Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's to say where someone's dog will sleep, I for one don't want to sleep in a dog's bed! We do not sleep in dog friendly hotels, and always thank the non-dog hotels for not allowing pets.
I just have to believe that sheets & beds are santitized properly. It’s probably not, but, otherwise, I would never go when I think of some of the PEOPLE that I’ve seen in WDW! To think of some of them in the beds, eew.

Last edited:
Who's to say where someone's dog will sleep, I for one don't want to sleep in a dog's bed! We do not sleep in dog friendly hotels, and always thank the non-dog hotels for not allowing pets.

When WDW Guest Services called me I asked them about dog hair/fur in the rooms. The answer I received was legitimately laughable "Dogs are not allowed on the furniture anywhere on the premises. That includes the furniture in the guest rooms."

o_O:rotfl::laughing:

How on earth are they going to expect dogs to stay off the furniture in the guest rooms? Especially if the dog is unattended in the room for 7 hours with no stipulation that they are kept in a crate or pet carrier.

"Dogs are not allowed on the furniture anywhere on the premises. That includes the furniture in the guest rooms."

How on earth are they going to expect dogs to stay off the furniture in the guest rooms?

Levitation and force fields, all through the repelling power of strong earth magnets. They have been installed in all of the new furniture and fixtures (hence the refurbishment and construction projects), and all dogs will be required to wear 5 magicbands (one for each leg and collar). The new 2.0woof magicbands have strong magnets installed inside them as well.

That, or all dogs will be required to wear bubbles, which have been fashioned out of recycled Disney ponchos, the same ones you are accustomed to purchasing for $10 in the parks. :duck:

Levitation and force fields, all through the repelling power of strong earth magnets. They have been installed in all of the new furniture and fixtures (hence the refurbishment and construction projects), and all dogs will be required to wear 5 magicbands (one for each leg and collar). The new 2.0woof magicbands have strong magnets installed inside them as well.

That, or all dogs will be required to wear bubbles, which have been fashioned out of recycled Disney ponchos, the same ones you are accustomed to purchasing for $10 in the parks. :duck:
How is this any different that anything else ppl aren’t supposed to do in rooms? It’s the responsibility of the guest to follow rules. It’s up to the discretion of WDW to hold guests accountable if there is evidence (e.g. mounds of dog hair) left behind that rules were broken. I don’t get why ppl worry about ppl breaking these rules more than any other.

When WDW Guest Services called me I asked them about dog hair/fur in the rooms. The answer I received was legitimately laughable "Dogs are not allowed on the furniture anywhere on the premises. That includes the furniture in the guest rooms."

How on earth are they going to expect dogs to stay off the furniture in the guest rooms? Especially if the dog is unattended in the room for 7 hours with no stipulation that they are kept in a crate or pet carrier.

Epic.

Thank you! Her oncologist and nurses were super awesome...everytime they knew that we were going to Disney(her happy place) they loaded us down with supplies to take...free of charge. Hot packs, wipes, blankets, masks, medical supplies for an emergency... anything that we needed, they gave us by the bag full. I do know of a medical supply website called advantagemedical.com that has some of the same supplies we used. The wipes are about $11 per container, which is not bad compared to the Clorox wipes. And prayers for your mother as well!
Thank you so much. I'll check that website out right now.

I am so sorry for your loss. No parent should have to endure what you have endured. Your experience sure puts things into perspective for me and makes my worries about dogs running amok around Walt Disney World seem incredibly trivial.

Prayers for your (and your family's) continued healing. :hug:

It's plain silly to think that that pets are going to cautiously sit on the floor, carefully avoiding any beds, sofas, chairs or other furnishings.
And this is exactly why if WDW wants to go into the pet resort business, they need to construct or convert buildings to ONLY pet resort facilities. They can decorate Disney, but at the same time add surfaces (hard and soft) throughout the room that are easily wiped down and sanitized on a regular basis.

Thank you so much. I'll check that website out right now.

I am so sorry for your loss. No parent should have to endure what you have endured. Your experience sure puts things into perspective for me and makes my worries about dogs running amok around Walt Disney World seem incredibly trivial.

Prayers for your (and your family's) continued healing. :hug:
Thank you!

OK, since this thread has clearly outlived its usefulness and is just repeating the same arguments, we’re going to end it here.

If you want to post your experiences with staying in one of the dog-friendly resorts, either with or without a dog, use this thread:

Actual Dog Experiences

If you have concrete information (not rumor or speculation) on policies pertaining to dogs at resorts, either from Disney or from personal information, post it here:

Help us gather information on Disney’s policies on dogs at resorts

If you want to let Disney know your feelings on the trial, either for or against, send an e-mail to:

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter