Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

The cruise out this weekend is Western Carribean so won't know about Eastern until next week. We were booked on the now canceled 9/9 cruise. We rebooked for 10/28 Western VGT rate. Figured the Eastern is going to be ready to receive for awhile. Waiting for 9/18 to book a November 2018 cruise with the 25% off.

Not quite sure where to post this, but the Park 'N Cruise Port Canaveral posted that they were hit by a tornado. Nobody was hurt thankfully but most cars parked there were damaged to some extent. Needless to say the lot will be closed for upcoming cruises. The port itself is still closed but DCL seems confident that it will be open for the 9/15 and 9/16 sailings. Regarding those sailings the Port of Nassau is open with reports that the island suffered very little damage if any. Still no word I can find on Castaway Cay but no reason to expect any major problems there either.

They have posted pictures on their Facebook and the damage is pretty bad.

Just saw this posted on the Port Canaveral site:

Port opened by U.S. Coast Guard with operating restrictions; prepares for vessel arrivals scheduled for today and tomorrow
Port Canaveral, FL – Sept. 12, 2017 – Efforts are well underway at Port Canaveral to resume normal operations. As of 12 noon today, the U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port (COTP) approved restricted commercial vessel transit through Port Canaveral to allow the Port to support the arrival of critical fuel supplies destined for Florida consumers, and to receive cruise ships that were diverted from Port Canaveral prior to the arrival of Hurricane Irma. Port Canaveral previously had limited operations capability due to lack of water and limited electric power. However, this update to the Port's Condition Zulu confirms the Port's ability to regain full operational capability over the next few days.

"Our ability to supply the critical fuel needs of Florida has been a priority. We have been working diligently with the Coast Guard, our Port partners and tenants to ensure their businesses are in good shape to resume business operations," said Port CEO John Murray.

"Seaport Canaveral is operating at 100 percent and is moving gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel throughout the state. The steady stream of trucks that were in queue for loading fuels beginning last night, have been loading and moving out to make their deliveries."

"Seaport Canaveral Corp. is currently supporting the needs of the State with full involvement from our customers, suppliers, haulers and drivers. Our main priority remains the safety and wellbeing of everyone including our people and their families, our surroundings and the environment," said Clement Saaltink, General Manager.

"Arriving in Port this afternoon, we have a fuel tanker vessel delivering gasoline to add to Seaport Canaveral's capacity, and two more tankers are on their way here," said Capt. Murray. "Tomorrow, we will have two homeported cruise ships arriving in Port for debark and embark passenger operations, and beginning Friday, will begin to board passengers for their regularly scheduled cruise itineraries."

Port Canaveral is continuing to assess the damage to its facilities and grounds from Hurricane Irma. Initial status reports have indicated mostly cosmetic damage and significant debris removal. The Port's pre-storm preparations and mitigation efforts prior to Irma's arrival helped to reduce the risk of catastrophic damage to the Port's buildings and operations. Returning the Port to full operational status was hampered by the loss of power and failure of the City of Cocoa water system which supplies the Port.

Cruise passengers scheduled to depart Port Canaveral are advised to check with their respective cruise lines to confirm details of their ship’s arrival and departure from Port Canaveral.

Tropical Weather Update
September 12, 2017 – 5:00 p.m.

Disney Dream Sailings - September 15 and beyond

The Disney Dream is expected to sail as scheduled on Friday, September 15. Port Canaveral is currently closed and is expected to re-open prior to Friday’s sailing. Should any changes be needed, we will notify Guests.

Disney Fantasy - September 16 Sailing

The Disney Fantasy is expected to sail on its Western Caribbean itinerary as scheduled on Saturday, September 16. Port Canaveral is currently closed and is expected to re-open later this week. Should any changes be needed, we will notify Guests.

Disney Fantasy – Eastern Caribbean Sailings

We continue to assess Hurricane Irma’s impact on the ports of call we visit in the Caribbean and Bahamas. Updates regarding any necessary itinerary changes will be posted on our website later this week.

Fantasy is just north of Cuba west of Havana and Dream heading up south of Miami

Or pretty much any Six Flags I've ever been to.

Really!? I haven't been to a six flag in a couple decades, but I don't remember anything to the level of inappropriate I saw in Jamaica. To clarify, I am not referring to scantily clad people, I am talking about male genetalia printed on a tshirt, etc.

They have posted pictures on their Facebook and the damage is pretty bad.

Exactly where did you get this info from? The below was posted today by Port Canaveral.

Hurricane Irma: Cruise Parking Update

Port Canaveral has inspected all of its on-port Cruise Terminal parking garages. There was NO flooding and we have no reported visible damage to vehicles resulting from the storm’s winds. Please know, however, that Port Canaveral does not own or operate any off-site cruise parking facilities or services. But, at Port Canaveral’s request, our Port Security officials are working to assess the situation, and we have been communicating with Port partners, and the cruise lines and their agents. Message from Park ‘N Cruise…”Customers currently on Carnival Magic or the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas can text their valet ticket # to 866-706-8999 for an update on your vehicle’s condition.”

So,, Looks like we are all OK. I hope we have limited drama going forward from now.

Really!? I haven't been to a six flag in a couple decades, but I don't remember anything to the level of inappropriate I saw in Jamaica. To clarify, I am not referring to scantily clad people, I am talking about male genetalia printed on a tshirt, etc.

I think the full back tattoo I saw that featured Satan and a naked girl, doing things, in the family splash area of a waterpark, is my current "what are you even thinking" winner.

Yep. It can get pretty raunchy.

I'm fairly certain it will not be Key West anytime soon.

Definitely not. Friends who are there are having a hard enough time without power. Water has to be boiled. Most homes are pretty much intact, but there is a ton of cleanup to do. Key West didn't get nearly as much damage as everything up island from Cudjoe (which got demolished), but they're still going to be mopping out and cleaning for weeks. There's not even an estimate as to when they expect to have power. Several of my friends either evacuated or were out of country when they got hit and don't know when they're going to be able to go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter