ºoº "Epcot's Candlelight Processional 2005 F.A.Q. & Information,let's share our info.

Ursulashadow,
We are also attempting to do the Illuminations cruise and the CP dinner/show. We are eating at Le Cellier at 4:20 on Dec 16th. I am suprising my cousin and dd with a Birthday Cruise after the show! My cousin thinks all the specialty cruises were booked up. I just hope dh and stay up that long... he is an early riser and normally goes to bed by 8pm. He swears I was trying to kill him on our last trip (we were going from sun-up to late in the evening)!

WANNABE@WDW said:
Ursulashadow,
We are also attempting to do the Illuminations cruise and the CP dinner/show. We are eating at Le Cellier at 4:20 on Dec 16th. I am suprising my cousin and dd with a Birthday Cruise after the show! My cousin thinks all the specialty cruises were booked up. I just hope dh and stay up that long... he is an early riser and normally goes to bed by 8pm. He swears I was trying to kill him on our last trip (we were going from sun-up to late in the evening)!
I think my family thinks the same thing...that I'm trying to kill them! I just like to know that even though the parks are going to be impossibly crowded, and lines are likely to be prohibitive, there are going to be really special things we can look forward to, each and every day. Congrats on getting a specialty cruise...to both of us!

What is the seating like? Are they bench type seats or chairs? I was just wondering should I need to hold a seat for someone in my party.

Thanks! :earsboy:

Are they bench seats for all? We have the Dinner package and was told that we would have special seating. Is that bench also?

TIA

LoriDee said:
I understand how people feel about the switch. I was so bummed when Gary Sinise cancelled. But, I'm very excited that I get to see Jim Caviezel. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I hope Caviezel does a better job this year than he did last Christmas. He stumbled through the narration and was not one tenth as good as Rita Moreno was in 2003. The worst part was when he made reference to "The Passion of Christ" and Mel Gibson right in the middle of the program. It really detracted from the magic of the story.

How does this sound? We booked the CP package for Nov.28....dinner at 5:00 at Garden Grill (We have picky eaters) and the CP at 6:45, and Illuminations at 9:30. Will we be able to see the tree lighting at 6:00 ?This will be our first evening at WDW and thought it sounded like an awesome way to get into the holiday spirit. :goodvibes

May 2001-All Star Sports
July 2003-CSR
Nov./Dec. 2005-WL :earsgirl: (Me) :earsboy: (DH) princess: (DD9) princess: (DD11)

Towncrier said:
I hope Caviezel does a better job this year than he did last Christmas. He stumbled through the narration and was not one tenth as good as Rita Moreno was in 2003. The worst part was when he made reference to "The Passion of Christ" and Mel Gibson right in the middle of the program. It really detracted from the magic of the story.

Hey, John!!!!!!! It's great to hear from you again. I'll be going on my annual December WDW trip again to see all of the christmas lights.

Last May I stayed at BWV with rental points and with my new mobility scooter and I had the best time. If I wasn't so old, I'd buy DVC at Boardwalk.

I hope to see you soon. And as always, you and your family have been in my prayers.

Your friend always, Ray :)

Know I shouldn't complain, yet I will LOL...it was reported on AllEars that LeCellier has once again "tweaked" their menu - RibEye steaks will no longer be offered.:confused3Hear lobster is on it's way out too. LeCellier is my fav Epcot rest. & RibEye steaks our family fav.

IMO, this is fall out from the "free" dining plan. I'm not going to cancel my CP res, but it's becoming annoying that so many of the more expensive appetizers, entrees & desserts are suddenly disappearing from WDW menus.

MHTeacher said:
How does this sound? We booked the CP package for Nov.28....dinner at 5:00 at Garden Grill (We have picky eaters) and the CP at 6:45, and Illuminations at 9:30. Will we be able to see the tree lighting at 6:00 ?This will be our first evening at WDW and thought it sounded like an awesome way to get into the holiday spirit. :goodvibes

Hi MHTeacher. This sounds like you will have a magical time.

The Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony show starts about 6:00 P.M. and lasts about 15-20 minutes ending with the lighting of the christmas tree and lighting of the lights of Wonder arch.

You might pass the all the activity after dinner.

You have time to get your CP, but it depends on what your expectations are for CP sitting.

Some people line up for CP 45 minutes in advance to get their perceived favorite seat.

And about 5-10 minutes before the CP show starts they let the standby line enter and fill up all of the remaining seats.

The WDW Cast Members still direct people down to the reserved benches, but they may be more to the ends of the rows. And once the standby line is allowed to enter, they fill up any empty seats behind the reserved benches which are also very good seats in the middle.

Take you time, enjoy your dinner, enjoy your walk past the christmas tree and lights of wonder arch, and past all of the other countries until you get in CP, enjoy the magical show, enjoy the wonderful Illuminations, and and on your way out enjoy the christmas tree in all of it's glory and the dancing lights tuned to christmas music with the water fountains dancing in the distance with the Spaceship earth in the background.

I can't think of a better way to start your vacation.

Sincerely, Ray :)

keishashadow said:
Know I shouldn't complain, yet I will LOL...it was reported on AllEars that LeCellier has once again "tweaked" their menu - RibEye steaks will no longer be offered.:confused3Hear lobster is on it's way out too. LeCellier is my fav Epcot rest. & RibEye steaks our family fav.

IMO, this is fall out from the "free" dining plan. I'm not going to cancel my CP res, but it's becoming annoying that so many of the more expensive appetizers, entrees & desserts are suddenly disappearing from WDW menus.

I don't have menu prices in front of me, but why would they get rid of the rib-eye and not the filet?

MHteacher,

I think your dinner and CP show are a little too close together. You may have to run to the processional after eating dinner. They line up early and you should be there much ealier than when the show starts. Also sometimes they don't seat you right away at the restaurant and you could be in trouble. I know we had a 500 meal at year at Canada last year and the last show for the processional and we were towards the middle of the line to get in. Hope this is helpful/ I don't want to stress you out but it is better to know this now than the night of. Don't forgat to pick up your passes early. First time we went I almost forgot about them :rolleyes:

I would relax and not try to do so much in one night! JMO

ccgegg said:
I don't have menu prices in front of me, but why would they get rid of the rib-eye and not the filet?
14 oz New York Strip Steak $26.99
Muchroom Filet Mignon $27.99
7 oz Filet Mignon $26.99
20 oz Gilled Prime Ribeye $36.99
Herb Crusted Prime Rib $21.99

Pretty easy to see why they're dumping the Rib Eye, although I'm sure they'll PR it as to customer demand, etc.

Always order the cheese soup (yum!), but I notice they have a Gilled Beef Tenderloin Kabob, seasoned w/house chili rub, roasted tomato & navy bean relish - wonder if it's very spicy?

Someone posted on another thread ( I think this person worked there as well) that the reason was cooking time. It took too long for the rib eye to cook and people were waiting too long for their meals.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY said:
Someone posted on another thread ( I think this person worked there as well) that the reason was cooking time. It took too long for the rib eye to cook and people were waiting too long for their meals.
Good as excuse as any;) , must be a coincidence that it coincides w/onslaught of free dining/CP packages.

I know they need to turn over tables but, I'd wait all night for a good, thick RibEye; especially if they give me cheese soup to hold me over.

I just received the post card from Disney that Jim Caviezel will be at CP December 22-24 instead of 12/7. I'm unsure of what to do at this point. Dh & I wanted to attend CP when he would be there. Can we cancel or change our dinner reservations? I really didn't want to go to Epcot that close to Christmas.

Jane E. said:
I just received the post card from Disney that Jim Caviezel will be at CP December 22-24 instead of 12/7. I'm unsure of what to do at this point. Dh & I wanted to attend CP when he would be there. Can we cancel or change our dinner reservations? I really didn't want to go to Epcot that close to Christmas.

Hi, Jane. I see someone already answered your question.

ºoº What is the cancellation policy for Candlelight Processional Package? ºoº

ºoº Full refund 48 hours before the day of the Candlelight Processional show.

I also have a lot of CP FAQ answered on the first post, but it is O.K. to ask questions, too. I just mention this if others read this and would like to see the CP FAQ. I have tried to put the dates that changes were made, too. Like when narrators cancel or move their dates per WDW official site.

And just for everyone else, if you don't see an answer to your question, please let me know.

I tried to put the CP FAQ in order of how a newbie might ask questions.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Ray :)

Thank you, Ray, for responding to my post. After I calmed down I did go back and read the pertinent posts that were already on here. Thanks so much for keeping this thread updated.

Would someone be able to tell me how hard it might be to add a 5th person to our CP package? We already have 4 going but might need to add another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter