What real life mystery would you like to see solved?

This was before I was born but this Australian case has always haunted me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaumont_children_disappearance

I've often thought about this one too. Very sad.

The one that has haunted me is the disappearance of Eloise Worledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eloise_Worledge_disappearance

She was the same age as me when she went missing and it has haunted me all through my childhood. I was always terrified it would happen to me or someone I knew. I still think of her now when I close my dd's windows at night.

JFK- my dad worked on the case with Jim Garrison doing research when he was in his last year of law school and the first year after he graduated.

Where's Atlantis?

Who killed Marilyn Monroe?

Loch Ness Monster

The face on Mars

Dylan Redwine, whose body was recently found. He went to visit his father; his father claims that the boy was supposed to go visit friends the morning after he arrived, but wouldn't get up when his father tried to wake him. So the father went out to run errands on his own. When he got back, he says Dylan was gone.

Jon Benet Ramsey. A very intriguing case.

Madeleine McCann.

How to get rich without working too hard.

TP

Jacob Wetterling - I was the same age as him, we lived in the same state, and it has haunted me since that October day....

A guy I went to high school with just disappeared one day. He left a bar, and was never heard from again. His car was found in the median of the highway, running, door open. No trail has ever been found.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/edberg_nathan.html

Okay, I don't know the name of the case or the parties involved, but there was a boy who went missing a few years back. He was a boy scout and was on a camping trip with his troup and his Dad. He went on one trail and his dad went on another...very close by. He never came around the bend and met his Dad. They searched for days, weeks and never found him.

I saw his father on Nancy Grace and he was just broken hearted. What happened to that boy? I could see that happening to me..."Okay, you go that way, I'll go this way and we'll meet at the end." It was very short and just a small detour. But the boy disappeared.

Bothers me still. I don't think the Dad will ever be the same.

I think losing a child is difficult, but if a child dies, you can eventually find peace and move on. When you child is missing, I don't think you ever find peace.

Jacob Wetterling - I was the same age as him, we lived in the same state, and it has haunted me since that October day....

A guy I went to high school with just disappeared one day. He left a bar, and was never heard from again. His car was found in the median of the highway, running, door open. No trail has ever been found.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/edberg_nathan.html

So terrible that they were never able to track down who grabbed Jacob. I think about how the boys with him are doing today-especially his brother.

Who are all the girls in the sex slave trade? How do they get them? Will they ever be able to go home?

Its scary to think how these girls are sold for money like a possessions and treated like they're not human. I wonder how many cases could be solved if they were found.

The body of a headless girl was found in St Louis about 40 years ago (IIRC), and she has never been identified. I just can't help but wonder who may still be looking for her.

I believe LE recently stated that they are convinced the missing family did go into Mexico on their own. Why, who knows.

Locally, we have the Kingsbury Run/Cleveland Torso Murders that remains unsolved. I have a family member who discovered one of the bodies, well half of one of the bodies.

And what ever happened to Beverly Potts in 1951. Was she murdered or kidnapped by the carnies?

Also, Brian Schaeffer, the medical student from Columbus who disappeared from a bar with surveillance video but doesn't show up on video leaving.

The plane that went missing because they got "lost" looking for an island, but told radio dispatchers that they were sure they were at the right location but it looked inhabited. People that were actually on the island remembered seeing the plane circling. Some sort of time warp thing.

The State called her stab wounds hesitation marks. I'm talking about the one on the inside of her arms-as if she was attacked and defending herself.

I'm talking about these:

state_52-E.jpg

Again, her babies where stabbed horrifically over and over and over.

She had hesitation marks and those bruises could have been when one of the children fought against her or her injuring herself.

She is a monster that murdered her children. Go read on WebSleuths. Blood pattern evidence does not lie.

Black Dahlia, who did something so horrific to that poor young woman.

Again, her babies where stabbed horrifically over and over and over.

She had hesitation marks and those bruises could have been when one of the children fought against her or her injuring herself.

She is a monster that murdered her children. Go read on WebSleuths. Blood pattern evidence does not lie.

http://darlieroutierfactandfiction.com/
You might want to check out this site too.

3. Some nurses said they didn’t see the bruises on my arms. That’s a complete lie - everyone that saw me in the hospital said they saw my bruises.

There is no doubt that Darlie had large, red/purple bruises on her inner right arm when photographed at the police department on 6/10/96. However, all medical personnel testified that there was no swelling, redness, or even the early stages of bruising on Darlie’s right arm while in the hospital fom 6/6 to 6/8, a total of 2 1/2 days.

Dr. Dillawn examined Darlie’s arm every day, including right before she was discharged, and didn’t see any evidence of blunt trauma.

Shook: And is that something you look for in your examination of her?

Dillawn: Yes. If I saw that on somebody's arm, I would probably want to x-ray their arm.

Shook: Any time on the 6th, did you see any evidence of that type of injury to her right arm?

Dillarn: None at all.

Shook: The 7th?

Dillawn: No

Shook: The 8th?

Dillawn: No.

Shook: Now, if that injury, that blunt trauma, had occurred on June 6th, about 2:30 in the morning, 1996, would you have seen evidence of that injury on her right arm, Doctor?

Dillawn: In my opinion, yes. This is a lot of blood, yes.

(Vol. 31, Sec. 869)

Dr. Santos: "To get that type of bruising, you usually see evidence of it within 24 hours. I would say that injury is 24-48 hours old."

(Vol. 30, Sections 768, 770)

Christopher Wielgosz (nurse): "There was no bruising or swelling that would be consistent with blunt trauma. Even a few hours later, I would have seen the beginning of it. There would have been a large amount of localized swelling at the site that the trauma took place, and it would have then taken 24 or 48 hours for it to become apparent."

(Vol. 31, Sec. 931, 936, 961)

Jody Cotner (nurse, trauma coordinator): "I didn’t see any injury that would cause that type of bruising. Absolutely, I would have seen evidence of blunt trauma if it had occurred at 2:30 AM on June 6th."

(Vol. 31, Sec. 1039)

Diane Hollon (nurse): "There was nothing on her right arm that would leave this type of bruise."

(Vol. 31, Sections 1100-1101)

Paige Campbell (nurse): "When I bathed her right arm, I had to move it around. She never complained of any pain in her arm."

(Vol. 31, Sec. 1160)

Darlie had a much smaller bruise on her left arm. It was consistent with being the result of the IV in her wrist. In fact, Darlie herself testified that, "I assumed the IV [caused the bruise], because I've had IVs before that have done that." This bruise was turning yellow/green on 6/10. The right arm bruises, however, were red/purple on 6/10 - fresh bruises, inflicted within the last 48 hours.

(Vol. 31, Jody Cotner, Sec. 1067)

Dr. Vincent DiMaio testified for the defense. Inexplicably, he claimed that the bruises on both arms were the result of blunt trauma on 6/6, even though the coloration was significantly different. Caught in this contradiction, he then admitted that the right arm bruises “could have happened on June 8th.”

(Vol. 43, Sec. 4577- 4578)

Furthermore, the “everyone” that Darlie claims saw those bruises in the hospital were limited to her family and friends. Their testimony was strongly influenced by one of Darin's relatives, who sat in the courtroom and took extensive notes of the testimony by prosecution witnesses. She then shared that information with friends and family members who were slated to testify for the defense.

(Vol. 40, Sherry Moses, Sec. 3815-3816)

(Vol. 40, David Rogers, Sec. 3864-3865)

Karen Neal, perhaps inadvertently, appears to be the only defense witness who was honest about the bruises. She pointed to the outside of the arm where Darlie’s incised wound was - where you'd expect to see some redness - rather than the inside.

Shook: Was she cut on this side of the arm also?

Neal: Yes, she had sutures right here.

Shook: And this bruising was up and down, near that same area?

Neal: Exactly.

(Vol. 40, Sec. 4014)

As bizarre as it sounds, the right arm bruises were inflicted by Darlie sometime after she was discharged, to bolster her claim that she was attacked by an intruder. While in the hospital, it must have occurred to Darlie that her own wounds were minor compared to her sons. Perhaps this realization hit home when the police took a few photos of her injuries on 6/6. Dr. Dillawn testified that "she was a little bit agitated about why they wanted to photograph her wounds."

(Vol.31, Sec. 865)

Please note: Some of the supporter websites show bruises on the backs of Darlie's hands and around her wrists. These photographs appear to have been touched up to exaggerate her bruises. They are certainly not supported by any testimony.

Black Dahlia, who did something so horrific to that poor young woman.

added to post.

added to post.

5. My wounds were a total of:

- Neck slit one side to other

We could engage in semantic gymnastics here, but it wouldn’t be helpful. Suffice it to say that Darlie’s neck wound was not “ear to ear” as she’s implying. It was approximately 3 1/2” in length and was considered superficial by all medical personnel.

(Vol. 30, Dr. Santos, Sec. 725)

Dr. Janice Townsend-Parchman: “[The neck wound] was...possibly less than half an inch deep, but it’s hard to say. It is relatively superficial. It didn’t go very deep into her body, and didn’t strike any vital structures.”

(Vol. 4, Sec. 3 and Vol. 28, Sec. 132)

Dr. Santos: "This wound cut through the skin and fat, but didn’t penetrate the muscle below. That’s a superficial wound."

(Vol. 30, Sec. 726)

Dr. Dillawn: "I usually don’t measure the depth. We don’t think in those terms. I would call it a superficial wound."

(Vol. 31, Sec. 856)

Another claim made on a supporter website is that the wound to Darlie’s left shoulder was 1 1/4” deep. The fact is, there was no testimony from any witness regarding the depth of that wound.

Dr. Santos: "The shoulder wound went through the skin and into the fat. We just washed it out and closed it. That is a superficial wound as well. It was probably about an inch and a half in length."

(Vol. 30, Sect. 728, 732)

- Two stab wounds on right forearm.

Actually, neither were stab wounds. They were incised wounds, commonly called cuts - longer on the surface of the skin than they are deep into the body. Darlie’s own attorney, Doug Mulder, said during the trial, “I measure the length of the arm wound on the surface, at an inch and three quarters.”

Supporters and non-supporters have disagreed for years regarding the depth of that arm wound, but one thing is certain: it was considerably longer on the surface than it was deep. Why is this distinction important? Because it’s more indicative of a self-inflicted cut rather than a defensive stab wound.

Dr. Janice Townsend-Parchman: "The doctor told me that the larger wound on Ms. Routier’s right forearm went to the bone. If you examine that portion of your right forearm, you’re virtually over bone. You don’t have to go very far in terms of portion of an inch to get to the bone."

(Vol. 28, Sec. 152)

Dr. Santos: "The right arm wound did not injure the bone, it went through the muscle."

(Vol. 30, Sec. 788)

Another claim made on a supporter website states, “The larger of the two [arm wounds] caused splintering of the bone in the forearm. According to medical reports, marrow was leaking from the bone.”

That is not true. No such medical report was admitted into evidence, nor is there any testimony to support such a claim.

Dr. Dillawn: "The wound on her right arm was to the bone, but the bone at that point is very superficial in the arm. It went through the muscle but there was no fracture."

(Vol. 31, Sec. 858, 860

- One stab wound on left cheek.

There is nothing, including Darlie's own testimony, to corroborate her claim of a stab wound to the left cheek.

Shook: You weren't stabbed in your face, were you?

Darlie: Not stabbed. There were marks on my face.

(Vol. 44, Sec. 4932)

- Cut on left cheek.

Once again, there is no testimony to support this contention.

- Cut across left fingers and thumb.

Chris Wielgosz testified that they looked like a very minor paper cut to the hand.

(Vol. 31, Sec. 963)

Paige Campbell, a Baylor Hospital nurse, asked Darlie what caused them and Darlie replied, “This is where I tried to grab the knife.”

(Vol. 31, Sec. 1156)

Shook: Dr. Santos, is this the type of cut that you’d classify as a defensive wound?

Santos: No. Usually they would be larger and deeper.

(Vol. 30, Sec. 759)

In the real world, these tiny marks barely qualify as scratches. I suspect Darlie got them as she grabbed the screen with her left hand in order to make the vertical cut of the “T”.

- Lips torn up.

There is nothing to support this post-conviction claim. In fact, neither Darlie nor Darin - or anyone else, for that matter - even mentioned cut lips in their trial testimony. Considering that Darlie was the supposed victim of a violent crime, injuries such as this would have been charted and treated in the hospital had they existed.

Mulder: While you were in the hospital, did you realize anything unusual about the inside of your mouth?

Darlie: Yes, my mouth was very sore. It felt kind of raw inside.

(Vol. 44, Sec. 4887)

Mulder: Did Darlie at any time complain or remark about an injury to her mouth?

Darin: Yes, family members were feeding her ice chips because her lips were all swollen, you could see the cuts on the inside of her mouth.

(Vol. 42, Sec. 4508)

Why did this claim of a raw/sore/cut mouth not surface until she testified? Because by then, Darlie knew that her DNA had been found in the toe of the sock. The evidence strongly suggests that she used the sock to cover the knife handle so her fingerprints wouldn’t be on it. Darlie had to come up with another explanation for her DNA in the sock (and also why it took her so long to scream for help): the intruder must have jammed the sock into her mouth. Darin's testimony also beggars belief. If Darlie had cuts inside her mouth from a sock attack, why wasn't her blood found on that sock?

- Red and purple mark on left breast.

Once again, no corroborating evidence or testimony to support Darlie’s claim. Actually, I’m not even sure what she’s referring to here. Use your imagination.

In short, Darlie is clearly exaggerating her injuries. Devon and Damon's injuries were entirely different from hers. They had deep, fatal stab wounds that penetrated their ribs, liver, and lungs. One of Devon’s chest wounds was so deep that it went into the posterior portion of his back.

(Volume 28, Dr. Joni McClain and Dr. Janice Townsend-Parchman)

6. It was said there was blood under glass in kitchen--yeah, because 15-20 people stomped through the glass crushing it and kicking it everywhere.

Darlie would have you believe that the police descended on 5801 Eagle Drive like a marauding army, completely destroying the crime scene. Nothing could be further from the truth. Only two police entered the crime scene in response to her 911 call.

Davis: Did you notice anything unusual about the entryway?

Waddell: I noticed some blood on the floor. I attempted not to step in it and disturb any of it.

Davis: Could you see anything on the floor of the kitchen?

Waddell: There was blood on the floor and a broken wine glass. I stepped over it.

(Vol. 29, Sec. 307, 327)

Two paramedics then entered the front door and went directly into the family room to help Devon and Damon. They did not go into any other room of the house. When Koschak realized that Devon was dead, he took Darlie to the front porch to tend to her wounds. Kolby was in the house for about two minutes before he took Damon out the front door to the ambulance.

(Vol. 32, Brian Leland Koschak, Sec. 1488)

(Vol. 32, Jack Kolbye, Sec. 1434)

Darlie called 911 at 2:30 A.M. Officer Walling had crime scene tape up within 20 minutes of that call. This was corroborated by William Gorsuch, a neighbor who lived across the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter