What real life mystery would you like to see solved?

My top mystery...how threads from over three years ago come back to life!
I don't know, but I'm glad it was revived. I can't believe I missed this thread originally. Got a lot of reading to do. Doesn't look like I'm going to get much work done today! :magnify:

The 2009 Taconic State Parkway crash. I'm not from that area, but after reading Jackie Hance's book about the loss of her 3 daughters, I'm haunted by that story. I want to know the truth about how her sister-in-law wound up driving the wrong way down that highway. I know we'll never know, but darn it, I want to!

I thought she was drunk?

I thought she was drunk?
Yes, but her family insists that no way she would do that, not like her and not with all those kids in the car. They think it was some medical issue though the ME looked into that and could not find anything from what I remember. But many folks wonder why...why such a high alcohol content and what was going on with her. It should have been a short drive home but she was driving around for a long time. Sad sad story. The doc was awful to watch as they showed a photo of her body at the scene...awful. The most crushing thing was the inlaws losing all of their children, I think three kids??, due to their drunk relative.

Last edited:
Yes, but her family insists that no way she would do that, not like her and not with all those kids in the car. They think it was some medical issue though the ME looking into that and could not find anything from what I remember. But many folks wonder why...why such a high alcohol content and what was going on with her. It should have been a short drive home but she was driving around for a long time. Sad sad story. The doc was awful to watch as they showed a photo of her body at the scene...awful. The most crushing thing was the inlaws losing all of their children, I think three kids??, due to their drunk relative.

I know, I just can't even imagine the guilt and grief these families dealt with and are still dealing with. It's pretty hard to argue her blood alcohol content, traces of pot, stomach content and a vodka bottle in the car..pretty evident that despite her normal behavior, she was under the influence

Yes, but her family insists that no way she would do that, not like her and not with all those kids in the car. They think it was some medical issue though the ME looked into that and could not find anything from what I remember. But many folks wonder why...why such a high alcohol content and what was going on with her. It should have been a short drive home but she was driving around for a long time. Sad sad story. The doc was awful to watch as they showed a photo of her body at the scene...awful. The most crushing thing was the inlaws losing all of their children, I think three kids??, due to their drunk relative.

There are a lot of mom's who are secret alcoholics. I see it often with the wives of the men I work with.

What happened to Maura Murray. I saw her story on Disappeared and found it haunting. She just vanished.

What is the mystery the driver was drunk and smoking pot, she isn't the first driver the went on a parkway the wrong way while drunk.

Not sure how accurate wikipedia is but the article there doesn't sound like its that cut and dried. I mean she WAS drinking and smoking pot but sounds like perhaps there were other things going on too. Several people saw her that day and had conversations with her and said she wasn't drunk. One of her nieces called her dad and said that her aunt was having trouble seeing and speaking clearly and then Diane got on the phone and told him that she was disoriented and couldn't see. She was seen getting sick on the side of the road. Sounds like the documentary said that its thought that she was in pain and trying to self medicate. She had some abscessed teeth and a lump on her leg. They said the combination of the alcohol and pot and pain could have caused delirium. Just sounds like there was a lot going on.

Its a really sad story. So many children lost that day.

The husband is in denial. She was drunk and high. Her blood alcohol was over twice the legal limit and she had more alcohol in her stomach. She had THC in her system.
You'll never know what was really going on with her because the husband is delusional about the whole thing.

It's not that short a drive. I take the Taconic home to LI from the Catskills almost every Sunday in the summer. It normally takes about 3 1/2 hours. But it can take us as long as 5 hours depending on how bad traffic is. We usually come home late at night to avoid the traffic.

The husband seemed like he was in denial in the HBO documentary.

The husband is in denial. She was drunk and high. Her blood alcohol was over twice the legal limit and she had more alcohol in her stomach. She had THC in her system.
You'll never know what was really going on with her because the husband is delusional about the whole thing.

And that's why I want to know - because it seems cut and dried, but there's still some doubt (and yes, I too think the husband is delusional!) We'll just never know - and that's why it's a mystery that I'm curious about.

A few:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcas...r-slaughters-family-serial-murder-spree/9728/
My dad had been "bar buddies" with the grandfather. I remember when it happened and how everyone at the bar was giving money to help pay for the funerals.
OMG, that one is just beyond horrible. Reminds me of the Petit case here in CT. How evil and depraved does someone have to be to do that? If they aren't caught here on earth, they will pay for it after. And I hope it's eternally painful. Just makes me sick to think of what this person did and what that poor child went through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter