Uggh!! Why does life have to be so unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicalTrousers

Earning My Ears
Okay, so let me begin by saying that my dh, 2 ds's, dd, and I have made the trek to the wonderful world of Disney twice a year for the past 6 years. Except we couldn't go at the end of last year as planned because my sister was getting married and literally annouced 4 months prior to the wedding that it was going to be on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. We all had to put our lives on hold and fly over there for her wedding. Now, as the spring is approaching when we should be going to Disney World, it is looking less likely. My dh just got a massive promotion and is skeptical about taking anytime off right now.

I'm worried now about any future possibilities about returning to Disney World. My eldest son is on an Ultimate Frisbee team and my youngest is going to try out for little league next year. My daughter has her hands full with dance practice and volleyball. Sometimes I hate my life. :guilty:

I'm guessing you just needed to vent cause having children who are able to particiapte in sports and the arts, a husband who got a promotion, and you were able to go to Hawaii - well I think that sounds like a charmed life to me.

Are you bragging or complaining?

Seriously, I know how you feel. Our lives are controlled by the kids activities and schedules X 5! Plus, throw in a husband that sings for our supper, (gigs can be booked over a year in advance) and there are times when I'm the only one with any time for a vacation.

Hmmm... :idea: maybe I should just vacation when it's good for me!

-12 visits to WDW in the last 6 years. Check
-being a guest at your DSis's destination wedding on the gorgeous Hawaiian island of Kauai. Check
-Your DH has just received a major promotion (and raise in salary?). Check
-Two young, healthy sons who are active in sports. Check
-A young healthy daughter who is active in both sports and dancing. Check.

Yep. You poor, poor thing. Your life really sucks.

I'm guessing you just needed to vent cause having children who are able to particiapte in sports and the arts, a husband who got a promotion, and you were able to go to Hawaii - well I think that sounds like a charmed life to me.

Thank you for at least partially understanding. It's just that I have no chance to do anything I want to do. My family is important to me but everything ALWAYS has to come first for them and for me when the chance in convient which it never is!

Wow. Must be rough. I just don't know how I would cope with that. *cue worlds tiniest violin playing "my heart bleeds for you."

-12 visits to WDW in the last 6 years. Check
-being a guest at your DSis's destination wedding on the gorgeous Hawaiian island of Kauai. Check
-Your DH has just received a major promotion (and raise in salary?). Check
-Two young, healthy sons who are active in sports. Check
-A young healthy daughter who is active in both sports and dancing. Check.

Yep. You poor, poor thing. Your life really sucks.

I kinda wish there was a like button here on the dis! :thumbsup2

I guess all things in life - both good & bad are all about perspective.

Okay, so let me begin by saying that my dh, 2 ds's, dd, and I have made the trek to the wonderful world of Disney twice a year for the past 6 years. Except we couldn't go at the end of last year as planned because my sister was getting married and literally annouced 4 months prior to the wedding that it was going to be on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. We all had to put our lives on hold and fly over there for her wedding. Now, as the spring is approaching when we should be going to Disney World, it is looking less likely. My dh just got a massive promotion and is skeptical about taking anytime off right now.

I'm worried now about any future possibilities about returning to Disney World. My eldest son is on an Ultimate Frisbee team and my youngest is going to try out for little league next year. My daughter has her hands full with dance practice and volleyball. Sometimes I hate my life. :guilty:

Personally, I think you should watch the national news tonight to see how badly people are really hurting around the country tonight, then count your blessings. :sad2:

Surely this post is yet another attempt just get people on here riled up. No one is this out-of-touch with real problems faced by real people. Right? (I'm afraid I know the answer, but I still say this is just an attempt to inflame--DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!)

Is it just me or have I missed the part where life is unfair? ;)

OP -- I get that you love Disney and it's upsetting that you can't easily see when your next trip will be to this place you love. But it's really hard to feel sorry for you based on what you've written.

Seriously. Re-read what you wrote and think about it from the POV of someone who has saved for years to make a possibly once-in-a-lifetime trip to WDW and can't even fathom a situation where they'd be able to afford to fly to Hawaii for a wedding.

Maybe count your blessings a little, KWIM?

:earsboy:

Are you bragging or complaining?

Seriously, I know how you feel. Our lives are controlled by the kids activities and schedules X 5! Plus, throw in a husband that sings for our supper, (gigs can be booked over a year in advance) and there are times when I'm the only one with any time for a vacation.

Hmmm... :idea: maybe I should just vacation when it's good for me!

At least I can revel in some of the joy that other people tell about their stories to Disney World. Reading all the people planning for the trip gets me excited as if I was going. If I do manage to go again I'll be sure to post a whole story about it so others who couldn't make it don't feel out of the loop. :cloud9:

stephmarty said:
Surely this post is yet another attempt just get people on here riled up. No one is this out-of-touch with real problems faced by real people. Right? (I'm afraid I know the answer, but I still say this is just an attempt to inflame--DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!)

Agreed. Don't take the bait. This person only has 10 posts and is stirring up trouble.

My gosh, aren't you afraid of tempting fate with this post? I think you might need a reality check. Please take a few moments to count your blessings!

Personally, I think you should watch the national news tonight to see how badly people are really hurting around the country tonight, then count your blessings. :sad2:

I just really love disney world. I'm sorry if that comes off as sounding ungratful. I watch fox news everyday and am WELL aware of the problems this country is facing. My DH and I donate a generous sum every year to our local church.

Please forgive me for what I'm about to type, but you need to get some perspective.

My childhood was spent watching my oldest sister get horribly abused and injured at the hands of my mother. It resulted in my having PTSD and anxiety problems for life.

My daughter has cerebral palsy, vision impairment and 31 other diagnoses. I wish she coiuld compete in sports (so does she). My husband is not up for a promotion becuase of the time spent away from work taking her to her medical appointments.

My identical twin sister commited suicide 5 years ago. Enter complex PTSD. She never had a proper wedding.

But I love my life and everyone in it. I am grateful for what I do have.

Oh, and we're scrimping and saving every penny to take our first trip to Disney. I couldn't be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter