What else to say to the characters???

We:
Called Captain Hook a codfish, on a seperate meeting gave him treasure (plastic gold coin)
Gave Peter Pan his shadow back (cut from black card)
Did the Wilderness Explorer call with Russell (not so unquie no that they have the WE thing at AK)
Got Rapunzel to sign a mini fry pan
Gave Snow White an apple

I was impressed with Buzz Lightyear at MGM. We were getting his "autograph" but he and Buzz stamped on the wrong side of the book - we were trying to put the pictures on the left and the autographs on the right. Anyway, we didn't want to hold up the line so we asked the CM if she would just stamp on the other side while Buzz and Woody were with other children. She stamped Woody's name but Buzz came over and stopped her and insisted on stamping his own. I thought that was really nice. Doesn't really answer your question but I just thought of it.

You can ask buzz about Jesse. We had an autograph book with a picture of Jesse, Woody, and Buzz. Buzz actually took his handlers marker and SIGNED, not stamped, "Buzz (hearts)" right over Jesse. Probably my favorite autograph, especially since I know he normally stamps.

My sister and I are in our 20's and did a Spring Break trip together two years ago. She's a big Pluto fan/collector, so when he came to our table I blurted out "Pluto you're her favorite!!!" He wagged his tail and covered her with doggy kisses. I got some great pictures!

Well, my DD is a 'face' character and I know they love to have special questions asked of them.

Ask Snow White:

--about the Dwarfs...

--what kind of pie she bakes for them,

--what the Dwarfs are doing in the mine etc;

Ask Ariel:

--about Sebastian, Flounder and her Daddy, King Trition.

-- how she gets her 'human legs' for the afternoon parade.

As for what NOT to say or do...

Please don't complain to the characters about your long 'wait time'--it isn't their fault; they try to make each child feel 'special' and sometimes that takes a while.

Please don't yell, scream and curse at them if they get pulled 'off stage' just as it's your turn to talk to them. I know that's incredibly frustrating and disappointing but again, this is beyond the characters control. They have to follow the rules--if they don't they can get in BIG trouble.

If you're a man, please don't talk to the characters about their physical attributes!!!!!!!!!! Don't mention how 'well blessed' they are or discuss bra size!!!!!!!!!This is a BIG problem for both Ariel and Jasmine. They don't find it amusing but they are not allowed to be rude to a guest . :mad: :mad: :mad: Also, keep your hands to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't purposely insult the character or her/his appearance. Don't say she/he is UGLY or FAT!! Yes, it happens!!!!!!! Try to remember the people inside those costumes may portray cartoon characters but they are human beings and they have feelings too!

Don't go near the characters when you're smoking. (Yes, I know smokers should be in special smoking areas but many times people break the rules). Some of the characters have asthma or other pulmonary problems and having smoke blown in their face can be a major problem for them.

The characters --both face and fur--love their jobs and they work very hard . Say THANK YOU!! It 'makes their day' to know they've brought some 'magic' into your life.
at she
When my DBF and i went to disneyland a few years ago he tryed to give a real apple to Snow White i was so embarssed but the true princess that she is politely said that apples were not part of her diet.

Great Thread!!

I love Chip and Dale and have a great time with them:

1) I tell Chip that Dale says "he does all the work around here" - usually when I see them in a restaurant. Then I tell Dale the same thing. That creates some fun

2) Once outside I handed Chip some acorns that we found on the ground. I got a HUGE hug.

3) Scratch Pluto behind the ear :)

By the way...we have no kids....I am the one who loves the characters.

Princesses - last year I had a birthday card for my 5 year old goddaughter. I brought it around with me in EPCOT and asked the princesses to sign it. I also had a picture that she drew of Jasmin. I asked her to sign the picture. They loved that! Aladdin got so into it and drew himself next to Jasmin! She used his back to sign the picture. It was awesome, I got some great pictures and she adored the card!

One more....wear a pin of the character or better yet point out that you do not have their pin.

Once on a very rainy day I ran into Cruella De Ville. She noticed that I did not have a pin of her on and asked in a very cool voice "where is MY pin"

I responded just as coolly - "my Cruelly pins are FAR to valuable to wear out in the rain" I think I stumped her! She waited a bit and said "good answer"

Last year DH and I were at DHS during a Star Wars weekend. Early in the day we had our picture taken with Darth Vader. Later on in the day we met Luke Skywalker. DH told him that he had met his father earlier in the day. Luke asked how his dad was, and I responded, "Quiet." He got a kick out of it. That character was great! It was definitely one of our better interactions.

for chicken little i know for the limited time magic long lost friends 2 thats going on you were able to say the sky is falling and he would act it out just like the movie

Back in June of '03 DS 3 1/2 had (and still does have) a major "crush" on "Snow White. He thinks she's just the sweetest thing, and its just not a complete day at the parks unless he hugs her at least once. On this particular day we were at MGM and DS was getting a bit hot and fussy.

As if in cue we see Snow White greeting in the courtyard. We get in line. DS looks up at Snow White with puddles in his big brown eyes and says with so much meaning, "I love you". The biggest warmest smile came over her face and she put a big red kiss right on his cheek. It really made our day. Then to top it all off, later that day at the Stars and Motorcars parade we see Snow White (Irecognized her from earlier in the day) go by on her car. As we were standing on the front row right in the curb, DS starts waving wildly at her and she blows a kiss and waves, looking directly at him.

Snow White really did an outstanding job that day with our little DS. It all was helped along by heartfelt interaction.

My heart just melted :love:

We went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner when our DS was 6- the stepsisters were 'fighting' over him, he is very cute if I do say so myself ;). When Cinderella and Prince Charming had their big dance- Anastasia came running over and grabbed my son and took him out to dance with her. He came back to our table with Anastasia running behind him- telling everyone along the way that they were now engaged! He just kept rolling his eyes- but I think he has a little crush on her :rotfl2:

On our last trip our daughter had purchased a Stitch hat that looked like Stitch was devouring the top of her head. She was wearing it in MK one day when Stitch spotted her and came over to sniff, tickle and generally investigate this creature that looked like him. Our nieces were with us at the time and were also included in his antics. It was really great and spontaneous fun. They still talk about it.

I had some really great Character interactions this past March when I went for my birthday...I went solo.

One morning I was eating breakfast at Cape May Cafe.
The restaurant wasn't busy yet, it was very early in the am.

A couple of servers were near my table talking with me when Donald stopped by. I told him he was #1 and he was so happy. One of the servers then said "What about Mickey?"...with Donald right there. Instead of waiting for his reaction I looked at her said "Mickey????" then I waved my hand and said in true Donald Form "Awww Phooooey!!"

They all busted out laughing, and Donald was thrilled! It was a priceless moment for me, because I am usually star struck around characters, and don't know what to say.

Another great interaction was in Epcot

I was in line to meet Chip and Dale.
When it was my turn I told them how much I loved them, and we took some pics. In one pic they were both kissing my cheeks...sooo cute! While Dale was signing my autograph book, Chip took me by the hand and pulled me aside. He then walked over to some bushes and pulled off some branches. He brought them back to me and got down on one knee and offered them as if proposing. After I took them he started dancing around with me and put my arm in his started walking away with me. Dale saw what he was doing and made a fuss and got the handler to bring him back.
Really cute memories with Chip and Dale, and I got them all on Photopass.

Another fun interaction was on my birthday in MK...I was dressed up and wearing a tiara and a birthday Princess sash.

I went to meet Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny. While Mrs. Easter bunny was signing my autograph book the photopass photographer made her close her eyes and he told me kiss Easter bunny on the nose! It was great fun and made for a really cute picture.

When I met Rapunzel and Flynn, I told Rapunzel how much I love dancing.
Flynn took advantage and started dancing with me and twirling me around. That was so much fun, and some great photopass pics to boot.

I wish I knew how to post pics on here...I would love to share some of them!

I had some really great Character interactions this past March when I went for my birthday...I went solo.

A couple of servers were near my table talking with me when Donald stopped by. I told him he was #1 and he was so happy. One of the servers then said "What about Mickey?"...with Donald right there. Instead of waiting for his reaction I looked at her said "Mickey????" then I waved my hand and said in true Donald Form "Awww Phooooey!!"

They all busted out laughing, and Donald was thrilled! It was a priceless moment for me, because I am usually star struck around characters, and don't know what to say.

When it was my turn I told them how much I loved them, and we took some pics. In one pic they were both kissing my cheeks...sooo cute! While Dale was signing my autograph book, Chip took me by the hand and pulled me aside. He then walked over to some bushes and pulled off some branches. He brought them back to me and got down on one knee and offered them as if proposing. After I took them he started dancing around with me and put my arm in his started walking away with me. Dale saw what he was doing and made a fuss and got the handler to bring him back.

Another fun interaction was on my birthday in MK...I was dressed up and wearing a tiara and a birthday Princess sash.

I went to meet Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny. While Mrs. Easter bunny was signing my autograph book the photopass photographer made her close her eyes and he told me kiss Easter bunny on the nose! It was great fun and made for a really cute picture.

Flynn took advantage and started dancing with me and twirling me around. That was so much fun, and some great photopass pics to boot.

Wow! Some great character meets! They are so much fun aren't they?!!!!!!!!

How cute!! Your Chip and Dale story sounds similar to my Hook story. I was meeting them solo as my friend thought herself too mature for such things. :-)snooty:). Hook linked his arm with mine and started leading me off. Smee made a fuss to their handler and made him 'return me'. I've always fancied myself a pirate. pirate: ;)

I just love to play with the characters. When we met Winnie the Pooh at Crystal Palace, my mom told him we named our dog after him. It was true. We used to have a bichon poodle mix aka a bichon poo. I was 4 when we got her and I said we should name her Winnie. Pooh Bear gave us a thumbs up for that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter