Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

Hopefully! I just want to know how to plan. I cancelled my spa treatment appt. because I scheduled that based on a sea day. Will have to reschedule port excursions. Someone did post the schedule for Halloween on the High Seas events scheduled on board ( adult party on the 9th).

I just want to know how to plan too. I canceled my excursions but figured they would be canceled anyway. I kpet everything else the way it was.

I just heard back from our excursion company on St. Thomas (Island Wilson Excursions). He said that the island is a mess and he is not sure if he will be able to fulfill the contract even if Disney decides to dock there. He is still trying to get back to the marina where he keeps his boat

double post

Last edited:

Just a quick PSA - folks on the islands are currently focused on finding potable water, food and actual shelter. They are not safe. They have lost homes, pets, possessions and in some cases, human lives.

Now is not the time to email/call/fax/carrier pigeon them because you have to know what's up with your excursion.

I just heard back from our excursion company on St. Thomas (Island Wilson Excursions). He said that the island is a mess and he is not sure if he will be able to fulfill the contract even if Disney decides to dock there. He is still trying to get back to the marina where he keeps his boat
When was your trip?

Just listening to Governor of US Virgin Islands on MSNBC. St. John and St. Thomas totally devastated. St Croix fared ok but now being used as evacuation zone and staging area for relief efforts. I can not imagine those islands being ready for cruise ships for months:(.

Just a quick PSA - folks on the islands are currently focused on finding potable water, food and actual shelter. They are not safe. They have lost homes, pets, possessions and in some cases, human lives.

Now is not the time to email/call/fax/carrier pigeon them because you have to know what's up with your excursion.

Seriously. Talk about tone deaf.

Our government has literally sent in the Marines to provide humanitarian aid. The islands hardest hit won't even be habitable for MONTHS, potentially years. There won't be any cruise ships stopping at St. Thomas or St. Maarten for a very, very long time.

The excursions are cancelled.

I read elsewhere that they will actually be closed all day today and no changes will be announced today, even though the information still says starting today.

The next couple of cruises from PC don't touch the Eastern itinerary. They look to be 3/4 day Dream cruises to CC and Nassau. I think the one that is going to take shuffling is the 9/23 Eastern on Fantasy. That ain't going to Tortola or St. Thomas. No way. No how. NOPE.

I think while the phones are closed, there are people working on the re-routing.

Came over because interested to know if DCL changes their port stops (assuming they will of course)...our next cruise isn't until April so I would imagine/hope for the island sake St. Thomas and Tortola are ok by then, but just wanted to say that I personally would be totally thrilled with 5 days at sea and a stop at Castaway ;) I LOVE at sea days. We took the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan last spring and while we loved the islands we saw, we felt we didn't have enough boat time. This being said I would understand disappointment if you really wanted to see a particular island so not discounting that. Just bringing in the bright side. I seriously love those ships!

Seriously. Talk about tone deaf.

Our government has literally sent in the Marines to provide humanitarian aid. The islands hardest hit won't even be habitable for MONTHS, potentially years. There won't be any cruise ships stopping at St. Thomas or St. Maarten for a very, very long time.

This ^^^ I know someone that lives on St John. These folks are being evacuated because they have no place to live. Water, food is a problem. No internet. They are using satellite phones to notify their families. The island is leveled. I can't even begin to imagine the horror. It will be awhile before they are able to open the doors to tourists. Which makes me sad as it is my favorite place on earth...

Came over because interested to know if DCL changes their port stops (assuming they will of course)...our next cruise isn't until April so I would imagine/hope for the island sake St. Thomas and Tortola are ok by then, but just wanted to say that I personally would be totally thrilled with 5 days at sea and a stop at Castaway ;) I LOVE at sea days. We took the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan last spring and while we loved the islands we saw, we felt we didn't have enough boat time. This being said I would understand disappointment if you really wanted to see a particular island so not discounting that. Just bringing in the bright side. I seriously love those ships!
You can always stay on the ship. No one forces you to leave, except at the end of the cruise. :)

I've been looking at the current port assignments trying to figure where there are holes to fit. There are a lot of non-cruise days at the western ports.

I'm hoping for GC and CC double dip. I didn't like Cozumel or Falmouth.

I LOVED Cozumel. We only were in the port at Jamaica. In Cozumel we did the catamaran to a private beach, and it was open bar the entire time...the beach was great, the crew was lively and engaging, even hosting a dance party for the kids. They stopped to have everyone snorkel, took pics of us in the water and at the beach for a very reasonable price to buy afterwards. I would absolutely do that one again! We had opted not to do any of the tours because we didn't think my son would be too into it.

You can always stay on the ship. No one forces you to leave, except at the end of the cruise. :)
Oh I know! We actually didn't get off in Martinique due to not finding a good excursion, but that was the one island I wish we had gotten off at. I was not thrilled with our St. Lucia day and wish we had stayed on the boat then. It's just that when you stop at all these places you haven't been before, you have an urge to go explore them. We are about to go on our 5th DCL cruise in April and it will be the first time stopping at the same island (St. Thomas...maybe if they recover). But yes, totally get what you're saying about staying on the boat. I just love floating around at sea all day!

Reactions: MUN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter