Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

I am hoping to not do a western. We did that our last 2 cruises. We spend a lot to cruise with a family of 6, so it will be quite a let down if we just spent another $10k for a third trip to the same ports. Obviously the people on the islands have it worse than me just worrying about a vacation, but we wouldn't have chosen to book a western again so that would be very disappointing. Doubt they'd let us cancel, but if they did I think we'd opt to do so.
What other options would there be? Would Aruba be a possibility or is that too far?

What other options would there be? Would Aruba be a possibility or is that too far?

San Juan maybe. Also read somewhere St Kitts may work.

I don't imagine every ship for all the lines that were eastern can suddenly do western. Seems too many ships and not enough port space. I am not well versed in any of this though.

I am hoping to not do a western. We did that our last 2 cruises. We spend a lot to cruise with a family of 6, so it will be quite a let down if we just spent another $10k for a third trip to the same ports. Obviously the people on the islands have it worse than me just worrying about a vacation, but we wouldn't have chosen to book a western again so that would be very disappointing. Doubt they'd let us cancel, but if they did I think we'd opt to do so.

Depending on when it is, there may be an Eastern the same week, just a day later. I know starting in late January or early February the Wonder is out of PC and they and the Fantasy are alternating Eastern and Westerns.

Depending on when it is, there may be an Eastern the same week, just a day later. I know starting in late January or early February the Wonder is out of PC and they and the Fantasy are alternating Eastern and Westerns.

October 7

I've been looking at the current port assignments trying to figure where there are holes to fit. There are a lot of non-cruise days at the western ports.

I'm hoping for GC and CC double dip. I didn't like Cozumel or Falmouth.

I'd be ok with that. Agree on Cozumel and Falmouth.

Like many others on this thread, we are on the 9/23 Eastern also. I'm up for just about anything but would love a 1 week sea sea cruise with a stop at CC. I love the Disney ships!

9/23 cruisers here too. My whole family agrees a week of sea days with a CC visit (or two!) would be perfect.

Prayers for the islands that have been hit. The devastation is heartbreaking.

Hang tight, Florida! Praying for you all too!

I live in Delray Beach Florida and it was quite a ride last night. I have a wireless weather station on my house and was watching it all night. The image below shows the wind conditions at 5:00 PM. the top number is the average wind speed during a 16 second interval, the 2nd line is the highest gust during that same interval. We weren't expecting that level of winds.

Once they know which ones they can offer. Keep in mind that there were likely ships already booked in and there may be additional ships booking in so the slots DCL automatically has on the already scheduled Western stops won't necessarily be available.

Agreed. Falmouth is a Royal Caribbean-built port, so I'd imagine they get priority for docking. I don't know how many ships can hit Grand Cayman, but they may be able to use it. Cozumel only has two slots in one port and, I believe, three in the other. These are the only Western Caribbean ports Disney goes to, so I would venture to say these are the only ones they have agreements with. Perhaps Belize, Honduras, etc. will be added for variety until the Eastern Caribbean gets somewhat back on their feet. I haven't seen pictures of Havensight in St. Thomas, but I was in St. Thomas about five or six months after Marilyn and their airport wasn't open yet (we had outside baggage checks), there were blue tarps on many of the roofs (those that weren't destroyed completely), there were sunken boats in the harbor and grounded sailboats on almost every beach we passed as we cruised the islands.

Agreed. Falmouth is a Royal Caribbean-built port, so I'd imagine they get priority for docking. I don't know how many ships can hit Grand Cayman, but they may be able to use it. Cozumel only has two slots in one port and, I believe, three in the other. These are the only Western Caribbean ports Disney goes to, so I would venture to say these are the only ones they have agreements with. Perhaps Belize, Honduras, etc. will be added for variety until the Eastern Caribbean gets somewhat back on their feet. I haven't seen pictures of Havensight in St. Thomas, but I was in St. Thomas about five or six months after Marilyn and their airport wasn't open yet (we had outside baggage checks), there were blue tarps on many of the roofs (those that weren't destroyed completely), there were sunken boats in the harbor and grounded sailboats on almost every beach we passed as we cruised the islands.

DCL has gone to Costa Maya before, so that could be a possibility.

I haven't seen pictures of Havensight in St. Thomas, but I was in St. Thomas about five or six months after Marilyn and their airport wasn't open yet (we had outside baggage checks), there were blue tarps on many of the roofs (those that weren't destroyed completely), there were sunken boats in the harbor and grounded sailboats on almost every beach we passed as we cruised the islands.

Given the pictures I have seen of St. Thomas, I cannot imagine that Havensight or the other dock is at all usable right now. The airport is a mess, and they're using St. Croix as the staging area for both air and sea support, which is also a bit of a sign that the main docks on St. Thomas proper are a mess.

This article is more concerned about potable water than anything else, which is also a sign.

http://stthomassource.com/content/2017/09/10/wapa-restores-power-to-portions-of-st-thomas/

I've seen that some lines are using Aruba and Domenica.

Aruba (ABC islands) are too far for ships coming out of Port Canaveral. The same goes for the southern Caribbean islands like Dominica or Grenada and St. Lucia/Barbados - they too far from PC. Maybe Martinique and St. Kitts are options as well as Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic ports are options for substitutions for Fantasy.

Seems to me Grand Cayman would be the most likely option since they use tendering. With tendering, the amount of ships is not limited to the number of slots you have in a traditional port. So you could potentially "port" as many ships as you like and it wouldn't matter how many cruise lines switched their itinerary to that port.

sorry, the image wouldn't load because we have no internet

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-11_9-35-33.png
    upload_2017-9-11_9-35-33.png
    714.5 KB · Views: 47

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter