• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uggh!! Why does life have to be so unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-12 visits to WDW in the last 6 years. Check
-being a guest at your DSis's destination wedding on the gorgeous Hawaiian island of Kauai. Check
-Your DH has just received a major promotion (and raise in salary?). Check
-Two young, healthy sons who are active in sports. Check
-A young healthy daughter who is active in both sports and dancing. Check.

Yep. You poor, poor thing. Your life really sucks.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It sounds like the OP is in some serious Disney withdrawal. Have you considered a solo trip without the hubby and kids? Some "me time" might be just what the doctor ordered.

I just really love disney world. I'm sorry if that comes off as sounding ungratful. I watch fox news everyday and am WELL aware of the problems this country is facing. My DH and I donate a generous sum every year to our local church.

And......there it is! If you didn't take the bait on the first post, here's some more to tempt you! hahahahah! :rotfl2:

Wow, sorry to hear that you hate your life. Apparently it takes a lot to make you happy.

Watch the news, walk around a big city and notice the homeless people, think about the sick people with no medical insurance..... yeah, you're life sucks right?

I just really love disney world. I'm sorry if that comes off as sounding ungratful. I watch fox news everyday and am WELL aware of the problems this country is facing. My DH and I donate a generous sum every year to our local church.

Oh THANK G-D for Fox News.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It sounds like the OP is in some serious Disney withdrawal. Have you considered a solo trip without the hubby and kids? Some "me time" might be just what the doctor ordered.

I could never do that. My DH is very busy with his own work and I don't trust anyone else with my kids. Maybe when my eldest son is old enough to look after the others but that is not for a few years yet.

I'm impressed that you could take all those trips without ever taking your children out of school (you know, since doing so would be child abuse - according to another of your posts).

I'm impressed that you could take all those trips without ever taking your children out of school (you know, since doing so would be child abuse - according to another of your posts).

Excuse me but we take our children to Disney World during their spring and winter breaks. Yes, it is neglect of a child's education to remove them from regular class for weeks.

Come on. I hope you all are sharp enough to see when you're being mocked for working hard enough to take your families to Disney, then having the "nerve" to post trip reports, watch Fox News and attend church. I think the OP needs to be getting back to their local "Occupy" mob, er, I mean rally.

I didn't read all the post ahead of mine but regardless of all blessings in our life it is always disappointing when you are use to going to Disney and won't be able to. Hopefully you will get to return to Disney soon!! :goodvibes

Excuse me but we take our children to Disney World during their spring and winter breaks. Yes, it is neglect of a child's education to remove them from regular class for weeks.

Not all states or school districts feel that way. Some actually allow for Disney to be an educational trip. I have friends who take their children out of school for vacation because it's the only time that they can get away as a family. Not only does the school NOT consider it neglect, they actually encourage that family time.

This morning my caviar was delivered late from Russia as a result I got later to Fendi store and this lady got the bag I wanted...Life is so unfair...

Not all states or school districts feel that way. Some actually allow for Disney to be an educational trip. I have friends who take their children out of school for vacation because it's the only time that they can get away as a family. Not only does the school NOT consider it neglect, they actually encourage that family time.

I really don't know how public schools are runnedbut the school I send my children too will expell any student who consistently has more than 4 absenses
per year that are not substantited because of a doctor's diagnosed illness, death in the immediate family, or grand emergency.

The school my children go to provides many activities throughout the year that promotes family time.

Okay, so let me begin by saying that my dh, 2 ds's, dd, and I have made the trek to the wonderful world of Disney twice a year for the past 6 years. Except we couldn't go at the end of last year as planned because my sister was getting married and literally annouced 4 months prior to the wedding that it was going to be on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. We all had to put our lives on hold and fly over there for her wedding. Now, as the spring is approaching when we should be going to Disney World, it is looking less likely. My dh just got a massive promotion and is skeptical about taking anytime off right now.

I'm worried now about any future possibilities about returning to Disney World. My eldest son is on an Ultimate Frisbee team and my youngest is going to try out for little league next year. My daughter has her hands full with dance practice and volleyball. Sometimes I hate my life. :guilty:

This post proves my long held belief that people on the Dis will complain about anything!

I really don't know how public schools are runnedbut the school I send my children too will expell any student who consistently has more than 4 absenses
per year that are not substantited because of a doctor's diagnosed illness, death in the immediate family, or grand emergency.

The school my children go to provides many activities throughout the year that promotes family time.

Our public schools teach us that they are run, not runned. You don't know how public schools operate, yet you make the definitive statement that most states consider missing school for vacation as neglect?

Oh, you make me laugh.

Okay, so let me begin by saying that my dh, 2 ds's, dd, and I have made the trek to the wonderful world of Disney twice a year for the past 6 years. Except we couldn't go at the end of last year as planned because my sister was getting married and literally annouced 4 months prior to the wedding that it was going to be on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. We all had to put our lives on hold and fly over there for her wedding. Now, as the spring is approaching when we should be going to Disney World, it is looking less likely. My dh just got a massive promotion and is skeptical about taking anytime off right now.

I'm worried now about any future possibilities about returning to Disney World. My eldest son is on an Ultimate Frisbee team and my youngest is going to try out for little league next year. My daughter has her hands full with dance practice and volleyball. Sometimes I hate my life. :guilty:

I totally understand the need to vent. Somtimes you just have to vent, pull up your big girl pants, and move on. Life right now is hard for everyone. Personally, my DH went without a job for 2 years before he decided to go to work for his father's company fixing appliances. He got tired of being interviewed by people with less education than himself, only to not get the job. Now we get to pay back the loans for the networking and communications bachelor's and master's degrees, in addition to the ones for his MBA (he's just one class short). Then November 2010, we had to move in with his parents to help with my mil's health, and now my fil's health is tanking. This leaves running the business to me and my DH, but thankfully the mil is starting back at it. The wonderful steriods they put my fil on, who is diabetic, makes Grumpy look like Happy. I get to help with the business, take care of two teenage DSs (one that has petite mal seizures and mild ASD), watch my nephew after school, most if not all of the cooking and cleaning for 9 people, and take college classes all while living with my inlaws. So trust me, I understand needing to vent. I just hope it helped you to do it. :hug::flower3:

Sorry life is giving you some rough spots, MT.

And I love the name, MagicalTrousers, LOL, welcome to the dis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter