ºoº "Epcot's Candlelight Processional 2005 F.A.Q. & Information,let's share our info.

mom_rules said:
Would someone be able to tell me how hard it might be to add a 5th person to our CP package? We already have 4 going but might need to add another.

I would call ASAP. I'm sure it depends on the restaurant, day, etc .... but you're almost assuredly taking up a "4-top" table right now, and an additional person would be an entirely different table need (as far as the restaurants are concerned). We tried to get an ADR, but since we are five, the tables weren't available when/where we wanted. We offered to "squeeze in" at a 4-top, but they wouldn't let us.

You may totally luck out and there could be cancellations or openings for what you are interested in, but I would call AS SOON as you know you'll need the 5th seat. Good luck!!!

mom_rules said:
Would someone be able to tell me how hard it might be to add a 5th person to our CP package? We already have 4 going but might need to add another.

Hi, mom_rules. I had a hard time just getting a table for one at Le Cellier on the very first day that WDW opened reservations for CP.

You could try getting a CP package for one person at the same restaurant, same day, and as close to the same time as your four person table as you can.

Then when you arrive, they can probably put you all together. After all, you would now have two tables. And I'm sure that they would be happy to help you since you already have a table. They don't assign spaces until you get there. But they don't always have a physical space unless you have a reservation.

The problem is being able to find the right time and same restaurant. It won't hurt to try and call.

Good luck.

Sincerely, Ray :)

If I catch the 8:15 PM CP, will I be done and out in time to watch the fireworks?

Thanks.

boswellnakia said:
If I catch the 8:15 PM CP, will I be done and out in time to watch the fireworks?

Thanks.

Yes. The Illuminations start at 9:30 P.M..

That is unless you are planning on dining with the CP package after the 8:15 P.M. show. If this is the case, maybe making a restaurant ADR with a view of the lagoon and fireworks, and hope that you get to sit where you can see them. I am sure that you could leave your table, if you ask the server, to see the show and then finish dining.

Can someone tell me if this event is more crowded the 1st or second week in Dec?

Thanks!!

KristineN said:
Can someone tell me if this event is more crowded the 1st or second week in Dec?

Thanks!!

Hi, KristineN. I can only speak in generalities and just from my personal experiences.

I have found that the first Monday, and Tuesday after the weekend after Thanksgiving, the parks always seem to be very empty.

I sometimes wonder if this is because most people that work during the week end their Thankgiving week vacation on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and everyone flies home.

As the week continues the parks fill up more and are more crowded, but not full.

And by Friday, the parks really start to fill up.

This could all change this year thought.

This is my theory:

1. I think that the Monday and Tuesday after Thanksgiving Weekend are the very slowest days, and then picking up each day after that.

2. I think Epcot might be slower on MVMCP nights because more people are at MVMCP.

3. I think that Friday and Saturday and some Sundays can be the busiest nights just because it is the weekend and the local Floridians can visit after the busy Thanksgiving weekend. The kids are out of school on the weekends. Normal weekday workers are off for the weekend. And I'm sure the local Floridians would want to see all of the decorations at WDW.

4. Despite the terrible Katrina hurricane effect on many families in the S.E., many people have not vacationed since September 11, 2001 because of many reasons. I think that every year since the tragedy, more and more people want to vacation and are able to afford to vacation in WDW at this time of the year. Just look at how they have extended the weeks that they will celelbrate the Food and Wine Festival, and the Mickey Halloween Party. And then there was that free dining package that got everyone to visit WDW. Next year the calendar changes so that there will be even more days in November after Thanksgiving to celelbrate the WDW holidays.

I always go the first two weeks after Thanksgiving, and this has been my experiences.

Just go with expectations of having fun and going with the flow and plan accordingly to have fun.

These are just my thoughts.

Ray,

Thanks so much for the info!! Curious...what's your opinion on the impact of the Pop Warner group that comes the first week of December? Do you feel like it effects the crowd level in the parks? I have heard conflicting reports regarding this group...some say "avoid at all costs". Thoughts?

Thank you!

Kristine

KristineN said:
Ray,

Thanks so much for the info!! Curious...what's your opinion on the impact of the Pop Warner group that comes the first week of December? Do you feel like it effects the crowd level in the parks? I have heard conflicting reports regarding this group...some say "avoid at all costs". Thoughts?

Thank you!

Kristine

Your, welcome. To tell you the truth, I cannot count on one hand the number of incidences with Pop Warner Football or Cheerleader groups.

You might be more aware of them if you are staying at there resort, like All-Stars. But the only time that I can remember is when I was staying at All-Star Sports, facing the main courtyard and hearing kids later at night playing and laughing. But this was only unusual because most of the time it is much quieter. Another time later at night I heard some chearleading, but that didn't bother me either.

After all, this is WDW and is made for kids to have fun. I always enjoy laughter of kids, even when I am trying to sleep. I notice it for a while, but then I fall asleep easily. I usually had a busy day, too.

The only other time was with cheerleaders travelling in a group laughing and cheering, of course as they were touring WDW.

Some might think that are being rude, but I think that they are being kids and having fun.

They do travel in groups, so if you are waiting for a bus to anywhere, you may see a long line, but that is only if you are going where they are going. It's not like every single bus had long lines of cheerleaders going to all of the parks at the same time.

Other than that, they had no effect on me.

I actually wish that I had that much energy.

Go with the flow, remember what it is like to be a child and enjoy the magic.

And when you see a group of kids laughing and cheering and smiling...try and think how nice it must be to be a kid and to be able to spend time with your friends at WDW as a kid. I know that I wish that I could have. I didn't see WDW until I was 34.

And you can see by my previous post what I think about attendance in the first week after Thanksgiving weekend, which I consider the first week of December.

RaySharpton said:
And when you see a group of kids laughing and cheering and smiling...try and think how nice it must be to be a kid and to be able to spend time with your friends at WDW as a kid. I know that I wish that I could have. I didn't see WDW until I was 34.

What a sweetheart you are Ray! I really look forward to meeting you - my son & I will be at MVMCP on Dec 1. You are always so positive & upbeat. Your quote above brought tears to me eyes. The magic of Disney is great for all of us...but for the kids, well I can only imagine. I was 40 the first time I visited! When I was a kid there was only Disneyland which might as well have been on the moon since my parents both hated to travel. My siblings & I would watch 'The Wonderful World of Disney' every week & just dream... Can't believe I waited so long to visit Disney World. I'm trying to make up for lost time now, LOL.

Thanks for the lovely sentiment!!!

Jessica :wave:

Mickey's Sister said:
What a sweetheart you are Ray! I really look forward to meeting you - my son & I will be at MVMCP on Dec 1. You are always so positive & upbeat. Your quote above brought tears to me eyes. The magic of Disney is great for all of us...but for the kids, well I can only imagine. I was 40 the first time I visited! When I was a kid there was only Disneyland which might as well have been on the moon since my parents both hated to travel. My siblings & I would watch 'The Wonderful World of Disney' every week & just dream... Can't believe I waited so long to visit Disney World. I'm trying to make up for lost time now, LOL.

OMG, Jessica!! There really are others who grew up like me!! And this is the result: Totally Disney Obsessed and wouldn't have it any other way!! :goodvibes

RachelTori said:
OMG, Jessica!! There really are others who grew up like me!! And this is the result: Totally Disney Obsessed and wouldn't have it any other way!! :goodvibes

Yes, that certainly describes me!!! Glad to know there are other kindred spirits out there! :grouphug:

I just want to back up what Ray said about Pop Warner kids -- if you don't live with them (ie stay at the same resort), you may not see them at all. We have gone down this time of year for the last four years and I'm not sure if we have ever seen a Pop Warner group in the parks. If we did they certainly weren't a problem. Actually it would be nice to see a little more of them in the parks, but I guess they are pretty involved in what they're doing.

I was with the Pop kids at AllStarMusic in '03 and they weren't an issue at all. I never saw them in the parks, except for a Sat night at MGM. And that was only as I was leaving the park since they closed it early in order for the kids to have a private party. I saw a ton of kids and their families coming in as I left. But that was it. I wouldn't have any problem being there at the same time. In fact..they arrive the day I leave this year.
And yes, there are a ton of us older WDW lovers. I first went to WDW when I turned 50!!!! I'm trying to make up for lost time. See you all at the various meets....especially Ray's!!

MHTeacher said:
How does this sound? We booked the CP package for Nov.28....dinner at 5:00 at Garden Grill (We have picky eaters) and the CP at 6:45, and Illuminations at 9:30. Will we be able to see the tree lighting at 6:00 ?This will be our first evening at WDW and thought it sounded like an awesome way to get into the holiday spirit. :goodvibes

May 2001-All Star Sports
July 2003-CSR
Nov./Dec. 2005-WL :earsgirl: (Me) :earsboy: (DH) princess: (DD9) princess: (DD11)

I'll be a little more direct than some others -- you will be doing well indeed just to get to CP on time -- if you watch the tree lighting ceremony you will be late.

We also have a CP package at Garden Grill, and our dinner is at 4:30, as it was in 2002. That night we after leaving dinner we were passing the Christmas tree right around 6:00. DW wanted to stay and watch the tree lighting ceremony, but I insisted we move on -- she was miffed. But we ended up sitting down in the amphitheater at 6:23, just seven minutes before the seats reserved for package guests were opened up to public.

You need to be in your seats before 6:30. If you are fast walkers you could leave the restaurant as late as 6:15 and take the side path that avoids Showcase Plaza. But that's cutting things close -- you should really leave no later than 6:05. That may make your dinner kind of rushed. I'm surprised they would give you package reservation at 5:00. I strongly suggest calling back and seeing if you can get something earlier. If not, show up at 4:45 anyway.

Oh, and DO NOT take the boat across the lake! It's very tempting, and we made this mistake in 2002. The boat will sit there forever waiting for additional passengers. If it doesn't actually make you late, it will drive you nuts!

our kids will be 4 and 5 when we get to WDW. Is this show good for kids that age? My mom is desparate to go and goes every year. I'm just wondering what age is gear toward.

we have ADR at Marakesh set up for the night we're supposed to see it

Thank!!

Thanks for the info on the pop warner kids...I was having a slight moment of paranoia...I read some fairly negative posts regarding them & was hoping to get another side of things...which you guys have provided me!!

I have been saving & saving so we are planning on staying at the Poly.

I know this thread is about the candelight processional...but just curious...how is that Osbourne family light display at MGM?

Kristine

scubamouse said:
our kids will be 4 and 5 when we get to WDW. Is this show good for kids that age? My mom is desparate to go and goes every year. I'm just wondering what age is gear toward.

we have ADR at Marakesh set up for the night we're supposed to see it

Thank!!
IMHO, it is not geared for younger children. It is basically a re-telling of the Christmas story interspersed with hymns sung by a mass choir. It lasts about 45 minutes. Do your children do well in church? There is more to look at (lights, choir, orchestra) than in church, but the atmosphere is similar.

Best wishes-

Mickey's Sister said:

Hi, Jessica

I remember watching "The Wonderful World of Color" on TV, too. I was also shocked, wide-eyed, when I first saw the show on a color TV versus a black and white TV...wow!

I remember all those nights of Mr. Walt Disney showing the building of Disneyland, the parades, the ride attractions.

And, of course, "The Mickey Mouse Club" and "The Davy Crockett" TV series.

Yes, I am hooked on Disney...lol.

RachelTori said:

Me, too, Rachael, me, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter