Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisann

Thank you Walt
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/10/dogs-welcome-at-select-walt-disney-world-hotels-starting-oct-15/

I'm an A-1 super duper dog fan....but not at my resort. I don't want to hear Skippy in the next room yapping at midnight, or at 5 am (yes, I know..the infant comparison). I also don't want to be in a resort room in which previously there was a dog.

Next up....fleas in the rooms.

I don't think it's a good idea, but I'm sure that some of you will.

What do you think? :)

Resort trial will be held at Ft Wilderness Cabins, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside and Yacht Club.

ETA: If you want to voice your opinion to those at Disney.... (thanks to @Ensusieasm)

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

And cc these folks too:

Robert.a.iger@disney.com
Robert.Chapek@disney.com
George.Kalogridis@disney.com

Last edited:

Only if its a service animal...which I know is a whole can of worms if people abuse the system. For my dog would it save me a bunch of money YES....but in the long run I don't need to be anymore on a schedule to make sure I get back, let the dog out.....

yes, of course service animals are already allowed, I think? Come to think of it, I don't know if I've seen one at a resort.

yes, of course service animals are already allowed, I think? Come to think of it, I don't know if I've seen one at a resort.

I think I have seen a dog in the parks but never at the resorts. Which I would imagine that Disney is fine with service animals....it makes things interesting. particularly if a service animal and say someone like my dog met in the hallway. The other thing is they should only make rooms that are dog friendly only that way people who have allergies and all won't be in those rooms.

I know for military hotels (husband serves) most our base hotels are dog friendly but only certain rooms.

For what it's worth, I like dogs but -

NO NO NO NO NO AND NO!!!!

I am at Disney for a vacation, to relax and enjoy down time with my family. The absolute last thing I want to worry about is someone's yapping dog waking me up at 2am. It's bad enough to worry about noisy humans, and now you're going to throw dogs into the mix?

Disney, you are officially out of your minds. The only way this works is to make one separate resort for dogs. This way other guests. WHO DONT HAVE DOGS, don't have to worry about noise, odors, fleas, and most importantly allergies.

I hope Disney has beefed up the staffing at their complaint department, because they're about to be overwhelmed with a virtual tsunami of angry paying customers.

I love dogs - currently have a young puppy who we adore but NO NO NO - there are so many irresponsible owners. Dogs aren't allowed in the parks so what will happen to them all day long!
We already have to ask for hypoallergenic clean due to low immune system and I most certainly would not be happy to stay in a room where a dog had stayed.

I was pretty shocked Disney was trial running this and bummed that it's at our favorite resort, Port Orleans Riverside. I will definitely need to change what hotels we stay at because we are a severely allergic to dogs family, so staying where there are dogs is not an option. Hoping the trial doesn't go so well because even though I like dogs, I think Disney should remain dog-free.

I'm more curious than anything, I wonder; why did they make this move?

As for being concerned... I'll wait and see. Disney knows all the possible repercussions (flea management, etc...) and apparently thinks they can handle it. The only thing that would bother me is barking.

I do not mind, however I do think there should be certain pet friendly rooms only that have the accommodations necessary. I don't think that all rooms are suited to keeping a pet in them, but if they made a dedicated block, I have no problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!