Will Stormalong Bay, Volcano, Uzima (or any other “main” pools) be available for DVC reservations starting 6/22?

I really hope at this point they will let people know about their plans for Stormalong Bay. Given all the limitations (which we are willing to accept), that would be a dealbreaker for us to have to just use the quiet pools.

What do you think will open at Saratoga Springs where it is all DVC?

That is a good question. My own opinion is that they know how many people are there, so you could see that all preferred go to one section like the Springs and all standard to Paddock....then only need to open those.

No need to open every single section if resort isn’t that full during the 3 week time before parks.

Even if they keep guests in rooms within one section, they could allow pools to be used in other sections when main pool reaches capacity.

I do believe SSR and OKW will be unique.

At BWV, the clown pool is on the dvc side, the boardwalk inn is in the other wing closer to Epcot which has the garden? pool. The pool by the community hall is pretty small, I would think it would be harder to socially distance there. They 'should' have both dvc pools open at BWV... whether they will is another matter. But I agree the volcano pool at Poly and stormalong Bay at beach club won't open until the hotel sides are open..they're both surrounded by the hotel buildings. I would think DVC would restrict pool hopping during this time due to limiting capacity as well.

The clown pool was there before they ever built DVC...unless I am mistaken,

I don’t think it is based on location of villas. it just depends how it’s run.

Again, this is what I was told by a source as to the current plan, Until someone checks in on June 22nd, or someone gets confirmation from Disney which pool or pools it will be, i was told to expect the hotel side pools open,

I will be at VGF on July 3rd and have no idea which pool would be open there if it is only one,

I think if one is going to BCV before BC or YC is open, be prepared to possibly not see SAB open at first.

We would definitely want access to SAB especially with no guarantee that we even get park reservations, and if we do, no park hopping and much shorter hours.

The clown pool was there before they ever built DVC...unless I am mistaken,

I don’t think it is based on location of villas. it just depends how it’s run.

Again, this is what I was told by a source as to the current plan, Until someone checks in on June 22nd, or someone gets confirmation from Disney which pool or pools it will be, i was told to expect the hotel side pools open,

I will be at VGF on July 3rd and have no idea which pool would be open there if it is only one,

I think if one is going to BCV before BC or YC is open, be prepared to possibly not see SAB open at first.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the BWV built as a DVC resort and Inn portion all built at the same time? I remember this resort being built when we stayed at the BC resort. If that is the case I don't see how you could say the clown pool was there before the DVC portion was built.

DVC at the BW has fairly large amount of rooms, if most of those rooms are occupied and there are no parks open I don't see how the quiet pool at the BW would be able to accommodate all the guest staying at that resort. That doesn't make sense to me...

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the BWV built as a DVC resort and Inn portion all built at the same time? I remember this resort being built when we stayed at the BC resort. If that is the case I don't see how you could say the clown pool was there before the DVC portion was built.

DVC at the BW has fairly large amount of rooms, if most of those rooms are occupied and there are no parks open I don't see how the quiet pool at the BW would be able to accommodate all the guest staying at that resort. That doesn't make sense to me...

That is why I said...if I am mistaken. i thought they opened different times I am reporting what has been shared with me, that was shared through a reliable source as the current plan.

No inn rooms are open June 22nd, and no one has a clue what level of occupancy will be there in DVC.

So, on June 22nd, we will have confirmed reports of which pool or pools are actually open

But, as of last week, the notion was only DVC pools will be open...

It seems to me that it will be more difficult to social distance- read more crowded pools- with this plan. We're there end of July after having to move our trip twice since April. This just might be the deal breaker for us. We'd already decided to chill at the resort and forgo the parks this trip. (We don't mind that and actually do it often, saving the parks for trips with our kids.) But this...changes everything.

It seems to me that it will be more difficult to social distance- read more crowded pools- with this plan. We're there end of July after having to move our trip twice since April. This just might be the deal breaker for us. We'd already decided to chill at the resort and forgo the parks this trip. (We don't mind that and actually do it often, saving the parks for trips with our kids.) But this...changes everything.

End of July parks will be open so I don’t think whatever plan is in place to start will necessarily be the one then,

Initially, the reports are things are being limited. Again, on June 22nd we will know for sure. But, anyone staying there before parks, should probably expect SAB being closed a real possibility.

I think one of the big reasons the big pools won't open, maybe not for a bit, is because they have formal lifeguards. While I suspect they staff the "quiet" pools to regulate distancing and capacity and not dragging the loungers around, that's different from having lifeguards.

How many of the lifeguards were DCP? My understanding is it's a pretty significant number.
How many of the remaining CMs who aren't normally lifeguards are certified, or able to become certified quickly? My guess, and this is pulled straight out of Pooh Corner, is not nearly enough.

I think one of the big reasons the big pools won't open, maybe not for a bit, is because they have formal lifeguards. While I suspect they staff the "quiet" pools to regulate distancing and capacity and not dragging the loungers around, that's different from having lifeguards.

How many of the lifeguards were DCP? My understanding is it's a pretty significant number.
How many of the remaining CMs who aren't normally lifeguards are certified, or able to become certified quickly? My guess, and this is pulled straight out of Pooh Corner, is not nearly enough.
I know of at least 1 lifegaurd that isn't CP. And I know basically no CM's so that's saying something. lol If they aren't opening the water parks at first they should have a decent amount of them to pull.

I agree, but we own at BWV and if Stormalong Bay is closed and Luna Park pool is open I would much rather be in a Boardwalk view room for the same points.

If SAB & Luna Park were both open, we would still pick BWV :)
If SAB was closed, we would definitely consider BCV.
While BCV is lovely, we find SAB horrible (crowded, noisy, chaotic, more like a city public pool than a "resort" pool). There is so much to appreciate at BCV (walk to BW, nice quiet pool, the atrium, beautiful lobby (likely without character meals)), - an SAB closure may be a good time to see how lovely & refined the resort can be (Btw, we own both BCV & BWV)

I know of at least 1 lifegaurd that isn't CP. And I know basically no CM's so that's saying something. lol If they aren't opening the water parks at first they should have a decent amount of them to pull.

I wasn't saying all of them were, but if a healthy contingent were, it creates a real gap.

I wonder if will be an indication of how committed Disney is to adequate social distancing. If the occupancy of BCV and other DVC resorts is low then just he quiet pools might be OK. If the DVC resorts are more than half full then given that guest will not be at the parks, I can see the quiet pools being packed

That is why I said...if I am mistaken. i thought they opened different times I am reporting what has been shared with me, that was shared through a reliable source as the current plan.

No inn rooms are open June 22nd, and no one has a clue what level of occupancy will be there in DVC.

So, on June 22nd, we will have confirmed reports of which pool or pools are actually open

But, as of last week, the notion was only DVC pools will be open...

BWV and BWI were designed as a shared resort right from the start. I'm not certain which opened first as it's possible it wasn't simultaneous but it's generally been talked about as DVC driving the build and not the other way around.

I remember when it didn't exist but didn't pay too close of attention to exactly how it opened.

I wonder if will be an indication of how committed Disney is to adequate social distancing. If the occupancy of BCV and other DVC resorts is low then just he quiet pools might be OK. If the DVC resorts are more than half full then given that guest will not be at the parks, I can see the quiet pools being packed

I think they will be limiting pools and I think there is a chance some may have difficulty, I am looking forward to real reports in just 19 days!

BWV and BWI were designed as a shared resort right from the start. I'm not certain which opened first as it's possible it wasn't simultaneous but it's generally been talked about as DVC driving the build and not the other way around.

I remember when it didn't exist but didn't pay too close of attention to exactly how it opened.

Thanks. I did look it up and it seems like they opened pretty much the same time,

VGF is another place where I have no idea what is considered a DVC pool. They also could have used the term DVC pool only to indicate just one or not both.

Plus, I do believe that as guests increase so will the plan. I don’t think all CMs may be back as soon as June 22nd..so that may play a role too and as more come online.

But, the DVC website does seem to imply that things are going to be limited....I am going in to my July trip actually expecting the pool witht the slide and splash area to be closed.

I think they will be limiting pools and I think there is a chance some may have difficulty, I am looking forward to real reports in just 19 days!
Yes it will be interesting to see if they use reservations or open up more capacity (more pools) to maintain social distancing.

Yes it will be interesting to see if they use reservations or open up more capacity (more pools) to maintain social distancing.

Your post got me thinking..maybe the reports to start with just DVC pools is based on actual guests with reservations during initial opening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter