Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
I thought it might be nice to have a place to keep up to date on any info that comes out for upcoming sailings that will likely have some port/itinerary changes due to the horrible destruction in the caribbean. We sail 10/7 and I am expecting a modified itinerary. My vacation plans don't really matter in light of the devastation of the residents. However, I would like to make the best of whatever vacation we end up having. Lets use this thread to help plan new ports as they are announced. Thanks for any advice along the way. I am sure there will be many changes over the next month.

>>>CURRENT UPDATE from DCL<<<
Tropical Weather Update
9/23, 10/7, and 10/21 Eastern sailings are now western sailings. Awaiting updates for subsequent sailings.
11/4, 11/18, and 12/2 are now western with costa maya in lieu of Falmouth.
12/16 fantasy eastern is now western minus Jamaica.
11/26 NY-SJ is now stopping in St. John's Antigua instead of Tortola. The 12/1 SJ-Miami now has an all aboard time of 7:00pm.

Last edited:
I was wondering the samething, we sail 9/23 on the Fantasy. The video coming out of those islands is heartbreaking!

I thought it might be nice to have a place to keep up to date on any info that comes out for upcoming sailings that will likely have some port/itinerary changes due to the horrible destruction in the caribbean. We sail 10/7 and I am expecting a modified itinerary. My vacation plans don't really matter in light of the devastation of the residents. However, I would like to make the best of whatever vacation we end up having. Lets use this thread to help plan new ports as they are announced. Thanks for any advice along the way. I am sure there will be many changes over the next month.

We are on the same cruise and were talking about it today. I wonder if it will switch to a Western.

We are in the path of Irma and are suppose to sail on the 30th, hoping for the best for Florida.
Seeing the destruction on these islands is so sad..... some of these people have so little to begin with and then this happens.
Yesterday our local news had a reporter in San Juan and he was at La Perla and there were people who wouldn't evacuate and their homes were right on top of the ocean and looked in disrepair before the storm, no shutters but some had no windows at all..... I am so worried for those people and how they faired.

We are on the same cruise and were talking about it today. I wonder if it will switch to a Western.

We're on that same cruise. I expect we won't be doing Eastern at all, but maybe change it to a Western.

Western is one option. But I don't think that can be the plan for every single sailing. Seems there won't be enough room at the ports for every eastern sailing of every cruise line to just switch to westerns. I am hoping for something more creative. We did westerns our last two sailings, so I am really not excited at the idea of another one. $30k in vacations to visit the same island 3x in a row...ugghh.

We are in the path of Irma and are suppose to sail on the 30th, hoping for the best for Florida.
Seeing the destruction on these islands is so sad..... some of these people have so little to begin with and then this happens.
Yesterday our local news had a reporter in San Juan and he was at La Perla and there were people who wouldn't evacuate and their homes were right on top of the ocean and looked in disrepair before the storm, no shutters but some had no windows at all..... I am so worried for those people and how they faired.

Terribly sad. Prayers for your safety and home.

we are on the 4 night dream to the Bahamas and CC. Wonder what the change will be if there is one. Any guesses?

we are on the 4 night dream to the Bahamas and CC. Wonder what the change will be if there is one. Any guesses?

I have zero insight, but they could possibly use San Juan seems it isn't getting the brunt of the storm. Maybe bermuda? Not sure how much travel time is needed to get there. Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

I have zero insight, but they could possibly use San Juan seems it isn't getting the brunt of the storm. Maybe bermuda? Not sure how much travel time is needed to get there. Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

I just received an email from a restaurant right on the ocean, we ate at in San Juan this past April, saying that they are opening back up tonight. I'm so happy to hear that!
Guess they are lucky enough to have power restored already, earlier there was a report that 70% of the island was without power.

We are sailing (hopefully) on 09/25 on the Dream. It will be my kiddo's first cruise, and I am holing we can still make it.

Yep, that is my thought. I think Tortola will be a "no go" for awhile. St. Maarten is probably off the list for awhile as well, if that is still a current port of call.

I have family in San Juan. It seems to have fared very well. No major damage and most of the city has power, no issues.

I'm guessing if the Bahamas were cancelled and you went to say San Juan that CC is not doable even if it's in good enough shape to dock? I'm not sure for a 4 day if there's enough time to get there.

I'm guessing if the Bahamas were cancelled and you went to say San Juan that CC is not doable even if it's in good enough shape to dock? I'm not sure for a 4 day if there's enough time to get there.

No one knows if CC will be usable or not at this point. Unless I missed an announcement somewhere?

No one knows if CC will be usable or not at this point. Unless I missed an announcement somewhere?

I don't think we'll find out until Sunday/Monday with certainty the status of CC but as of now Irma looks like it will pass a safe distance away. Who knows about Jose.

As I said Cozumel is definitely fine. Sitting across from a TV showing CNN Tortola is heartbreaking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!