Why did MDE let me book FP well before 60 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are safe because your valid tickets in conjunction with your valid onsite stay keep the FPs intact.

Your FPs were safe at the moment you confirmed them.

So you're telling me that I don't need to check multiple times every day? lol

I'd guess they have RnR, ToT, and a Tier 1. Go to modify RnR and it will show no availability for any Tier 1 or ToT. Just a guess though.

Correct! winner!

But MK showed no availability for Philharmagic at Day 63 so something is screwed up since there are no tiering issues at MK. Unless that ride got a lot more popular than I remember.

Is there a way to check availability generally once you have FPs booked?

Correct! winner!

But MK showed no availability for Philharmagic at Day 63 so something is screwed up since there are no tiering issues at MK. Unless that ride got a lot more popular than I remember.

Philharmagic is likely going under refurbishment. It also showed no availability for me and a few other people who were making Fastpasses for May.

Philharmagic is likely going under refurbishment. It also showed no availability for me and a few other people who were making Fastpasses for May.

Too bad, I like it a lot, even though the 3D is wonky and old. Not taht I was going to book a FP for it mind you.

Correct! winner!

It is more difficult to check once you've booked all of your FP's. If you want to look for Tier 1 availability you would have to be modifying a Tier 1 FP but it also won't show overlapping times with your Tier 2 FP's. If you want to check availability for a Tier 2 FP that you already have you would need to be modifying that FP. The easier way is to only have 2 FP's booked and then just go look as you normally would.

It is more difficult to check once you've booked all of your FP's. If you want to look for Tier 1 availability you would have to be modifying a Tier 1 FP but it also won't show overlapping times with your Tier 2 FP's. If you want to check availability for a Tier 2 FP that you already have you would need to be modifying that FP. The easier way is to only have 2 FP's booked and then just go look as you normally would.
The steps for Checking Availability are in the FP FAQ Addendum Sticky.

Modifying booked FPs isn’t part of this glitch thread. :)

Wanted to report back in case anyone is in this same boat. As an AP holder, I was thrilled to make my FP+ reservations ahead of the 60 day mark, as others have been able to do. However, I found out that as an AP with a split stay (again, I have done this in Nov 2018 with NO troubles) that I was unable to make all my FP+ reservations for my entire 10 day stay. I could make up to 8 days at the Poly, but not my remaining 3 days at Doubletree Suites DS. I called and spoke to a CM who told me that I was out of luck. So, I waited until the 60 day mark for my Doubletree FP open window. Nope. Still couldn't make a FP. So, I contacted the AP Help Desk again and escalated the issue until I talked to someone who could authorize giving me the one, single FP that I still needed.

He confirmed that Disney is trying to reduce the FP+ that AP holders can have. Whether this is true or not, IDK. However this experience makes me glad this is our last trip as a Premier Passholder for a while. If we are penalized for coming for a longer visit, I am at a loss for words.

Wanted to report back in case anyone is in this same boat. As an AP holder, I was thrilled to make my FP+ reservations ahead of the 60 day mark, as others have been able to do. However, I found out that as an AP with a split stay (again, I have done this in Nov 2018 with NO troubles) that I was unable to make all my FP+ reservations for my entire 10 day stay. I could make up to 8 days at the Poly, but not my remaining 3 days at Doubletree Suites DS. I called and spoke to a CM who told me that I was out of luck. So, I waited until the 60 day mark for my Doubletree FP open window. Nope. Still couldn't make a FP. So, I contacted the AP Help Desk again and escalated the issue until I talked to someone who could authorize giving me the one, single FP that I still needed.

He confirmed that Disney is trying to reduce the FP+ that AP holders can have. Whether this is true or not, IDK. However this experience makes me glad this is our last trip as a Premier Passholder for a while. If we are penalized for coming for a longer visit, I am at a loss for words.
Thanks for reporting! APs need to send in complaints. You may want to email when you have time:

george.kalogridis@disney.com

Ok, just going to report my experience. Today is 74 days from arrival and the FP window opened for my first day. My family has APs with our last visit being November 2018. I was able to book FP using the app and through my computer. There are 2 in our group who have date based tickets. I could only include them in the FP selection on the app. The computer would say they are outside the window. But I did not have to do any refreshing to get the window to open. First attempt and every attempt since it shows as available to book. We are staying DVC.

Well, the rules clearly state that you can book for 7 days OR the length of your resort stay for up to 14 days. I think the issue that you ran into is that you have a split stay and they have always had to manually enable the second stay if you had multiple trips booked, just with the way the system was working before it didn't matter as the first reservation allowed you to book for the entire reservation.

I think you would have had an issue at say day 9 if your first reservation was only for 8 days.

My dates will open soon, we shall see if we have to wait for 60 days or sooner is available, either way we have AP vouchers and I will let you know if we have any issues with booking.

Also, I know I have seen it on these boards before, but can anyone tell me what the AP Technical Support number is in case I do have issues? Since ours are still a voucher, there is nothing physical to look at to know.

Well, the rules clearly state that you can book for 7 days OR the length of your resort stay for up to 14 days.

Passholders with reservations at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days prior to the check-in date―and can secure FastPass+ selections for the length of stay or up to 7 days. Please note that if your length of stay is longer than two weeks, FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 days. - directly from the Disney site.

"Length of resort stay" is the part that I have an issue with. I think if it had been clearly communicated that a continuous resort stay was required, I would not have made the reservations the way that I did. Considering in November 2018, I stayed 2 nights at the Doubletree, then moved to CBR for 6 nights, then went on a cruise for a week. After the cruise, came back to WDW and stayed at WL for 2 nights, then FW for my last night. All these separate, but still 60-day eligible stays allowed me to book FP+ 60 days out, with no trouble.

If this is to be a change meant to dissuade APs from staying longer, or booking split stays, IDK. But, I think some clear communication about this policy is in order.

Just reporting back...we are AP holders - new vouchers for this summer. The window opened for me yesterday to book 5/31 and today to book 6/1. My friends who arrive on 6/1 have a combination of APs, date-based tickets, DVC stay on points, and cash stay at AOA. 5 of the 6 in her party were in WDW 3/2-3/6. The window did not open for her family today. However, I can add them as part of my FP party. Just tested it out...didn't keep it without talking to her.

Passholders with reservations at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days prior to the check-in date―and can secure FastPass+ selections for the length of stay or up to 7 days. Please note that if your length of stay is longer than two weeks, FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 days. - directly from the Disney site.

"Length of resort stay" is the part that I have an issue with. I think if it had been clearly communicated that a continuous resort stay was required, I would not have made the reservations the way that I did. Considering in November 2018, I stayed 2 nights at the Doubletree, then moved to CBR for 6 nights, then went on a cruise for a week. After the cruise, came back to WDW and stayed at WL for 2 nights, then FW for my last night. All these separate, but still 60-day eligible stays allowed me to book FP+ 60 days out, with no trouble.

If this is to be a change meant to dissuade APs from staying longer, or booking split stays, IDK. But, I think some clear communication about this policy is in order.
I don't think the AP has anything to do with this, I think it is a side effect of split stays not having the same booking window.

I don't think the AP has anything to do with this, I think it is a side effect of split stays not having the same booking window.
@Avery’s mom was in the booking window for Stay#2, a 60-day FP window, and the system maxed her out without the ability to book FPs.

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread because I was able to make fast passes today and couldn't figure out why. Here's my complicated situation.

My husband and I are AP. Rest of my family have military tickets which I linked this morning. We are staying in 3 separate rooms 5/25-6/1 at Saratoga which were an exchange through RCI. Last night my husband and I added two nights at OKW at the front end of the trip using DVC points (just us on the reservation).

Today, I can book FP's for everyone for the whole period including OKW & Saratoga stay. However, it seems that my husband and I have to be included in the FP group for it to book. So if I just try to book some family members without me or my husband it errors out. If I include at least one of us, it books just fine.

My last visit was October of last year.

It has nothing to do with it being a split-stay.

It's due to the unfortunate (IMO) way FPs on APs are handled (personally, I think it should be 7 + days on-site, but it's not).
Actually, it does have to do with it being a split stay, if the reservation were a continuous 10 days, they would not have had this issue.

Here is the issue:
Even before the changes, let's say you had the following happen:
You had a stay in early May for 8 nights and then another stay say in late June for 5 nights, you would not be able to book at FPs for the stay in July until the stay in May is completed OR the AP help desk overrides and allows the second stay to book FPs.

Now before the system change, lets say you did exactly as this poster did and booked 8 nights at one resort, followed by 2 at another (both allowing a 60 day FP+ window). Well, under the old system they could book all FPs once the first window opened, as they would be allowed up to 14 days with of FPs from check in because it was a 60 days window after your check in date.

The system changed to where you could only book fps for the length of your reservation and if it is a split stay, there is a 60 day booking window for each reservation, meaning you can't book all of your FPs at once. Unfortunately, this also means that on the same 8/2 night split stay, APs could only book for the first reservation and not the second reservation due to the same rules in the first example and the AP help desk would have to manually override that.

Again, if it was one continuous 10 day stay, this would not have been an issue, but it is only an issue due to the fact that they have the split stay.

Now, I am not saying that this is right, it absolutely isn't, passholders should be able to book FPs for as many stays as they have booked, but unfortunately that is not the way the system is setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter