Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Disney's sake, they better hope that the dog bringers have a lot of money to spend and bring, because they will likely lose some of their regular customers.

No offense to Cast members, but how many of them do you actually see enforcing anything?

As a side note: I will do everyone a favor and not bring my dog. he's a horrible shedder and there's no way they'd get every hair, esp. with the amount of hours hed be jumping around hanging out in there.
Not necessarily. I’m an AP regular customer & might end up being a “dog bringer”. So they may loose some who are unhappy, but I suspect many won’t know or care.

Sorry but I don't believe will be the case. Have you checked out the dog relief area maps. The relief areas are all over the resorts. AOA has one right by the bridge to POP. No where near little mermaid rooms or Cars. Why? Also POR has four located all over the resort.

Can you share where you found the relief areas? thanks!

There's a difference between panicking and expressing concern. Most of what I have read has been the latter, but - and I mean this sincerely - that is easier to recognise if you are in a similar boat yourself, because you realize it's real and relevant concern (based on personal experience) rather than simple bluster or over-reaction (my words, not yours, based on this thread as a whole).

Expressing concern and having to avoid dogs doesn't necessarily mean not liking or loving dogs.

If you have direct experience of difficulties re. dogs (and people who don't are fortunate) you understand the backlash as people dread having to deal with this now on a Disney vacation.

You have summed this nightmare up beautifully; "people dread having to deal with this now on a Disney vacation".

I really can't believe they put the relief area at YC so close to the hot tub. Seriously? Who wants to be relaxing in a hot tub and smelling dog crap? I guess on one hand it's away in the sense it's only on one side of the building and towards the end but come on.

You have summed this nightmare up beautifully; "people dread having to deal with this now on a Disney vacation".

Exactly. I dread it the way I would dread anything that interfered with the overall experience that I have grown to love about my Disney trips. There are already challenges and things on vacation with 3 kids that cause issues here and there, but this is just something I absolutely do not want to deal with in any way shape or form.

I really can't believe they put the relief area at YC so close to the hot tub. Seriously? Who wants to be relaxing in a hot tub and smelling dog crap? I guess on one hand it's away in the sense it's only on side of the building but come on.

Only grass I see in that spot ..... and who thought this was a good idea?

01aea587-0224-4d8b-ba46-a777dad02f3a.png

If Disney were being honest about "Relief Areas" they would have just put a big red x over the whole resort (all four of them).

Oh Oh maybe they will put in some of these ... so they are easy to find. ;)

img_1403.jpg

Agree. And I just read somewhere that Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club, Art of Animation and Fort Wilderness have each posted new signs at their entrances that read "Okay dogs, let 'er rip!"

Sorry... Sunshine. Happy times. Smiles. A.B.C.D.E.F.G.

What?!!! As if the crap bins weren't already an eyesore. That's got to be a joke.

Keeping up with this thread and thinking about other things related to the Theme Parks post on drinking at F&W (yeah, I'm a glutton for threads on controversial topics this week):

1) There's a lot of concern about the fallout from irresponsible owners and bad dogs. As guests, though, none of us have control over that. Since Disney has instituted this policy (more on that in a bit), my view is that dog owners be provided the benefit of the doubt to be responsible unless they demonstrate otherwise. Will all of them be responsible? Nope - but my argument isn't with them but how Disney handles it (having introduced this new dynamic). Of course, that doesn't address those with allergies or phobias - which also doesn't go to the owners/dogs, but back to Disney to accommodate all of their guests. Which leads us to....

2) The frustration and doubts about Disney's policy here. The roll-out has been a mess - with vague and at times inconsistent information available to dog owners who might use this policy while failing to assuage the concerns of other guests who oppose this move to hastily pushing it through while relying on CMs and resort staff caught flat-footed. Ideally, everyone trusts Disney's ability to follow through on guest satisfaction and address those issues in item (1) - but instead the rollout didn't inspire much confidence at all from anyone. Does Disney deserve any deference or the benefit of the doubt? I'm not so sure yet - but my inclination is to say they'll have to earn it on this one. They're trying with the responses so far to help guests who complain, but the proof will be what we see happening during the trial and actual policy adjustments (although I'm still cynical and believe that process will be driven mostly by dollars rather than best interests).

Final point: I hope that one thing that Disney has realized in all this is that - just like there's a market for pet-friendly rooms - there is a substantial market of guests who want pet-free resorts. Fingers crossed they don't try to upsell that or figure out how to profit off both the pro and anti crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter