Will Stormalong Bay, Volcano, Uzima (or any other “main” pools) be available for DVC reservations starting 6/22?

My fingers are crossed for Storm Along Bay... but in the end we just love the area and being able to walk around the Boardwalk area.
I agree.... it would allow for great spacing..I can't imagine the DVC pool having enough space even if there are less people. Of course I am booked there and the poly soooo

The other pools' food stands are opening so I don't think they are going to limit food at the pool

Then seeing that Hurricane Hannah CMs weren’t listed and other pool food places were, it may be another not so great sign that SAB isn’t slated to open immediately.

Hello! I have a cash reservation at Copper Creek starting June 22nd and I don't know much about DVC since I'm not a member. What is the pool situation there? Is there a DVC only pool?

Hello! I have a cash reservation at Copper Creek starting June 22nd and I don't know much about DVC since I'm not a member. What is the pool situation there? Is there a DVC only pool?

I think they will open one pool to start...which one, don’t know...both of those are pretty nice...IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the BWV built as a DVC resort and Inn portion all built at the same time? I remember this resort being built when we stayed at the BC resort. If that is the case I don't see how you could say the clown pool was there before the DVC portion was built.

DVC at the BW has fairly large amount of rooms, if most of those rooms are occupied and there are no parks open I don't see how the quiet pool at the BW would be able to accommodate all the guest staying at that resort. That doesn't make sense to me...
The inn pool is a small third pool near the garden rooms of the in! It is identified by the hotel as such yet all three pools accept both hotel and dvc guests

Yes. Clown pool, community hall pool, and the garden one on the inn side.

Wow...Never knew that! Owned BWV for a good 8 years...just sold those 2 contracts...My guess then is that he a Community Hall pool will be the first one open.

Wow...Never knew that! Owned BWV for a good 8 years...just sold those 2 contracts...My guess then is that he a Community Hall pool will be the first one open.
They could have the clown pool open, but slide closed....been at BWV a few times when the slide was in refurb, but pool open. I'm just thinking it would allow more space to social distance, especially before parks open.

They could have the clown pool open, but slide closed....been at BWV a few times when the slide was in refurb, but pool open. I'm just thinking it would allow more space to social distance, especially before parks open.

It’s possible, but my sources seem to indicate it would not be feature pools at first. We will know for sure on June 22nd

ETA: Just had a thought...now that bars can open, maybe it will change Disneys plan to open the main pools? Hmmmm

Last edited:
Has anyone heard about lifeguards being recalled? Do they belong to a union?
When were public pools allowed to open in Florida? I know in Maryland many pools aren't opening because lifeguard certifications have run out and there aren't any pools to run the recertifications - i.e., no lifeguards.

When were public pools allowed to open in Florida? I know in Maryland many pools aren't opening because lifeguard certifications have run out and there aren't any pools to run the recertifications - i.e., no lifeguards.
Florida has outdoor pools open year round so the certificates is probably not a problem because they are most likely spread throughout the year, while northern lifeguards mostly get certified in the spring before memorial day pool openings.

It has been confirmed that SAB will not be open during the initial phases of opening. It was not defined, but certainly doesn’t sound like it will. Open any earlier than the parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter