Why did MDE let me book FP well before 60 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what, I'm in that range and....I haven't. I was just trying to understand why you were so adamant to be upset at all the DISers who benefited from a glitch caused by Disney themselves. You explained and it was appreciated. And despite what's going through your head right now, I PERFECTLY understand YOUR side of the story.
I appreciate that. Just in general I am so very weary of society equating I can & so I should. I don’t really care about the FP, I just don’t understand why this thread is here encouraging people to do it. I didn’t understand the throwaway room thread either.

It’s Disney who has allowed this open booking window. Complaints went in weeks ago as posted early in this thread:
Thanks for hunting down old posts. The difference is, if I wasn’t able to get exactly what I wanted, when I wanted, I wouldn’t be sending an email and letting it go. Disney is absolutely responsible for this, but I don’t think it’s intentional, nor do I think it will last forever. At least I hope not. It’s terribly unfair to other guests.

I’ve pretty much kept my opinions to myself on this issue, but if you’re going to hunt down old posts, I’ll certainly respond. And my opinion isn’t based on whether I could do it or not. I looked once to see if I was seeing what others were. I never reloaded, logged out and in, tried differentbrowsers or any of the other things people are having to do to get it to glitch. That’s because I wouldn’t have booked if I could have.

Last edited:
I appreciate that. Just in general I am so very weary of society equating I can & so I should. I don’t really care about the FP, I just don’t understand why this thread is here encouraging people to do it. I didn’t understand the throwaway room thread either.

It's no problem. :hug:

Look, society is the way it is. Unfortunately, I do not think that's going to change. If an advantage is there to be taken, someone is GOING to take it. Would I? Sure...depends on what that advantage is. The throwaway rooms only confused me. I HAD no clue what it meant. I believe I do now, but it took a lot of reading through the posts to get it. And again, I don't really believe this thread is encouraging anyone to do anything....it's something that is not against Disney rules per se, nor is this thread violating any rules on the Theme Parks board, so the thread remains open. Lots of people are curious as to whether the FPs will be there on their park arrival day. My thoughts? If they are still there on your 60 day mark, then why wouldn't they be?
Apparently many others complained to Disney about this window, but apparently, Disney doesn't feel the need to close it or fix it right now. A small voice inside of me goes, perhaps they are scoping out some things and they'll close it when they feel it's time. Despite what many of us think, Disney has a reason for EVERYTHING that they do. As my husband always says...let the small things be small. (I often want to punch him in the stomach when he says it....but he is rarely ever wrong about said situation being small when he says it) :D

The reason why this glitch isn’t available to you is the hard close on rolling windows from Stays within the past two - three months.

That was the first thing Disney closed and then somehow opened up this ‘leading window’ for those who aren’t able to visit the parks on a regular basis.
This. My window did not open early either. What I have been able to piece from those of us that do not have an early booking is that we had another visit recently. It seems Disney is purposefully giving an advantage to the less-frequent visitor. They are trying to level the playing field.

I don't begrudge anyone who made FPs early. It's not the guests' fault! But, this is something that I will factor into the decision to book additional trips/renew APs, etc. I'm not feeling the love from Disney.

I agree that this glitch is wildly unfair and I'm surprised it's still up. It also does negatively affect others who aren't able to benefit from it.It's crazy to think otherwise.

But to be frank, if I could benefit, I would. Because I'm not a saint, don't claim to be, and a Disney fastpass isn't that serious and won't make me lose sleep at night.

Have at it, everyone!

This. My window did not open early either. What I have been able to piece from those of us that do not have an early booking is that we had another visit recently. It seems Disney is purposefully giving an advantage to the less-frequent visitor. They are trying to level the playing field.

I don't begrudge anyone who made FPs early. It's not the guests' fault! But, this is something that I will factor into the decision to book additional trips/renew APs, etc. I'm not feeling the love from Disney.

There’s no way this is an intentional move on Disney’s part to give an edge to less frequent visitors. If it was, you wouldn’ t have to jack around with the system to get it to open. It wouldn’t work for all days for some people, and only 1 for another. It would be a straight up change in the way they dispense fp’s. Not sure by what you mean by recent, but my last trip was early October of last year.

Everyone is trying to figure out the common thread and there just isn’t one. The glitch coincided with the changes Disney made a few weeks ago is is simply an unintended consequence.

I’m angry because this thread is encouraging something which potentially negatively impacts others. If I hadn’t gotten an FP just in the natural course of things then oh well. I’ve ropedropped SDD & FOP several times. I’m not adverse to standing in line. I like to think people play fairly. Just naïve I guess.

I’m curious. You said you were upset your window didn’t open early. Which I totally understand. But what course of action would you have taken if you found you window did open early?

Last edited:

Aren't there some AP holders who have had this window open for them? Is it because they haven't been to the park in the last 3 or 4 months? Is this what we can assume Disney is using to "allow" others that window?

I agree that this glitch is wildly unfair and I'm surprised it's still up. It also does negatively affect others who aren't able to benefit from it.It's crazy to think otherwise.

MDE is such an awful system.... it’s chock full of issues that lead to highly asymmetric experiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJN
For those remaining in this thread, this Warning was posted on March 2nd.
This glitch thread is to alert and assist posters with this glitch as they plan their stays and book FPs.

And for reference, on February 5, the Grand Administrator of DIS stated on the Unplugged Podcast that when Disney knows about a loophole (glitch) and doesn’t set policy to close it, its usage can be discussed on DISboards.

Please follow posting Guidelines and remain on topic of the specifics of using this glitch to book FPs before the 60-day FP booking window opens.

Aren't there some AP holders who have had this window open for them? Is it because they haven't been to the park in the last 3 or 4 months? Is this what we can assume Disney is using to "allow" others that window?

We get APs every other year and make our trips fit into that window. We have a trip in 74 days with new APs, and the window was open for me to book FPs on 5/31 this morning.

Our friends who will start their onsite stay on 6/1 just came back from a Mardi Gras trip the first week of March. They will try to get their FPs tomorrow morning as well.

We get APs every other year and make our trips fit into that window. We have a trip in 74 days with new APs, and the window was open for me to book FPs on 5/31 this morning.

Our friends who will start their onsite stay on 6/1 just came back from a Mardi Gras trip the first week of March. They will try to get their FPs tomorrow morning as well.

Let us know if they can. I know it's not necessarily the "reason" the glitch is open, but apparently, those who have had a recent stay don't get the 74 day window. When was your last stay?

Even if there wasn’t a glitch to let me get an earlier FOP I would still be refreshing the page constantly to see if one appeared. So either I’m refreshing at 74 days or refreshing at <60 days until I’m in line for FOP.

I don’t even see this glitch spoken about on any other forums or FB groups I’m in. I really don’t think it’s many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter