What else to say to the characters???

omg thank you! nice knowing its still ok to be starstruck thats what i love about disney fans (we all get each other to a degree) and no matter how old you are you never truly grow up!! i definitely now wanna ask him if i can be a lost boy!! i might get embarrassed trying to crow lol what happens if you ask him where the treasure is?! or if he want to play treasure hunt? any kind of reaction?

DD21 had an entire conversation about living in London for a semester. Peter wanted to know if she knew the Darlings, and told her he was much more handsome than his statue in Hyde Park! She said it was her second best Disney experience! Her ALL time, never to be topped, was Aladdin taking her on a magic carpet ride! <3

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Best reaction I've ever received as an adult was when my daughter and I met Captain Hook and I asked him to settle a disagreement we were having - "My daughter says that you're evil, but I think that you're just misunderstood".

Handshakes... thumbs up... raising arms in victory...

DD21 had an entire conversation about living in London for a semester. Peter wanted to know if she knew the Darlings, and told her he was much more handsome than his statue in Hyde Park! She said it was her second best Disney experience! Her ALL time, never to be topped, was Aladdin taking her on a magic carpet ride! <3

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

wow that is amazing! sounds awesome i hope my experience is at least half that good!

The characters will essentially ignore/be confused by any question about Once Upon a Time. The characters you meet in the parks are from the universe of the Disney films (not even the sequels, in the case of Ariel/Melody) and they are not familiar with any other ways their stories are told.

The characters will not be familiar with the Once Upon A Time Stories. However they are familiar with their sequels. We have spoken to Ariel about Melody before and we were told she was off having an adventure with Eric. ;)

Haven't read the whole thread yet but ask Buzz about Spanish mode. I did this and he danced with me. Pretty fun.

The characters will not be familiar with the Once Upon A Time Stories. However they are familiar with their sequels. We have spoken to Ariel about Melody before and we were told she was off having an adventure with Eric. ;)

They should not be acknowledging those horrible cheapquels. They're non-canonical and the company does not consider them canon. Things like this do sound like cases of story guideline violations. :mad:

They should not be acknowledging those horrible cheapquels. They're non-canonical and the company does not consider them canon. Things like this do sound like cases of story guideline violations. :mad:

You do realize that ABC Studios is a division of the Disney-ABC Television Group, and the producers of Once Upon a Time have exclusive permission to use and reinterpret Disney properties.

You do realize that ABC Studios is a division of the Disney-ABC Television Group, and the producers of Once Upon a Time have exclusive permission to use and reinterpret Disney properties.

I was not referring to OUaT. I was referring to the direct-to-video sequels (aka cheapquels).

I was not referring to OUaT. I was referring to the direct-to-video sequels (aka cheapquels).

My apologies...I didn't even know there were direct to video sequels, lol. I just tried to look them up to see what they are, and a google search for Disney Once Upon a Time sequel only comes up with the ABC show. Guess that is what I get for no longer having little ones, I'm out of the Princess loop!! o_O

Characters will acknowledge their sequels because they can't entirely ignore them. If someone were to ask Ariel about her daughter, she can't pretend she doesn't have one because she does in the sequel. Cinderella will also acknowledge her sequels if you talk to her about her step sisters. They can't ignore what people have seen especially children. It would be confusing to pretend things didn't happen.

Characters will acknowledge their sequels because they can't entirely ignore them. If someone were to ask Ariel about her daughter, she can't pretend she doesn't have one because she does in the sequel. Cinderella will also acknowledge her sequels if you talk to her about her step sisters. They can't ignore what people have seen especially children. It would be confusing to pretend things didn't happen.

Okay then. As long as they're just merely providing lip-service/fan-service when asked about the cheapquels, then I can try not worrying too much.

It's just that I can be rather passionate about some things sometimes and I'm afraid it can ruin things for me if I bring certain things up or ask certain things (for example, I like to be able to talk to John Smith and Pocahontas about their relationship and tell them they're a great couple without fear of them mentioning that no-account John Rolfe :mad:, Ariel not acknowledging Melody, Anastasia not mentioning the baker and continuing her original self by going after other men, Aladdin and Jasmine not mentioning Iago's reformation, etc.).

I just don't want things to be ruined for me and I just want to make sure they stick PRIMARILY to the original film events, in keeping with the company's official records and policies that the cheapquels are not canon (only the original films and films made by Walt Disney Animation Studios/Walt Disney Feature Animation are officially canon in those stories and not by Walt Disney Television Animation, which made the majority of the cheapquels, thus the direct-to-video sequels, movie-based TV shows, etc. are not official continuations of the Feature Animation-produced films) and that just because the characters bring certain things up does not necessarily mean they're going against the established set-in-stone status quo (ie: John Smith remaining Pocahontas' official "prince" and one true love especially with them even being acknowledged as an official couple in the Disney Princess franchise, Iago still being a villain and in cahoots with Jafar, Anastasia still desperately searching for a husband and pursuing other men just like Drizella, etc,) by talking about the rarely-acknowledged and almost unknown non-canonical things.

At the end of the day, as long as all the characters remember stick strictly to certain dynamics established and set in stone in the original official canon films at all times no matter what (Pocahontas & John Smith remaining an official couple, Iago still being Jafar's sidekick, Jasper & Horace still being Cruella's henchmen, Anastasia still being a desperate husband-seeking man-chaser alongside Drizella, etc.), especially since the original film character dynamics are what the company constantly reaffirms in most of their media in addition to the parks (franchises, merchandise, company records, etc.) and the cheapquel mentions and references by them remain mostly-unacknowledged and kept to a MAJOR minimum at best, that's all that really matters (they don't even have any of the cheapquel-exclusive characters walking around the parks anyway).

I hope you understand where I'm coming from and I hope there's no hard feelings.

Last edited:
I like to be able to talk to John Smith and Pocahontas about their relationship and tell them they're a great couple without fear of them mentioning that no-account John Rolfe :mad:, Ariel not acknowledging Melody, Anastasia not mentioning the baker and continuing her original self by going after other men, Aladdin and Jasmine not mentioning Iago's reformation, etc.

I think you're safe. They generally follow the guest's lead, and know most people haven't seen the sequels, so the characters aren't likely to bring anything up from those unless specifically asked. :)

While my wife and I were in line to meet Jasmine and Aladdin; the little girl ahead of us was dressed as Jasmine. Jasmine kept asking the girl if her name was "Jasminy" as in a tiny version of her. The girl was too young and didn't get the joke. When it was our turn, my introduces herself as Jasminy, the princess seemed to appreciate someone playing along.

Has anyone tried asking the characters about their storylines in Once Upon a Time? Or asking Ariel where Melody is?

I asked Ariel if Melody was enjoying the park. She told me Melody had school that day. Being a bit thick, it occurred to me about an hour later she was probably referring to a school of fish.

I think you're safe. They generally follow the guest's lead, and know most people haven't seen the sequels, so the characters aren't likely to bring anything up from those unless specifically asked. :)

Sounds reasonable.

That means, then, that if the characters' friends mention the cheapquels without being asked about them by a guest first, then THAT is a story guideline violation for sure.

Last edited:
Like another poster, our best I interaction was with Mr. Incredible and Frozone. Not even Mr. Incredible could hold it together we were laughing so hard. image.jpg

We also had a great time with Buzz. My son asked him to go into Latin mode and Buzz proceeded to show us his best Latin dance moves.

Well mine was more of what i wore starting off with captain Hook and Mr. Smee
turns out they were not a fan of my Peter Pan shirt, and they flat out refused to have a picture with me until i covered it up had the cast member laughing
ec3f742b-1af3-42fb-88bb-9e3dc0e949ed_zpsl80kxfqp.JPG

afterwards i got to meet peter he now flipped when he saw my shirt and was very interactive with me complimenting me about it asking what it said since he couldn't read, and did i have a girl to make sure it stayed clean? and he even hugged me (really out of character for Peter but photographer didn't get that shot lol i plan on trying again this month though

8653cfa0-cd44-4d38-9c76-f0f5e8ecd28f_zpsniguy2hh.JPG

30ca39c7-e4ae-4138-bf45-920356e19b4d_zpsbwbvrhcx.JPG

IT WAS honestly really fun and I'm thankful to say i found on Instagram the "friend" of the Peter i met that night!! i got to persobally send a thank you message for helping turn our trip around. getting to meet my favorite character was great but the fact he was so nice and interacting with me made the bad beginning to the trip not as bad (night before i had to be rushed by ambulance to the ER after in the hotel room being given the med that stops the heart..) we dint get out till early that morning so that was a really nice treat after such a bad start!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter