Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

No offense, but it's kind of crappy to take a limited availability opportunity slot and not use it at all, when there could be someone else who would really want to go.

To play devil's advocate, Disney just sprung the booking window on everyone with no warning and I imagine a lot of people grabbed time slots they may not use since there was no time to properly plan. We didn't even know if it was going to be morning or evening before bookings started. I agree that people who signed up shouldn't be skipping out, but I won't blame them too much if they do.

No offense, but it's kind of crappy to take a limited availability opportunity slot and not use it at all, when there could be someone else who would really want to go.

I think it's kind of crappy that i never got my AP email and therefore almost missed out on this completely. By the time i was able to get to the site it was slim pickings and 7am during the week were the only time slots left. My week long vacation that week will be a working "vacation." I am attending a conference that week and will only have my evenings available to play. A Saturday booking would have been better for me since the conference will be finished by then and that will be my only full play day that week. If i do decide to go to my booked hour which will put me late to my conference that day then i can do that. Plus my husband is coming with me and he might decide to attend while I'm at the conference. I'm sure many people didn't get the time slots they wanted and i am sure there will be plenty of no shows especially to the early AM events with all of the late night events going on the week DAH MNSHP and such. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who decide to rollover and go back to sleep. Either way it is my trip and i don't how my plans are any of your business and you would do well to keep your snide comments to yourself.

Please, let's keep personal attacks off this thread. Those Passholders, like myself, who did not get in on the offer, are not pleased; however, it's not fair to put blame on Passholders who were fortunate enough to land a slot.

This is a bad scenario created by Disney, who, so far, has not come up with a resolution.

I think it's kind of crappy that i never got my AP email and therefore almost missed out on this completely. By the time i was able to get to the site it was slim pickings and 7am during the week were the only time slots left. My week long vacation that week will be a working "vacation." I am attending a conference that week and will only have my evenings available to play. A Saturday booking would have been better for me since the conference will be finished by then and that will be my only full play day that week. If i do decide to go to my booked hour which will put me late to my conference that day then i can do that. Plus my husband is coming with me and he might decide to attend while I'm at the conference. I'm sure many people didn't get the time slots they wanted and i am sure there will be plenty of no shows especially to the early AM events with all of the late night events going on the week DAH MNSHP and such. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who decide to rollover and go back to sleep. Either way it is my trip and i don't how my plans are any of your business and you would do well to keep your snide comments to yourself.

Neither myself or my GF got the AP email. I was lucky enough to be on the site when it went live and someone posted a link.

To play devil's advocate, Disney just sprung the booking window on everyone with no warning and I imagine a lot of people grabbed time slots they may not use since there was no time to properly plan. We didn't even know if it was going to be morning or evening before bookings started. I agree that people who signed up shouldn't be skipping out, but I won't blame them too much if they do.

I don't think it was possible to grab multiple slots because the system knew if you already made a reservation for the event.

Disney created this situation so you can't blame anyone. Disney announces a huge time frame ... no other info as to times, amount of time, etc. People wait and wait for "the email" and when the first one comes social media blows it up. We all know from experience we better think fast and grab before the are gone ... and given the smaller size of this land no doubt it would sell faster than Pandora.

You barely have time to get a slot let alone be checking with all your group about the dates etc. Since not all get emails, the first family member to know is to book for the rest. Disney has also set it up so you can not let the dates go once you book, so no chance of it coming back into the system if one can't use it. I agree with no ability to transfer but you should be able to give back to Disney for someone else.

I certainly understand the situation means act first and see if it works after. If you are out of town you might find the travel parameters won't work. If I am there I would for sure not let it go unused. We have it, we were able to extend our trip to encompass it. We will use it.

In the end, this isn't the big deal Pandora was, times are already manageable. Now come SWL .... I see it getting quite ugly.

Disney created this situation so you can't blame anyone. Disney announces a huge time frame ... no other info as to times, amount of time, etc. People wait and wait for "the email" and when the first one comes social media blows it up. We all know from experience we better think fast and grab before the are gone ... and given the smaller size of this land no doubt it would sell faster than Pandora.

You barely have time to get a slot let alone be checking with all your group about the dates etc. Since not all get emails, the first family member to know is to book for the rest. Disney has also set it up so you can not let the dates go once you book, so no chance of it coming back into the system if one can't use it. I agree with no ability to transfer but you should be able to give back to Disney for someone else.

I certainly understand the situation means act first and see if it works after. If you are out of town you might find the travel parameters won't work. If I am there I would for sure not let it go unused. We have it, we were able to extend our trip to encompass it. We will use it.

In the end, this isn't the big deal Pandora was, times are already manageable. Now come SWL .... I see it getting quite ugly.

I don't know, the months ago when this thing was announced, I purposely left open chunks of time in my planning just in case I was able to get a slot, lo and behold I don't have to alter a thing because I took a chance and pre planned contingencies.

I don't know, the months ago when this thing was announced, I purposely left open chunks of time in my planning just in case I was able to get a slot, lo and behold I don't have to alter a thing because I took a chance and pre planned contingencies.

Not everyone can put a month on hold unless they live locally, or semi-locally or have great flexibility in life. Many of us live far away and it required additional planning.

All they gave us more than a month ago was: September, Register in coming weeks, Register self and one guest.

We had no ideas of which days, what times, all month or just a week like before and for those who need airfare, hotels, vacation time etc .......... it wasn't so easy.

So we sat and waited ... :surfweb:

In the end ..... it took over a month to open and you could register more than 2 (which eats up more spots). It was undesirable times (I wish they did this after park close) that will impact regular day guests. Disney set up the game rules, we had to play along and they set up the situation that some get in and some don't. And some were forced to grab first and try to make it work later. And if we can't go, Disney gave no option to release it.

Passholders will gain exclusive access to Toy Story Land in September and will be able to take advantage of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Attendees will get access to the 2 new attractions and Toy Story Mania. Plus, guests will also be able to enjoy tasty snacks over at Woody’s Lunch Box.

Registration for this event will open in the coming weeks and we will notify you as soon as it does. Eligible Passholders may register themselves and 1 Guest.

Last edited:
Not everyone can put a month on hold unless they live locally, or semi-locally or have great flexibility in life. Many of us live far away and it required additional planning.

All they gave us more than a month ago was: September, Register in coming weeks, Register self and one guest.

We had no ideas of which days, what times, all month or just a week like before and for those who need airfare, hotels, vacation time etc .......... it wasn't so easy.

In the end ..... it took over a month to open and you could register more than 2 (which eats up more spots). It was undesirable times (I wish they did this after park close) that will impact regular day guests. Disney set up the game rules, we had to play along and they set up the situation that some get in and some don't. And some were forced to grab first and try to make it work later. And if we can't go, Disney gave no option to release it.

Passholders will gain exclusive access to Toy Story Land in September and will be able to take advantage of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Attendees will get access to the 2 new attractions and Toy Story Mania. Plus, guests will also be able to enjoy tasty snacks over at Woody’s Lunch Box.

Registration for this event will open in the coming weeks and we will notify you as soon as it does. Eligible Passholders may register themselves and 1 Guest.

Agreed! We live several hours away and just happened to book in September (made plans almost a year ago!). I was hopeful there would be times available for our dates, and fortunately there were!! We are traveling with family and none of us have flexible schedules, so there’s no way we could have changed our dates. Also thought I would have to choose between my husband and sister to register since originally it had said yourself and one guest. When I received the email I was so surprised and had only a couple minutes to decide. I couldn’t even remember what day we had planned to go to HS and didn’t even have time to look that up!!! Definitely something like moonlight magic where the dates are announced in advance as well as the time for booking is announced ... it’s more fair for everyone to have a chance and far more likely to have fewer cancellations as people would know what to expect. But this is how they chose to do it so this is what it is I suppose.

We live in NJ, far from being a nearby local, to which I always say that Disney should put more emphasis on wooing out of state AP holders to more events. Local AP holders can drop things anytime they want to find a way to Disney, when you live 1300+ miles away it's not so easy.

We booked September a year ago. We always go the week after Labor Day because it's a ghost town. I built in an off day in our planning just in case, i.e. rest day, but when this was announced I hoped that it would fall in line with this AP Preview. Our 60 Day FP+ window was July 7th, and I still booked a SDD FP+ near the end of our trip just in case the preview wasn't happening during our trip.

Last edited:
We live in NJ, far from being a nearby local, to which I always say that Disney should put more emphasis on wooing out of state AP holders to more events. Local AP holders can drop things anytime they want to find a way to Disney, when you live 1300+ miles away it's not so easy.

We booked September a year ago. We always go the week after Labor Day because it's a ghost town. I built in an off day in our planning just in case, i.e. rest day, but when this was announced I hoped that it would fall in line with this AP Preview. Our 60 Day FP+ window was July 7th, and I still booked a SDD FP+ near the end of our trip just in case the preview wasn't happening during our trip.

So like me, you were already going to be there .... that means this announcement had no impact on your travel plans. The point was many are now trying to build a trip last minute around the slot they got. It was grab slot first, book after. I had to do that with Pandora. AND some are now not going to be able to make it work and because Disney is not going to allow them to "return" the time slot .... it will go unused. You posted that it's crappy to take a spot and not use it .... my response to all was only that Disney has created this scenario of maybe not using your slot, and I put it on them.

Last edited:
So like me, you were already going to be there .... that means this announcement had no impact on your travel plans. The point was many are now trying to build a trip last minute around the slot they got. It was grab slot first, book after. I had to do that with Pandora. AND some are now not going to be able to make it work and because Disney is not going to allow them to "return" the time slot .... it will go unused. You posted that it's crappy to take a spot and not use it .... my response to all was only that Disney has created this scenario and I put it on them.
I had to do the same thing for Pandora I get a time slot and then planed a trip at least this time I had a trip planned already

I had to do the same thing for Pandora I get a time slot and then planed a trip at least this time I had a trip planned already

Pandora was totally worth planning a trip for. I would not have planned a special trip for this had it not worked out for my dates. The lines are already shorter and an hour in there for two rides ... not enough for an 8 hour trip plus hotels etc.

AND in the end it's not even a preview ........... I will have already been there when we do this. It's just less people to get a few rides in.

Pandora was totally worth planning a trip for. I would not have planned a special trip for this had it not worked out for my dates. The lines are already shorter and an hour in there for two rides ... not enough for an 8 hour trip plus hotels etc.

AND in the end it's not even a preview ........... I will have already been there when we do this. It's just less people to get a few rides in.
You are right is not worth an 8-hour trip if you did not have a trip already booked, I was there for the soft opening and opening day and really just wanted some time to look around without mass of people everywhere ( and do the rides, I have heard they speed up SDD some, do not know if this is true or not)

You know, PP didn't say they booked and then have no plans to use it. They booked and said that it's possible they will decide at the last minute to not use it. I'd say that is the case for many of those who booked. One never knows a month from now what can come up. Even the best of intentions can go awry.

I know I booked a spot for the Pandora previews with intention of using it. Then DGD got their times for their choir concert and it so happened to be exactly the same day as we had our preview booked. No changes possible for either one. We couldn't use our preview spot. But I can assure you, I did not book it with the intention of NOT using it or with the intention of taking a spot away from someone. Life happened and I couldn't go. I wanted to, trust me.

Last edited:
You were able to block out an entire month and have no other plans for any day in that month, since there was no way you could have known what day they'd offer it or what time you'd be able to get? And you are able to predict nothing will come up in the next month that can prevent you from going on the day and time you selected? Not one single thing? Not, heaven forbid, an accident on the way there or an illness?

You were able to block out an entire month and have no other plans for any day in that month, since there was no way you could have known what day they'd offer it or what time you'd be able to get? And you are able to predict nothing will come up in the next month that can prevent you from going on the day and time you selected? Not one single thing? Not, heaven forbid, an accident on the way there or an illness?

I didn't block out an entire month. I blocked out a day, during our 8 day trip. I pretty much expected Disney to offer at least 2-3 days a week for the entire month of September for the AP preview thing. Turns out nearly the entire month was available sans every Sunday. I also was able to get a FP+ for SDD just in case the preview wasn't happening and we wouldn't be shut out from experiencing Toy Story Land.

You are right is not worth an 8-hour trip if you did not have a trip already booked, I was there for the soft opening and opening day and really just wanted some time to look around without mass of people everywhere ( and do the rides, I have heard they speed up SDD some, do not know if this is true or not)

Oh I hear you. I wouldn't normally be rolling in to a park that early but DS1 has many issues and this will be great for him, especially if we find it too crowded other times. Our goal is enjoy without mass of humanity.

Hi all... long time lurker here :wave:

I just wanted to share some good news... I got a registration email this morning so I'm in!!! I'm a first time AP, never attended any event and I'll actually be there the first week of September for my birthday so I'm very excited!! So, those who didn't get in, don't lose hope! Faith, trust and pixie dust!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter