Uggh!! Why does life have to be so unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know how public schools are runnedbut the school I send my children too will expell any student who consistently has more than 4 absenses
per year that are not substantited because of a doctor's diagnosed illness, death in the immediate family, or grand emergency.

The school my children go to provides many activities throughout the year that promotes family time.

This is a Christian private school, not a public school.

Generally I'd stay away from this type of stuff but I cannot help myself on this one. You should be absolutely embarrassed for writing that post. If you ever had to deal with any real adversity I'd hate to see how you'd react. Do have any idea how conceited, obnoxious and pampered you made yourself sound? Congratulations of what is clearly a wonderful life for you.

Generally I'd stay away from this type of stuff but I cannot help myself on this one. You should be absolutely embarrassed for writing that post. If you ever had to deal with any real adversity I'd hate to see how you'd react. Do have any idea how conceited, obnoxious and pampered you made yourself sound? Congratulations of what is clearly a wonderful life for you.

Those were some rather harsh comments don't you think. I don't expect evryone to understand, but for those that do, thank you. Life is always about finding ways to make it better. If you remain content with what you have then you will never be any better than you are right now.

When I read the title of this thread, I thought I would be reading a heart wrenching story about an illness, financial distress, or family tragedy. Instead I found myself reading about promotions, children being active and successful, and a family that vacations twice a year typcially. Oh, and the horrendous news that your family HAD to drop everything to celebrate a wedding in Hawaii.

The horror...the horror...

I really don't know how public schools are runnedbut the school I send my children too will expell any student who consistently has more than 4 absenses
per year that are not substantited because of a doctor's diagnosed illness, death in the immediate family, or grand emergency.

The school my children go to provides many activities throughout the year that promotes family time.

:scared1:

popcorn::

This is what I love about the DISboards, only here will you find people complain that their life sucks since they couldn't go on a vacation to Disney World because their spouse got a big promotion, their kids participate in extracurricular activities, and....because they had to go on a trip to Hawaii :rolleyes:

Okay, so let me begin by saying that my dh, 2 ds's, dd, and I have made the trek to the wonderful world of Disney twice a year for the past 6 years. Except we couldn't go at the end of last year as planned because my sister was getting married and literally annouced 4 months prior to the wedding that it was going to be on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. We all had to put our lives on hold and fly over there for her wedding. Now, as the spring is approaching when we should be going to Disney World, it is looking less likely. My dh just got a massive promotion and is skeptical about taking anytime off right now.

I'm worried now about any future possibilities about returning to Disney World. My eldest son is on an Ultimate Frisbee team and my youngest is going to try out for little league next year. My daughter has her hands full with dance practice and volleyball. Sometimes I hate my life. :guilty:

Ok, I know you're probably just venting. Your kids can miss a sports competition. I'm sorry that your husband getting a promotion and your children living busy and fulfilling lives makes you hate your life.

I'm 23 years old. My dad is 61. He's dying. We're trying to squeeze in one last trip with him this month, but he's so weak it's probably not going to happen. I can't pull him out of the grave down the road and take him. My dad is not going to get to meet his grandchildren. My kids will only have one grandparent. My kids will never get to go to Disney with their grandpa.

You really need to count your blessings.

Ok, I know you're probably just venting. Your kids can miss a sports competition. I'm sorry that your husband getting a promotion and your children living busy and fulfilling lives makes you hate your life.

I'm 23 years old. My dad is 61. He's dying. We're trying to squeeze in one last trip with him this month, but he's so weak it's probably not going to happen. I can't pull him out of the grave down the road and take him. My dad is not going to get to meet his grandchildren. My kids will only have one grandparent. My kids will never get to go to Disney with their grandpa.

You really need to count your blessings.

I'm truly saddened to hear that about your father. If he is unable to go maybe the money could be spent to bring something magical to him instead. You could throw a huge party in his honor at home for him. Invite all his friends and family and it could be the greatest day he ever had. Then if your father isn't too week you can have your father record a message for your future grandchildren so they can know what a great man he was.

Those were some rather harsh comments don't you think. I don't expect evryone to understand, but for those that do, thank you. Life is always about finding ways to make it better. If you remain content with what you have then you will never be any better than you are right now.

Uh no I don't think they are harsh at all. Some people don't like being called out, some don't the truth, but the bottom line is that when you are complaining about having to take trips to Hawaii, your spouse getting a promotion in an economy that has millions out of work, and the fact that your kids (let me emphasize, YOUR kids, you know the ones you chose to have) actually have the audacity to have their own lives that require you be a parent I think its safe to say that a reality check is in order.

Uh no I don't think they are harsh at all. Some people don't like being called out, some don't the truth, but the bottom line is that when you are complaining about having to take trips to Hawaii, your spouse getting a promotion in an economy that has millions out of work, and the fact that your kids (let me emphasize, YOUR kids, you know the ones you chose to have) actually have the audacity to have their own lives that require you be a parent I think its safe to say that a reality check is in order.

First of all I never said my kids were a burden. I am truly blessed by the grace of God to have them. Secondly it is not my husband's problem that the economy is terrible. You can thank your 44th president for that. Finally, third, I'm sorry to have the audacity to vent about my frustrations. Everyone has the right to have some time for themselves once in a while. Jealous much?

TROLL!! The only thing left off is her *****ing about her small 38C's. She always wanted to be a 38DD and now can't afford the surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter