• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

Does anyone else think it's only a matter of time before they offer an EMM for toy story land similar to how they do over at MK. Or some sort of add for extra $$$ .At this point I hope they do I rather just pay and get on all the 3 rides in 1 hour than deal with lines, crowds etc.
I like this idea - so I hope so

When the Star Wars stuff opens, definitely see them charging to access the Galaxy Edge attractions like EMM or After Dark.

Super frustrating to get the email and still not be able to get in. Oh well...

Seems super limited and it's first come first serve. Does suck not every AP can sign up for it but you needed to be on and sign up within about 90 min of it going live.

I got the email on Wednesday at 3:47pm (FL time) & checked my email at 4pm so I was lucky to see it. But even by then only weekdays were available which won't work for me since I work & live 1.5/2 hours away. Oh well at least I got a chance to try. I was really hoping they would some evenings as I could have driven after work.

But have hope people---I did just go last Saturday (7-7) & rode ALL 3 RIDES WITH NO FP'S IN AN HOUR!!! Yes I was there early to park (6:30am) & get in the AP entrance line at the front gate, but even with EMH from 7-8am when they opened the park at 8am I was still able to get all 3 rides done standby. :cool1: Slinky Dog I waited 13 minutes. Aliens I waited less than 10 minutes. Then I strolled around & took some pictures before going back to TSM where it was like a 10 minute wait. I did more strolling & looking around & pictures after the rides cause I will say they very quickly went up to longer waits (especially Slinky Dog)!

Last edited:
Man, I got the email about this yesterday. I saw it about an hour after I got it, I went to register, it was full. How do people who aren't on the DisBoards see these things? I ALWAYS find out about stuff online long before I get the official notification (if any) from Disney.

with MK having EMM on my AP date at TSL, I'm hoping maybe some buses will be up and running at 615ish? ha. We're staying at SoG and I'm hoping if I just get to the Poly then something will magically appear to take us to DHS without having to Uber it

with MK having EMM on my AP date at TSL, I'm hoping maybe some buses will be up and running at 615ish? ha. We're staying at SoG and I'm hoping if I just get to the Poly then something will magically appear to take us to DHS without having to Uber it

We were there on opening day. We drove from Poly, parked around 5:30 and were surprised to see busses dropping people off. There was a line at the gate, they opened at 6:00, we got in around 6:10 and on Slinky Dog by 7:00.

Man, I got the email about this yesterday. I saw it about an hour after I got it, I went to register, it was full. How do people who aren't on the DisBoards see these things? I ALWAYS find out about stuff online long before I get the official notification (if any) from Disney.

I was not on this board. I just happened to be on my email when it came in.

But I have yet to win the Hamilton ticket lottery...so things work out or don’t. C’est la vie! :)

Does anyone else think it's only a matter of time before they offer an EMM for toy story land similar to how they do over at MK. Or some sort of add for extra $$$ .At this point I hope they do I rather just pay and get on all the 3 rides in 1 hour than deal with lines, crowds etc.

It would seem inevitable. Although it’s interesting to me that Pandora has been open over a year now and we haven’t seen anything there yet (not counting that VIP tour offering, whatever it’s called). To me, that one seemed obvious for a breakfast type EMM event given the indoor dining area right there. But what do I know!?

It would seem inevitable. Although it’s interesting to me that Pandora has been open over a year now and we haven’t seen anything there yet (not counting that VIP tour offering, whatever it’s called). To me, that one seemed obvious for a breakfast type EMM event given the indoor dining area right there. But what do I know!?
Because they haven't done one for AK/Pandora and because they did one at HS, and never brought it back, I'm going to say, they won't be bringing one back for TSL.
Once Galaxy Edge opens sure. I believe they are going to have all sorts of special ticket things for that, of course. Seeing how it will have the themed event resort and all that.
Now, will they create something like the night tour at AK? That they may do. But that tour just seems too overpriced for what you get

I think they'd have to offer a star wars event for many, many more time slots.
You'd think but you know, the last Galactic Nights never sold out.
Now, that's comparing a for cost event to a free event, so that's not a very even comparison but still, it wasn't like folks were clamoring to go in such a high number that it sold out. I'm not sure it would go as fast as folks are expecting it would

I think they'd have to offer a star wars event for many, many more time slots.

I think it will depend on the construction schedule. TSL ran into problems because they announced a firm opening date, and then had to hustle to get everything finished in time. Unlike Pandora, there wasn’t any time prior to opening to schedule previews in a way that wouldn’t disrupt the land for regular visitors. I hope they take a hard look at the need to have that cushion of time for SWGE when they consider their opening date. Pandora had some issues at the beginning because of the ride systems and things like the passholder previews can help bring these things to light without the stress of being open to the general public. TSL benefited in a way from the fact that their ride systems were fairly basic and simple, so they didn’t experience the issues FOP had. I have a feeling SWGE will be a lot more complicated.

I said way back when ... that the DHS EMM was a practice run for when TSL opens. I think they could actually do in SWL - and sell it out - and TSL on alternating days. Those are big money makers.

Was shocked they didn’t EMM Pandora. Wouldn’t even have to open every theater. Land completely setup for it.

Last edited:

If Disney can make money on something they will... But don't see them doing it for TSL... Even during these opening weeks people are reporting low waits at opening and near close. FP's aren't as hard to get as FoP. Have said in other threads, don't think this is going to be a super packed land after they initial rush wears off.
They could have done it these opening weeks, but seems they were too disorganized to put it together... Hence having the AP events way after opening.

I saw a post on Facebook from Kenny White, and was able to get in about 45 mins after it was posted. Sept 11th for 7 am. I am actually happy about this, because we were half daying it anyway, and now I can hopefully modify my TOT and RNR for closer to 9. Have SDD for 10 that day, may keep it, but now I won't NEED to, so that's nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter