What is the current stateroom gift on the fantasy?

Thank you for the pic! Hmmm...not sure if we'll want to take it off the ship with us (except for maybe on our horseback riding excursion) as I don't particularly want to advertise we're on DCL (trying to "blend" in a little on our WBTA in a few weeks). It's a nice bag, likely big enough for the 2 of us, but definitely would NOT be big enough four family of four. Will definitely take it on our future DL/WDW trips :-)

Actually, I don't know if it is big enough for two of you! It was definitely a day bag for me with some sunblock, maybe you could shove a towel in there, paperwork , and a water bottle but not much else. We each have one because we had two rooms on two legs so that was handy. I would definitely bring it as a day bag on a wdw trip though!

I think for our horseback ride, am hoping it would fit our camera, wallet, sunscreen, and a couple bottles of water. Otherwise, I plan on carrying my large tote bag for all other excursions (just isn't conducive for taking on a horse :D)! Too bad DCL can't think of the practicalities of what the bags are actually being used for (most like the size of the burlap totes but hate the smell; seems all loved the size/design of the old blue backpack, so why not stick with that for backpacks and just tweak the colors a bit)??

I think for our horseback ride, am hoping it would fit our camera, wallet, sunscreen, and a couple bottles of water. Otherwise, I plan on carrying my large tote bag for all other excursions (just isn't conducive for taking on a horse :D)! Too bad DCL can't think of the practicalities of what the bags are actually being used for (most like the size of the burlap totes but hate the smell; seems all loved the size/design of the old blue backpack, so why not stick with that for backpacks and just tweak the colors a bit)??

Yes, all that would fit, for sure, and may be easier to wear since you are horseback riding. I know, I was actually looking forward to the beach bags so all of my daughters could have had one! Oh, well, they really like this new sling bag since they use day bags a lot, but it could have been a bit roomier, more pockets, etc. I am so glad my old backpack is in great shape, though! I am sure i will continue to use that one! My first Silver CC gift was an older style canvas beach bag, and I still use that constantly as well! Also, this sling bag looks like it will hold up very well, if that is any consolation!:thumbsup2

Blue backpack was the gift on the Fantasy last week. It is cute but does not hold as much as the burlap beach bag. Could barely fit 3 beach towels (could not zip it closed) in the blue bag.
"Blue backpack"? As in an actual backpack (two shoulder straps)
2016 bag platinum cup P1080943 Fuse 1500.jpg

Or the sling bag (one strap)?
2017 sling bag.PNG

Here it is. It's a sling messenger type you're supposed to wear across your chest. Not big enough in my opinion. No inside pockets except for one large elasticity one in the main zippered compartment . Front zippered one is really shallow and no pockets for pens, phone, etc.
View attachment 265546

The sling bag is big enough to hold 2 bottles of wine and glasses to take to the hot tub. :rolleyes1 It would probably hold a few snacks too if you wanted.

Not every gift will satisfy all. I do appreciate the changes and thought that goes into the different gifts. This smaller sling bag may not be the ideal for Castaway Cay but looks perfect for WDW trips. Sorry guys I'm that Pollyanna (obnoxious lol). There will be the perfect reason to use each gift. Just think how much we would all complain if the gifts stopped.

I haven't read through all four pages so maybe this has been mentioned ... sorry if it has ... will the Dream have the same gift? My husband is taking his brother on his first cruise and first WDW trip! We got the blue two strap backpack in June while on the Magic! I would LOVE the sling bag/single strap one too!!! :-)

I haven't read through all four pages so maybe this has been mentioned ... sorry if it has ... will the Dream have the same gift? My husband is taking his brother on his first cruise and first WDW trip! We got the blue two strap backpack in June while on the Magic! I would LOVE the sling bag/single strap one too!!! :-)
In reality, there's no knowing for sure what ships/itineraries will have what gifts. But, generally, the same type bag/gift is given across the fleet. In the past that was a beach bag for Caribbean cruises/sling bag for Alaska cruises/backpack for European cruises. But recently, it seems that DCL is handing out primarily the sling bag for everyone.

For the love of god DCL needs to change the sling bags, they are horrible and I'm tired of them.
The beach/tote bags prior to the slings being introduced 3+ years ago where the best IMO.
They should seriously have a different gift every year. Having the same one for over 3 years is almost insulting to repeat cruisers.

For the love of god DCL needs to change the sling bags, they are horrible and I'm tired of them.
The beach/tote bags prior to the slings being introduced 3+ years ago where the best IMO.
They should seriously have a different gift every year. Having the same one for over 3 years is almost insulting to repeat cruisers.
I tend to agree...it has been a while. I was hoping they changed it up already but I was mistaken. The sling bag is okayyyyy but they're nothing special.

Disney should put out a survey to castaway club members with maybe 4-5 options for a new stateroom gift and see the feedback they get back. I'm also not too impressed that they only give one gift per stateroom. It should be one gift per member but I see why they do it. If a family of 5 typically all travels together then they're all at the same level so Disney would need to give them 5 bags and that is a bit silly. Not sure if they will make an exception if say two friends travel together and each want a bag. I think I watched a vlog where Disney did not give the second person a bag.

I actually need to call DCL. They still haven't sent me my silver magnet yet.

I tend to agree...it has been a while. I was hoping they changed it up already but I was mistaken. The sling bag is okayyyyy but they're nothing special.

Disney should put out a survey to castaway club members with maybe 4-5 options for a new stateroom gift and see the feedback they get back. I'm also not too impressed that they only give one gift per stateroom. It should be one gift per member but I see why they do it. If a family of 5 typically all travels together then they're all at the same level so Disney would need to give them 5 bags and that is a bit silly. Not sure if they will make an exception if say two friends travel together and each want a bag. I think I watched a vlog where Disney did not give the second person a bag.

I actually need to call DCL. They still haven't sent me my silver magnet yet.

I never got any magnets and I'm platinum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter