Why did MDE let me book FP well before 60 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 60 days also opened today. Had a bit of a heart attack because I went to change one FP time and it initially said I didn’t have any FPs but they are, in fact, all still there.

My experience was with date-based tickets. I could book with the rolling window though it was a lot of retrying and refreshing so probably took at least 20-30 mins each day. But I was able to get everything at times I wanted on a short (3 day) trip where I wouldn’t have been able to get SDD at all based on what it looked like this morning. Not to mention all the troubles people had this morning as it is!

Today is my 60 day mark. All FP made under the glitch arr still there. I will still check obsessively but I feel pretty confident they are safe and will work fine when we get there.
They are safe because your valid tickets in conjunction with your valid onsite stay keep the FPs intact.

Your FPs were safe at the moment you confirmed them.

Reporting back to say that the window did not open.

Also, I just checked the DIBB site and all the headliners except SDD are still looking really good right now all the way out to the 90 day mark. Even if I can't get in tomorrow, I think I'll be okay getting Mine Train at my 60. That one still has many open spots within the 60 day range and more than enough after.

74 day mark for us. First thousand tries- nothing.
Decided to pay the trip off and see if that worked..... boom- we're in for Fastpasses. But- only for arrival day- nothing past that.
Anyone else experience that? Sorry if this has been discussed- haven't read all 24 pages yet. Hoping the first day will open up tomorrow.......
Took an hour but we have 3 FP for the night we arrive

74 day mark for us. First thousand tries- nothing.
Decided to pay the trip off and see if that worked..... boom- we're in for Fastpasses. But- only for arrival day- nothing past that.
Anyone else experience that? Sorry if this has been discussed- haven't read all 24 pages yet. Hoping the first day will open up tomorrow.......
Took an hour but we have 3 FP for the night we arrive

I don't think that had anything to do with it. I hear Tuesdays is the "day of doom" for MDE. It works when it feels like it. I played around this morning just out of curiosity and I had my tablet, phone, and desktop going. I got broken Olafs repeatedly on all 3. Finally at around 8:30 when I got home I tried again....all devices loaded quickly. I'm at 75 days though. I was only curious about the doom and gloom tuesday I hear about on FP booking.

Also, I just checked the DIBB site and all the headliners except SDD are still looking really good right now all the way out to the 90 day mark. Even if I can't get in tomorrow, I think I'll be okay getting Mine Train at my 60. That one still has many open spots within the 60 day range and more than enough after.

Yes you shouldn't have any problems with getting a FP for SDMT at the 60 day mark. SDD is out of the question, same with FOP (most likely). I have noticed that FOP has been available on the 60+1 mark with times starting in the late afternoons which wasn't the case just not too long ago.

Except I am looking now and, for example, MDE is saying no more FPs at all for May 20 for SD, TSMM, TOT

Except I am looking now and, for example, MDE is saying no more FPs at all for May 20 for SD, TSMM, TOT

Really?? Wow....Dibb shows TSMM and ToT available for both of those rides. I know SDD is not happening so I didn't even bother looking. I just checked on MDE at 30 days....all I can see right now....and ToT and TSMM have FPs available for the 30 day mark...April 18. Later times, ToT has evening spots only and TSMM has late afternoon, but FPs nonetheless.

Really?? Wow....Dibb shows TSMM and ToT available for both of those rides. I know SDD is not happening so I didn't even bother looking. I just checked on MDE at 30 days....all I can see right now....and ToT and TSMM have FPs available for the 30 day mark...April 18. Later times, ToT has evening spots only and TSMM has late afternoon, but FPs nonetheless.
I have heard TOT is going to running just half capacity due to maintenance. Perhaps that is why they aren’t showing in May. I hope they still offer some FP for that ride.

I have heard TOT is going to running just half capacity due to maintenance. Perhaps that is why they aren’t showing in May. I hope they still offer some FP for that ride.

That may explain it. I just can't see the DIBB site being THAT far off. I mean they have TSMM green from Mar 27 all the way to June 19th! And ToT is all green from April 17 to June 17. Between Mar 19 and April 16 there are some red days in there. So that's why I don't understand MDE showing NOTHING on May 20 for either ride.

That may explain it. I just can't see the DIBB site being THAT far off. I mean they have TSMM green from Mar 27 all the way to June 19th! And ToT is all green from April 17 to June 17. Between Mar 19 and April 16 there are some red days in there. So that's why I don't understand MDE showing NOTHING on May 20 for either ride.
Touring plans shows both available also. Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter