What is your backup country?

I'm not sure you understand Canada very well. :confused3 The openness and willingness to make room in our society for those of every origin and creed is 100% the result of the liberty and respect that comes from our Judeo-Christian foundations. We have in no way abandoned those ethics and newcomers flock here specifically because their own homelands don't offer such an advantage.
I don't buy that it was anything more than code words for white Europeans.

Sweden. When I was there last year I could totally picture myself living there. Only downside is the weather. Not sure how I'd deal with that.

Same for Canada, I absolutely adore it, but I don't do well in cold.

I need to find a warm backup country. Or not even backup. I am actively looking to live in another country at some point.

I know it has it's problems right now but probably the UK, specifically England. My boyfriend has family around Manchester who love dogs so I think they're my kinda people lol.

I would need a warm climate for st least 75 percent of the year. Good transportation. Open for ideas.

I'm not sure you understand Canada very well. :confused3 The openness and willingness to make room in our society for those of every origin and creed is 100% the result of the liberty and respect that comes from our Judeo-Christian foundations. We have in no way abandoned those ethics and newcomers flock here specifically because their own homelands don't offer such an advantage.
Well Annette. The real reason why Canada is accepting so many legal immigrants is that the country needs young workers to pay taxes to maintain the social programs for its aging Canadian population.

In our direct circle I can count 19 Canadians in the 20’s and early 30’s that were born to Canadian parents who have yet to have children. What one would consider the average Canadian youth are just not pro creating. So with out sensible immigration Canada’s population would have some real problems in the next decades.

Mexico, specifically San Miguel de Allende. We can even drive there in less than a day if we need to get out quickly. The weather is perfect year round, the people are wonderfully kind, the cost of living is very reasonable, and it's straight out of a movie set for its beauty.

Please do, and hurry!! I hope your branch is ready to employ about 10,000 people - we're dying up here. OTOH, it's a buyers market, so y'all come see us, y'hear! :wave2:

As far as somewhere else I could live? I really can't think of anywhere I've ever visited that I'd be willing to live. We're going to the UK next spring, which will be my first time in an English-speaking European country. Maybe one of the British Isles would be somewhere I could see myself.

Alas, no we wouldn't be able to hire near that many people. His business currently has between 20-25 employees, which is the most he's ever had.

Well Annette. The real reason why Canada is accepting so many legal immigrants is that the country needs young workers to pay taxes to maintain the social programs for its aging Canadian population.

In our direct circle I can count 19 Canadians in the 20’s and early 30’s that were born to Canadian parents who have yet to have children. What one would consider the average Canadian youth are just not pro creating. So with out sensible immigration Canada’s population would have some real problems in the next decades.
What on God's good earth does that have to do with anything being discussed in this thread? :confused:

What on God's good earth does that have to do with anything being discussed in this thread? :confused:
It’s a reply to your opinion of Canada’s immigration policy and why it is like it is. It has nothing to do with religion and good will. It has to do with need.

It’s a reply to your opinion of Canada’s immigration policy and why it is like it is. It has nothing to do with religion and good will. It has to do with need.
It wasn't an explanation of "policy". It was a comment about Canadian culture. Experienced by an actual Canadian. And if the undertones of this are going "racial", I'm out. Do you people even realize how one-track your minds are? :sad2:

It wasn't an explanation of "policy". It was a comment about Canadian culture. Experienced by an actual Canadian. And if the undertones of this are going "racial", I'm out. Do you people even realize how one-track your minds are? :sad2:
Not sure why racial would even cross your mind. Canada needs population. Young working people to maintain a tax base. It’s common knowledge. I’ve never heard that talked about in a racial nature until you just did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter