Will Stormalong Bay, Volcano, Uzima (or any other “main” pools) be available for DVC reservations starting 6/22?

Splash Mountain Fan

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard if Stormalong Bay will be available for BCV reservations under the reopening phase or will it stay closed until full resort opens?

Also wondering... it would make it easier to social distance. We like the DVC pools because they are not as busy; if that’s all that is open, they will be packed to whatever capacity limit. Room availability seems lower at BCV that first week. Both Wednesday and Saturday nights of the first week open were booked this morning for studios/2-bedroom lockoff, so I imagine there will be studio rooms at or near max capacity.

We will be there the last weekend in June and have the same question along with dining options. I've emailed member services, but don't expect to hear anything anytime soon.

My sources tell me no, Only the DVC pool is opening.

Obviously, it won’t be 100% confirmed until people get there. But, since SAB is part of the hotel and not DVC, and they have stated things will be limited and the current plan is only one pool,

It is to be the same at all DVC. At what point the hotel pools will open as will is unknown. My source said more likely when things are open to more guests.

My sources tell me no, Only the DVC pool is opening.

Obviously, it won’t be 100% confirmed until people get there. But, since SAB is part of the hotel and not DVC, and they have stated things will be limited and the current plan is only one pool,

It is to be the same at all DVC. At what point the hotel pools will open as will is unknown. My source said more likely when things are open to more guests.
Thanks for the info and sharing. I can’t say I’m surprised. Maybe that will change or there will be a soft opening of some sort.

I wonder if you are at akv in the main house I wonder if that pool will be closed as well ...
We are at poly July 3-6 and I am hopeful that both pools will be open. If not that little pool will get packed 😩

I wonder if pool hopping will be allowed (I know most pools are not allowed but I think okw and ssr where open to hopping and those have much bigger pools for sure)

Last edited:
I really hope DVC/Disney shares this information soon. We are 20 days out from checking in for BCV/VGF split stay and I would definitely make changes with no Stormalong Bay. I asked member services this question today as I haven’t received a response to my email from a few days ago (I know they’re swamped and have limited to no info). She said there will be a pool open at each resort and it won’t necessarily be the DVC pool. Maybe this was just her opinion. Who knows....

My fingers are crossed for Storm Along Bay... but in the end we just love the area and being able to walk around the Boardwalk area.

I just called and got the same response, that they can only confirm that at least one pool at each resort will be open.
She also said there is no confirmation that all or any of the restaurants will be open but the counter service should be. I asked if there will be bus service to the springs and she said yes but did not have any confirmation that other types of transportation will be open (boats and/or monorails)
I told her my reservation is for July 3-6 and I asked her if I canceled closer to the date would my points be put into holding and she said no but I am a little worried she might be wrong we shall see ...

We moved our June 25 reservation today and the agent made sure they didn't go into holding and credited them back to the use year.

I agree, but we own at BWV and if Stormalong Bay is closed and Luna Park pool is open I would much rather be in a Boardwalk view room for the same points.
I do love Boardwalk too... but that clown! Definitely something to think about though! Of course, I would be happy staying at OKW too!

I wonder if you are at akv in the main house I wonder if that pool will be closed as well ...
We are at poly July 3-6 and I am hopeful that both pools will be open. If not that little pool will get packed 😩

I wonder if pool hopping will be allowed (I know most pools are not allowed but I think okw and ssr where open to hopping and those have much bigger pools for sure)

AKV is unique in that I would think they would open both vs. having to bus back and forth. But, I just don’t know

So if Storm Along Bay is closed and only the DVC pool is open does that mean that BCV guests will hop to BWs awful clown pool? I surely hope not, that wouldn't be fair to the guests staying at BW to have their pool overrun by guests from other resorts who aren't happy with their pool option...Just sayin...

So if Storm Along Bay is closed and only the DVC pool is open does that mean that BCV guests will hop to BWs awful clown pool? I surely hope not, that wouldn't be fair to the guests staying at BW to have their pool overrun by guests from other resorts who aren't happy with their pool option...Just sayin...

From my sources, DVC pools are the ones slated to be open at the start...so at BWV, it will not be the clown pool. At Poly, not the Volcano pool, etc.

I would imagine that pool hopping will be suspended. Again, until people get there, nothing will be 100% confirmed.

But, some DVC resorts are harder for me to speculate which pool or if more than one will open. I also can’t imagine it won’t be dependent at some point on # of guests.

I have read some cash guests have asked CMs and they have no specific information other than to say things will be limited for awhile.

IMO, once parks open and more cash guests reservations happen, I think that is when you will see an opening of more pools, whichever ones has been closed.

From my sources, DVC pools are the ones slated to be open at the start...so at BWV, it will not be the clown pool. At Poly, not the Volcano pool, etc.

I would imagine that pool hopping will be suspended. Again, until people get there, nothing will be 100% confirmed.

But, some DVC resorts are harder for me to speculate which pool or if more than one will open. I also can’t imagine it won’t be dependent at some point on # of guests.

I have read some cash guests have asked CMs and they have no specific information other than to say things will be limited for awhile.

IMO, once parks open and more cash guests reservations happen, I think that is when you will see an opening of more pools, whichever ones has been closed.
At BWV, the clown pool is on the dvc side, the boardwalk inn is in the other wing closer to Epcot which has the garden? pool. The pool by the community hall is pretty small, I would think it would be harder to socially distance there. They 'should' have both dvc pools open at BWV... whether they will is another matter. But I agree the volcano pool at Poly and stormalong Bay at beach club won't open until the hotel sides are open..they're both surrounded by the hotel buildings. I would think DVC would restrict pool hopping during this time due to limiting capacity as well.

What do you think will open at Saratoga Springs where it is all DVC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter