• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris-

Where's Captain Jack's??? I've not heard of that one! Now, the Ale House serves a dessert called Captain Jack's Buried Treasure!

BTW - I think I would like your mom!! She sounds like my kind of "tormentor"!! :rotfl:

Deb

Oh man, it's one of the oldest restaurants/bars in Disney!! It's in the original Disney Village area (or as we still call it, Lake Buena Vista), it's across from the Rainforest Cafe. It sits on the water, and has a rather large wrap-a-round bar that has great views of the lake and pretty much all of the Disney Village.

They serve the best clam chowder you will ever have! I know some people don't like the place, but we have been going there since I can even remember, heck, the only time I ever saw my grandfather drink a beer was at Captain Jacks when I was a kid. It's easily our #1 place in all of Disney (next to Crockett's Tavern of course ;) ).

I HIGHLY recommend it, if you've never been you should definitely try it out. It's a bit on the expensive side, but well worth it.

Fun Disney fact of the day:

The bartenders at Captain Jack's are some, if not the, longest employed bartenders in all of Walt Disney World. Their one bartender, Tom, has been bartending at Captain Jack's for 23 years. Quite a few of their other bartenders have been there for 15-20 years. That's what makes it such a great place, you always feel like you're coming back home :)

Ok, and since I'm bored, here is a map that shows you where Captain Jack's is (I really can't tell you how much this place has a very large part in our family memories...lol)....

CaptainJacks.jpg
[/img]

I may have to go by there when we go next week. Is this the same thing as Downtown Disney or different. It's been a long week already and it ain't over yet. I have been testing stacks in 3 different city's this week (within 100 miles of Jax) and will be going back to Maxwell House tonight here in town to complete another one. Each test takes about 5 hours to set up, test and pack the equipment up. I'm so ready to get to the fort. At this point they can park my butt in the hitch/unhitch loop and I'd be happy just to be there. Don't get me wrong on the being busy. I work for myself and having work to do is a blessing after reading some other posters situations out there. I'm working on getting Rog's sign blown up to put on our lightpost next week. Hope to meet a lot of dis'ers.

Yea, it's basically all Downtown Disney now, this is just the "original" part, the Disney Village Marketplace as it's called now.

Of all the alcoholic beverages, beer is the most nutritious. A quality microbrew would have the following nutrients (used here is Grant's Scottish Ale from Yakima, WA), per 12 oz. Beer: 145 calories, 2.24 g. protein, 0 grams of fat, 12.7 g. carbohydrates, 75 mg sodium, 0 g. cholesterol, 195 mg. Potassium. Also in there are vitamins B2, B6, B12 and niacin. Wondering why this isn't on the bottle itself? The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms prohibits listing nutritional content because it might suggest the curative and therapeutic effects of beer.

I like beer. It is part of my low cholesterol diet.

Can we get to 5000? I thought Rhonda shut the other one down because it surpassed 4000 posts. Just wondering?

They're supposed to shut down after 250 pages and/or 4000 posts (or something like that. Don't ask me, I just work here.) I don't think it can go to 5000 posts without Disney Campers or me getting in trouble! :eek:

They're supposed to shut down after 250 pages and/or 4000 posts (or something like that. Don't ask me, I just work here.) I don't think it can go to 5000 posts without Disney Campers or me getting in trouble! :eek:

don't want anyone in trouble. I use that line often, " I just work here!" :lmao:

I don't know how many times we must have walked right by Captain Jack's, and I never even noticed it. Just goes to show how easy it is to miss so many good things there. I took a solo trip a year ago, and found so many things by just strolling along with no particular destination in mind.

For those of you that saw my posts last Friday that my DH (77ed) & I were adopting a retired racer Greyhound. Here is a picture of Dundee.
DSC01009-1.jpg

Nice to see this thread back.

1goofy1- I hope Dundee is adjusting okay to the new surroundings. Nice looking dog.

I'm glad to see that the Chit chat thread has restarted with a vengence.I'm sure Gatordad is proud..popcorn::

Wasn't Capt. Jacks originally Chef Mickey's, once upon a time a long time ago?

I believe that was Chef Mickey's. I know that in 94 I went to Chef Mickey's in DTD. I think at the time it was called the Village. I might be wrong about that village thing though.

I don't know how many times we must have walked right by Captain Jack's, and I never even noticed it. Just goes to show how easy it is to miss so many good things there. I took a solo trip a year ago, and found so many things by just strolling along with no particular destination in mind.

Very true. Last October was the first time since 1997 dh and I have been w/o kids in tow. We had time to actually explore at a slow pace.

We may have to try Capt Jacks now...we never have in the past because of so many negative reviews :confused3

I believe that was Chef Mickey's. I know that in 94 I went to Chef Mickey's in DTD. I think at the time it was called the Village. I might be wrong about that village thing though.

Nope, Rainforest Cafe used to be Chef Mickey's.

Are you sure? I thought the RF was a newly built building just for that purpose.:confused3

Nope, clkelley is correct, RF used to be Chef Mickey's, I know I'll never forget it because that is the last place I had gone out to eat with my dad (Oct 1993) before he passed away (March 1994).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter