Will Stormalong Bay, Volcano, Uzima (or any other “main” pools) be available for DVC reservations starting 6/22?

W

What's the point of staying at BCVs?!!!! We are there on July 18th and booked only there for SAB!

Which my gut tells me it’s being closed In part for that reason. With the limitations that need to be put in place and how popular that pool is...I wonder if they realized it would be too hard to deal with upset guests who couldn’t get a spot when that is the reason people choose that place,

I'm going to hold out hope that we will be fine since it says during the initial phase of opening. I would think initial phase is June 22-july 10th

I think by July 18th it will be open. I think they are only talking about when the regular part of the resort is closed

I have another reservation I made at bcv for July 24-26 before we check into the shades of green so I think storm along bay will be open by that point (with the water parks closed I figured at least we would have the best pool on property available)

Since Stormalomg Bay will not be available during the initial reopening period, any idea what defines initial reopening period?

I have another reservation I made at bcv for July 24-26 before we check into the shades of green so I think storm along bay will be open by that point (with the water parks closed I figured at least we would have the best pool on property available)
If not, they just posted BCV guests can go to the Luna Park pool at BWV! This is making me feel soooo much better because we changed our reservation from BWV to BCV before they announced SAB would not be open for initial phase and I was second guessing myself that we could have had a pool with a slide but might just get a boring pool. At least now I know we can kick it over to BWV if SAB is still not open!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200607-200339.png
    Screenshot_20200607-200339.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 7

Since Stormalomg Bay will not be available during the initial reopening period, any idea what defines initial reopening period?

No, but the rumor from sources are that by the end of this week we should have more information about the new parkreservation program and when other WDW hotels will open,

If that happens, then we may get insight on when YC and BC will open and if SAB will open with them.

Last edited:
No, but the rumor from sources are that by the end of this week we should have more information about the new lark reservation program and when other WDW hotels will open,

If that happens, then we may get insight on when YC and BC will open and if SAB will open with them.
Hopefully we'll hear something this week. :)

I still don't think its the right thing to do in allowing guests from BC to hop to the BWV Luna Park pool. It's summer in FL which = HOT weather, there will be no parks open so guests staying at the resorts are going to want to use the pools. With reduced capacity at the pools and given the large number of rooms at BWV (532) (Beach Club has 232 rooms) I don't see how this is going to work with guests from another resort coming over to use the "awful clown pool" as many posters like to call it. I guess that old clown pool is going to be ok now that there is no other theme pool to use...

I guess how this all works out will all be dependent on the number of guests who actually decide to go to WDW during this initial time period and I guess we will all have to wait and see. I just know that if I were staying at BWV and wanted to go to the "clown pool" and couldn't get in because guests from another resort took my space I wouldn't be a happy camper...Just sayin...

I still don't think its the right thing to do in allowing guests from BC to hop to the BWV Luna Park pool. It's summer in FL which = HOT weather, there will be no parks open so guests staying at the resorts are going to want to use the pools. With reduced capacity at the pools and given the large number of rooms at BWV (532) (Beach Club has 232 rooms) I don't see how this is going to work with guests from another resort coming over to use the "awful clown pool" as many posters like to call it. I guess that old clown pool is going to be ok now that there is no other theme pool to use...

I guess how this all works out will all be dependent on the number of guests who actually decide to go to WDW during this initial time period and I guess we will all have to wait and see. I just know that if I were staying at BWV and wanted to go to the "clown pool" and couldn't get in because guests from another resort took my space I wouldn't be a happy camper...Just sayin...
I can't imagine that after the parks open, SAB would still be closed

Which my gut tells me it’s being closed In part for that reason. With the limitations that need to be put in place and how popular that pool is...I wonder if they realized it would be too hard to deal with upset guests who couldn’t get a spot when that is the reason people choose that place,

So they decided to piss of everyone with a reservation rather than running it with a limit on the number of people in the pool similar to what every store in the country is doing and which everyone should be completely use to by now. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

So they decided to piss of everyone with a reservation rather than running it with a limit on the number of people in the pool similar to what every store in the country is doing and which everyone should be completely use to by now. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

That is why I said it’s my theory. Makes sense to me. But, I didn’t decide so it could be far off base and Actually be because of staffing as well as the hotel not open and Disney didn’t want to fund it.

If it opens when YC and BC do, then my gut will have failed me this time! Lol

of course it's not the right thing to do. The right thing to do is to open the dang SAB pool. You know the pool that people pay a premium to stay at that resort for!

They did not call back CMs for that, but it is also not listed as opening by Disney with the latest updates

I think they're opening the Beach Club Marketplace as the QS instead. Makes sense; it has merchandise and a larger food selection than Hurricane Hanna's does. Also, it's closer to BCV than HH is.

Up thread, people were saying it was within the fence - I just didn't use the quote feature.

With all of this consolidating everyone into the DVC hotels I wonder how quick the pools with reach capacity. We are on a cash reservation at Riviera on 7/17. I am not sure we are going to keep the reservation since a lot of the reasons to stay on site are being taken away. A full resort and potentially limited parks is concerning in July!

Not sure if this is old news or redundant, but while chatting with MS yesterday concerning our upcoming trip room requests in July, and remembering that the Barefoot Pool Bar was opening I asked if him if the Lava pool would be open.

He said "We just received this information, hold on while I pull it up for you. He came back with: "Yes, the Volcano Pool will be reopening with the resort on June 22, 2020"

Not sure if this is old news or redundant, but while chatting with MS yesterday concerning our upcoming trip room requests in July, and remembering that the Barefoot Pool Bar was opening I asked if him if the Lava pool would be open.

He said "We just received this information, hold on while I pull it up for you. He came back with: "Yes, the Volcano Pool will be reopening with the resort on June 22, 2020"

The update last week from WDW did say the feature pools at all resorts other than SAB would open, but with limited hours and limited capacity,

But, its good news that MS can now answer the questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!