What is your backup country?

jalapeno_pretzel

DIS Veteran
Let's say hypothetically you have to move out of your current country, for unspecified reasons. Where do you move? Let's also say there are no immigration issues - you are free to relocate wherever you like.

I probably pick Canada, but would also be happy with Denmark, Iceland, or Germany.

Canada. My parents are from Ontario, and we often visited there as kids. It's familiar, but so damned cold!! I'd have to visit somewhere warm in the winter.

Well I already have 2. So the third would be Costa Rica. In fact I would move there ASAP if my wife would agree.

Canada. My dh’s business does a lot of work in the Calgary area so we’d open a Calgary office.

Canada. I hear we still have relatives that live there.

My maternal grandmother emigrated to the US from Canada when she was a child.

Costa Rica is probably the strongest contender. England would’ve made the shortlist if not for the weather. I’d consider Kenya, as well.

Costa Rica

It's been my plan for a while now... if things ever go really badly in the US, we're moving to Costa Rica.

I've even tried to convince DH to move to Texas, so we could get out of the US quickly & get to Costa Rica by land, if we needed to.

Canada. My dh’s business does a lot of work in the Calgary area so we’d open a Calgary office.
Please do, and hurry!! I hope your branch is ready to employ about 10,000 people - we're dying up here. OTOH, it's a buyers market, so y'all come see us, y'hear! :wave2:

As far as somewhere else I could live? I really can't think of anywhere I've ever visited that I'd be willing to live. We're going to the UK next spring, which will be my first time in an English-speaking European country. Maybe one of the British Isles would be somewhere I could see myself.

Canada....
I speak the language.
It’s similar to the USA in Judeo-Christian culture and tradition.
I don’t mind cold weather.
Huh? Canada is a land of immigrants. I would embrace it because it doesn't have a specifically Judeo-Christian culture and tradition now but an inclusive one. I rather enjoyed visiting Richmond, BC.

Huh? Canada is a land of immigrants. I would embrace it because it doesn't have a specifically Judeo-Christian culture and tradition now but an inclusive one. I rather enjoyed visiting Richmond, BC.
I'm not sure you understand Canada very well. :confused3 The openness and willingness to make room in our society for those of every origin and creed is 100% the result of the liberty and respect that comes from our Judeo-Christian foundations. We have in no way abandoned those ethics and newcomers flock here specifically because their own homelands don't offer such an advantage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter