and save a spot in line for my parents and our 3 year who can't walk as fast as we can?

I wouldn't claim to know how CMs would interpret this. In an attraction queue, I would see this as a form of line-jumping. Not the worst kind, but line-jumping nonetheless. Seems to me the proper thing to do is enter the line together if you wish to wait together.

Since Beaches & Cream is open continuously from 11AM to whenever, if you want to get in line earlier all you need to do is eat earlier.

Thank you, Cindybelle! :flower3: I hope I wasn't too abrupt.

It is a somewhat ambiguous situation. Sometimes it annoys me, and sometimes I don't mind at all. But why take the chance?

I've heard that the easiest show to get into from the standby line is the 5:00 show. Don't know if it's true though. Anyone know for sure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter