What is your backup country?

Let's say hypothetically you have to move out of your current country, for unspecified reasons. Where do you move? Let's also say there are no immigration issues - you are free to relocate wherever you like.

I probably pick Canada, but would also be happy with Denmark, Iceland, or Germany.

Ireland maybe. Scotland. Maybe Iceland.
As long as I can get great internet. LOL

I love England and recently fell in love with Denmark on our first trip. I would move to either country in a heartbeat if we could afford it. We call Copenhagen home of the $30 hamburger. My husband nearly fell out of his chair when he saw the price.

Antigua. 365 beaches. Wonderful people, very low crime and you can get citizenship just by applying for it so no issues even in real life. Ireland is also high on my list of options.

I love England and recently fell in love with Denmark on our first trip. I would move to either country in a heartbeat if we could afford it. We call Copenhagen home of the $30 hamburger. My husband nearly fell out of his chair when he saw the price.
Norway is pretty expensive too. It made London look cheap.

If I had to leave Canada I would have to find a new continent, because I would definitely pick another Commonwealth country. Probably Australia as I feel we are most similar to Australians in terms of ideology. Possibly the UK. There are 53 Commonwealth countries, several of which are in Caribbean so I am sure one of them would suit me. Universal health care would be on the top of my list for choosing a new place to call home.

I would choose Canada. It has been a very long time since I have actually been to Canada, I hope it has not changed.

I'd prefer to relocate to Canada, but DH has been looking at us relocating to Denmark or Germany. A few others have popped up in the discussion from time to time, but those two remain constant.

Probably the US - Minnesota - for ease but as PP mentioned a Commonwealth country would be good too.

It would have to be Switzerland since dh would be guaranteed a job there.
If having to work wasn't an issue my only requirements would be somewhere tropical and safe.

Canada would be easiest, my company has an office in Markham that I could transfer to.

Mexico would be closest, Valle de Guadalupe would be a beautiful place to move (very similar to where we already live) and I have lots of winery experience, I could be a tour guide or something for cruise ships doing wine buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!